Dr. Andrew Harper, MD

Dr. Andrew Harper, MD

Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility  |
Dr. Andrew Harper, MD is a reproductive endocrinology & infertility doctor who practices in Madison, AL. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 21 years.

20 Hughes Rd Ste 203

Madison, AL 35758

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Learn about Dr. Harper

Dr. Harper's Experience

Dr. Harper's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility

• Hysteroscopy
  • In Vitro Fertilization
  • Infertility Treatment
  • Intra Uterine Insemination
  • Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• Univ Of Al Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1996
  • Baylor College Of Med
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000
  • University Of Washington
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Harper has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Harper does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Harper and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Harper's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Harper to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Harper's Performance
    GOOD
Owens Cross Roads, AL |
Dr. Harper and his staff, especially our nurse Chelsea were amazing. We did 3 fresh cycles got pregnant on all 3. Number one was a miscarriage at 6 weeks. Number 2 with twins at 9 weeks was also a miscarriage. Now we are pregnant with a baby girl and we owe so much to Dr. Harper and his team. They were always there for us answered all questions and were very caring. It took us over 2 1/2 years to get to this point but it was all worth it. I never felt it was about the money.
in Huntsville, AL |
Dr.harper and his staff were excellent! They listened to my concerns and supported me in what I was looking for. I did IVF and miscarried and luckily I had 3 frozen so with no rush of them I asked to do my frozen ASAP. The next month I started the meds and I am currently 21 weeks pregnant with twins! They are very nice and supportive! I truly appreciate the staff there!!
in Owens Cross Roads, AL |
I cannot say enough about Dr. Harper and the staff. Everyone was always so caring and I always felt like I knew them personally. We were never pressured into anything we weren't comfortable with. After a few failed IUIS we eventually resorted to IVF and Jennifer and Dr. Harper were absolutely incredible. I owe it to the staff and nurses and most importantly Dr. Harper as today we are going in for an ultrasound to see our little GIRL!!
in Huntsville al |
Throughout our treatment, Dr Harper provided a balanced and realistic prognosis; no false promises, yet not pessimistic. He answered all our questions, never once being found wanting for an answer. He was very receptive to our wishes, ensuring they were factored into our treatment. Furthermore his staff were excellent; they were very warm and friendly. We are now expecting our first child thanks to him and his team; there's no better recommendation than that.
Madison, AL |
My husband and I can't say enough good things about Dr. Harper, Chelsea (our nurse), and the rest of the office staff! Everyone always listened to ask of our questions and concerns and went above and beyond to answer questions! They made our fertility journey smooth and as easy as could be! We never felt pressured to try IVF even though we eventually used IVF for unexplained infertility. We love this office and look forward to returning to grow our family in a few years! So grateful for them!
Madison, AL |
I would leave Zero stars if the option were available. I was referred to Dr. Harper by my obgyn. At the consultation, he had not taken the time to review my records/scan/ultrasound/ or labs that my obgyn had sent him for my case. He had completely wrote me off before even being seen," you were dropped on me by doctor (my OB that I will leave nameless)." He had no intentions of looking at, requesting said medical records, etc. I was a waste of his time if I wasn't getting pregnant right away.
Madison, AL |
Dr. Harper and his staff are absolutely wonderful. Our nurse, Joan, was fantastic and I could not have made it through without her. She was encouraging and calming (when I was irrational and anxious). Dr. Harper has excellent bedside manner and we never felt pressured to try anything we were not ready for. Thanks to Dr. Harper, we are due with our first child in April after 6 years of trying!
in Moulton, AL. |
Very friendly, caring, and comforting staff. Even though there can be several visits involved, it is well worth the time spent there. Dr. Harper and his staff are the best! Loved everyone that I came in contact with. All my questions and concerns were answered, and they don't give you the run around about what is going on. I loved knowing that we would try a step by step process that I could understand and I felt comfortable with. I never once felt that money was what they were after.
in Blountsville, AL |
I read the negativite comments and realize those people are ignorant to the fact that Harper can't predict the future but gives his patients the best route for success. Harper has superb bedside manner, is brilliant in his craft and his Nurse Practitioner, Lynn, is incredibly nice. They stack all their patients for their cycles and procedures and it runs like a well oiled machine most of the time. Very good experience.
AL |
Dr. Harper is very professional and smart. His nurse Jennifer is very kind and caring. Joan is so cheerful and cheers you up even in a very stressful situation.
in Madison, AL |
At first, Dr. Harper has suggested the low cost option of Insemenation. We agreed to 3-4 rounds before we evaluated our treatment plan. After the first round, and after he found out my insurance covers IVF, he decided to point is in the direction of IVF. I solely believe this was because of money, after I explained our insurance still requires a large payment from our pocket for IVF, the look on his face explained he was just in it for the money. Don't waste your time/money.
Huntsville, AL |
Horrible experience! I would strongly advise anyone not to waste their time and money. Very unorganized and badly run office. Most of staff are horrible and my experience was relayed to Dr. Harper who didn't care or act on the bad experiences I had. The nurses never knew my case and why I was there for my appointments. One particular nurse was rude and unprofessional in her conduct and after this was relayed to Dr. Harper and he brushed it off, I knew this was not a competent Dr. Zero stars!
Atlanta, GA |
Very unprofessional dr and staff. Staff did not know my case except for one nurse. Dr also changed his opinion of my case after we spent several dollars. I strongly recommend anyone looking for fertility treatment to go elsewhere and not be subjected to the stress and lying staff.
Boaz |
Dr.Harper and his staff were great. I would recommend him to anyone Thanks to Dr.Harper and his wonderful staff we are now expecting a baby boy after our first Ivf attempt.
Don't waste your time. I would give ZERO stars if that was an option. Dr. Harper gives false hope to get your money. He's unrealistic with success rates until he actually gets your money, then he tells you you have very slim chances of success. I'm disgusted we gave him so much money over 3 years for absolutely nothing. I was later diagnosed with endometriosos (which Harper and his staff refused to diagnose). Be careful what you spend your time and money on!!! We're broke and don't have a baby!
Have you seen Dr. Andrew Harper, MD?
Are you Dr. Harper?

Visit Dr. Harper

Dr. Harper accepts 9 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
    Dental Blue 100/200/300
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Hospitals where Dr. Harper has admitting privileges