Dr. Andrew Guzman, MD

Dr. Andrew Guzman, MD

Family Medicine  |
32 reviews

Dr. Andrew Guzman, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Bradenton, FL. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Dr. Guzman is affiliated with Blake Medical Center....See Less

Learn about Dr. Guzman

I view my patients as a person, not a condition, so I enjoy getting to know them. Patients tell me they like my practicing style because I'm "down to Earth and approachable." I feel privileged to be part of their health care and help them achieve and maintain wellness.

Dr. Guzman's Experience

Dr. Guzman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine

• Asthma
  • Atrophic Vaginitis
  • Bleeding Disorders
  • Blood Disorders
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cervical Polyps
  • Emphysema
  • Endometriosis
  • Genitourinary Tract Infections in Pregnancy
  • Gestational Diabetes
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Heart Disease
  • Mastodynia
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menopause
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Postpartum Depression
  • Pregestational Diabetes Mellitus
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause

• Fletcher Allen Healthcare-University Vermont
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001
  • UMDMJ Robert Wood Johnson Camden Cooper University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2005

Dr. Guzman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Guzman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Guzman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Guzman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Guzman to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Guzman's Performance
in Cortez Florida (Snowbird) |
I would, and have, recommended Dr. Guzman to other residents in our neighborhood in Cortez. My wife and I have both been pleased with Dr. Guzman's treatments and explanations during our visits, and follow up on visits. He takes time to be certain that you understand the situation, and how to take any medications required.
I met Doctor Guzman for the first time as a "meet and greet" for a family doctor. He immediately impressed me with his knowledge and demeanor, and I was quite pleased with my choice. I plan to add my wife to his list of patients when we return, and would not hesitate to recommend him and/or his practice to anyone looking fir a quality doctor.
Detroit, MI |
There are two primary factors that drive my rating of 5 stars. He is very skilled and intelligent and he is a terrific guy - a perfect partner to have on my health journey. I can honestly say that until now, I did not look forward to going to see the Dr. Now, I am keen to see what progress we are making on my long term health goals. So far, so good!!
Brandon, FL |
Great PCP
in Bradenton, Florida |
OMG I started going to Dr. Guzman last year and he is one of the best providers I have ever had in my life. He listens and his very kind, made me feel so comfortable. The staff is amazing as well.
Bradenton, FL |
The receptionist is extremely rude! Multiple occasions she has skoffed at those checking in & treats you as an inconvenience. The staff NEVER returns phone calls & has given me someone else's records and rx twice! The dr told me i needed a specialist, when I gave him the name of a non-pinnacle physician I wanted to see he had the audacity to tell the nurse my choice pissed him off! All while standing right outside the door where i could clearly hear him! Beware an unprofessional & dangerous dr!
in Bradenton, FL |
I went to Dr. Guzman because i had read a review stating he had moved, and the patient had missed him as a doctor, and that sounded like the kind of doctor I would want to have. Their review was entirely accurate, he is absolutely the best doctor I've ever had the pleasure of being seen by. If you're trying to pick a new doctor, this is the guy I'd recommend.
Sarasota, FL |
Appalling diagnosis based on invalid test results. He wanted to prescribe serious drugs to treat a non-existent condition - all because he ordered blood tests that were not asked for and then he failed to instruct me on the preparations needed prior to the blood test. Follow-up appointment was cancelled while I was in the waiting room. Meaning, when I checked in the receptionist / office staff confirmed I was there for my appointment. Waited 30 minutes only to be turned away.
in Sarasota, FL |
Terrifyingly incapable! He did a cholesterol test, without telling me or noting it on the lab form that it needed to be a fasting test (which is does). Then on the strength of the results he told me I was a "stroke risk" and tried to scare me into getting onto medication immediately! Thankfully my chiropractor had more sense and got the tests redone properly a week later and my cholesterol is perfectly normal. Dread to think of the damage he could have caused! Avoid this incompetent doctor!!!
in Bradenton, FL |
We moved to Florida about 2 1/2 years ago. One of the tough things about moving is finding a good doctor. After seeing Dr Guzman on our BC/BS list, we went in for physicals and to establish a family dr. Right from our first visit, we knew we made the right choice. The staff was friendly and efficient, and Dr. Guzman, what can I say, he is so down to earth, listens to what you have to say, and best of all makes you feel important. And always has that smile
in Myakka City, FL |
Very thorough. A down to earth person, Has your best interest in mind.
in Bradenton, FL |
It was the strangest doctor visit I've ever had in 60 plus years. This doctor had his hair in a big ponytail and never spoke about my medical condition. He rambled on and on about how "his style of care was easy going and laid back". The nurse was very cold and complained that she had to enter my prescriptions into the computer. I ended up walking out after he said he would not take me on as a patient and told me "he was interviewing me to see if we were a match". Hippocratic oath?
in Bradenton, FL |
What an amazing doctor! My husband & I moved from PA in November and we randomly chose to go to Dr. Guzman after searching Google. We hit the doctor lotto here. He listens and his staff is great. I would highly recommend him.
The Bradenton area is so incredibly lucky to have Dr. Guzman. We miss him so much. Dr. Guzman is the kindest, most caring person. My best friend, sister, step mom and I all saw him prior to his relocation. I would have been entrusting my daughter's care to him as well. He removed stage 4 endometriosis for me twice. He always had a future plan for us to follow. I fully trusted him. To this day I am following the plan he placed before me. My heart was broken when he left!!
in Bradenton, FL |
My wife and I googled local doctors when we moved to Bradenton and randomly chose Dr. Guzman. We are very happy with him. He is kind and listens. He is professional and yet still better than most family doctors we have seen. We would highly recommend him.
Takes his time, listens to your concerns/ A++ Dr
in Bradenton, FL |
I went with my husband Miguel to Dr. Guzman's office for our first appointment since we moved to Bradenton in December. I found him and his staff very professional and friendly. We plan to continue getting our health check ups there. He took time to answer my questions and he seems to be a caring person.
in Bradenton fl |
Dr.very easy to talk with and the staff was great
Have you seen Dr. Andrew Guzman, MD?
Are you Dr. Guzman?