Dr. Andrew Hecht, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Andrew Hecht, MD
Dr. Andrew Hecht, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 23 years. Dr. Hecht is affiliated with Mount Sinai Hospital.

Dr. Hecht's Experience

See how Dr. Hecht's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hecht

Dr. Hecht accepts 9 insurance carriers

Dr. Hecht is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Hecht has admitting privileges.

Dr. Hecht's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hecht to family and friends
    4.2
    Dr. Hecht's Performance
    in Point Lookout, NY |
    Dr Hecht is a good surgeon who helped me get the feeling back in my hands and arms. However, I too, have been thrown to the side. The follow-up is awful. I had very little pain before the procedure because it was primarily numbness and tingling. Now I have feeling but I'm in pain. And they just don't care!! Also, the doctor never came to see me after the procedure. They sent me home 1-1/2 days after surgery and he never checked on me once. Now they don't return calls or call in prescriptions.
    in Staten Island, NJ |
    I would not recommend this surgeon to anyone. I have FBSS and have been left in the dust by this surgeon. He just wants to do surgery. He doesn't care about follow-up or symptoms post-surgery. I didn't hear from him until 10 days post surgery when he returned my call. At least I got to ask how the surgery went! The hospital experience in immediate recovery was a nightmare also! With my FBSS, he and his staff just dismiss me. My case will affect his "numbers". PLEASE go for minimally invasive!
    in Long Island NY |
    Yes sometimes there is wait. That happens with in demand spine surgeons. I would not trust anyone else with the delicate task of operating on my spine! Dr. Hecht and his team are wonderful. Always willing to spend time with you and answer questions. They make you feel like family, and treat you with respect and compassion. Highly recommended.
    in New York, ny |
    I love him. Changed my life for the better.
    in Elizabeth, NJ |
    I've seen Dr. Hecht twice over the past several years for spondylolisthesis. I've always been impressed with him. I had FMLA paperwork that was a real hassle because it had to be redone due a rescheduling of surgery but his office staff was always extremely helpful and patient. And although I decided to postpone surgery for a future date Dr. Hecht has always been there to address my concerns and questions which surprised me because I know he's busy. I would definitely recommend him to anyone.
    New York City, NY |
    i am a retired NFL player. I had neck surgery with Dr. Hecht 6 months ago. I have had problems with my cervical spine for years with neck and arm pain. He was able to do an operation to relieve my pain and kept all my motion in my neck. I have no stiffness or pain. All the other doctors i consulted with wanted to do a long fusion but Dr Hecht did something called a laminoplasty. I have not felt this good in years. Also his staff is amazing. Dr. hecht is the warmest and likeable person.
    in New York, NY |
    he is amazing surgeon. confident, warm, and truly cares about his patients and their families. he did a cervical laminoplasty on me when another surgeon wanted to fuse my entire cervical spine. I have no pain , my function is back to normal and I still have all my motion.
    Have you seen Dr. Andrew Hecht, MD?
    Are you Dr. Hecht?

Dr. Hecht's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Hecht has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Hecht's Board Certifications

• Broken Neck
    • Lumbar Spine Fracture
    • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
    • Pathological Spine Fracture

Harvard Medical School

Completed in 1999

Emory Spine Surgery

Completed in 2001

Dr. Hecht does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hecht and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Adult Orthopedic Surgery
    • Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery
    • Pediatric Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Disc Replacement
    • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
    • Herniated Disc Surgery
    • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
    • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair