Dr. Andrew Gin, MD

Neurology ·  Male · Age 68

Dr. Gin

Andrew Gin

1211 N Shartel Ave Ste 600 Oklahoma City, OK 73103

Dr. Andrew Gin, MD is a neurology specialist in Oklahoma City, OK and has been practicing for 39 years. He graduated from University Of Oklahoma / Health Sciences Center in 1976 and specializes in neurology.

Dr. Gin's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Gin

3.1

Dr. Gin?
Dr. Gin's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Andrew Gin, MD
Dr. Gin is a highly competent caring professional. He is thorough and takes whatever time is necessary to discuss and explain medical conditions and treatments. He listens to his patients and encourages their input and involvement in their health management. I am highly satisfied to be his patient.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Gin, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Ginn for about 2-3 years. He is very professional and has always put my health first. He and his wonderful staff have always went above and beyond to help me in any way they can. He is a very good Neurologist and will do whatever it takes to help you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Gin, MD?
Dr. Gin restored my faith in doctors. My son suffered major seizures and was sent home by an opposing hospital. Dr. Gin spent quality time with my son and myself and explained it all in understandable terms. He has a true Holistic concern for the patient and their family which is a rare quality in these times. His staff is so understanding and worked my son in earlier knowing how upset I was over my son. They showed compassion; His nurse is understanding and listened . I would recommend this Dr
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Gin, MD?
Dr. Gin and his staff were very professional, concerned and very informative! The wait time from arrival to being seen was very fast.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Gin, MD?
I have been going to Dr Gin for over 12 years, he is the best when it comes to treating migraine! I've been getting Botox for the past two years, he is gentle and caring during the injection procedure! Best in the business!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Gin, MD?
Guy’s a jerk. Didn’t even shake my hand when entering or leaving my room. He’s arrogant and likes to talk down to patients. Since he’s a physician, he knows it all! AVOID!!!! You can definitely find a More compassionate neurologist in the OKC area.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Gin, MD?
Went to see Dr. Gin I would not recommend this Dr. to anyone I believe he only may be there for migraine problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Gin, MD?
had one appointment with Dr. Gin. He called my migraines rebound headaches and blamed too much pain meds. I explained that I have had migraines since I was 3 and that They intensified 2 yrs ago. I started having them back to back 2 months before I even had any pain meds prescribed. My last prescription was from a year or two prior. He was suppose tonorder an MRI and schedule a follow up. I never heard from hisboffice again. I went to my Disability hearing yesterday and the judge informed me tha
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Gin, MD?
Dr Gin seems like a nice enough guy who can treat your basic neurology complaints but would not recommend him for anything more than that. He chose not to recognize my diagnosis (which was made by a highly specialized team of doctors) and instead said I had an unknown condition. Other than not being able to accomplish anything at the appointment and it being an absolute waste of both our time, he seems friendly, his staff is friendly. I had to wait 30 min past my scheduled appt.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Gin, MD?
Was sent to him for neural workup due to Meniere's disease. Never felt like Dr Gin had a decent bedside manner and never felt he was really listening to my issue. I live 2 hours away. Checked my eyes, balance, etc. Said all was fine. Eeg was fine. Did a 1 month chart where I'd have vertigo attacks every 5 days, recorded all the details of that. But he said that was perfectly fine too and couldn't help but come back in 30 days to ask me if a new ENT was treating my ears. What a joke!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Gin, MD?
This was first time getting EMG done by Dr. Gin. I had previous ones by others that were extremely painful and long and drawn out. This was not the case with Dr. Gin. He made it the least painful as possible and was able to do it much faster. You can tell he has lots of experience with EMG's and is able to minimize the discomfort the patient has to feel. His staff is very knowledgeable, helpful and kind! Rare these days to find a good Dr. And good staff in one package!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Gin, MD?
I would absolutely NOT recommend Dr. Gin to ANYONE. First, as a new patient, I came in with a migraine and they kept me waiting in the lobby for approximately an hour (with bright lights and noise). Then, when I finally did see him all he did was tell me my case was too complicated and he wouldn't "touch" my case. I was like, "Then why did u have me come in?!" They could've easily told me over the phone that they wouldn't b about to help me and refer me to someone else.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Gin, MD?
A family member of mine has pretty bad seizures. When she first went to him he not only wasted her time with tests she had done previously, but gave her the medicine that she first had that stopped working. Sure enough, her medicine stopped working and not only is she falling because of her seizures but he has the nerve to tell us he has no idea what medicine to change her to and that she shouldn't even be on pain meds for her stomach issues. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR IF YOU VALUE YOUR HEALTH!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Gin, MD?
Was referred to Dr . Gin for some pain in my head that my doctor cannot figure out , and all he did was check my reflexes and look in my eyes and said I was fine . I was literally there in his room for 5 minutes , then he sent me a $200 bill !! 8 months later my doc is still trying to figure it out and now going to see a new Neurologist. Seriously only checked my reflexes ?! I'm not even sure if he's a real doctor !!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Gin, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gin?

• Neurology

Northwestern Center Feinberg School Of Medicine
1980
1976

Dr. Gin accepts

Dr. Gin accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma
Blue Choice
Commercial Insurance Company
CoreSource
Coventry Health Care
Coventry Health Care of Oklahoma
Coventry Health Care of Oklahoma HMO
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Tricare
TriCare for Life
Universal American

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Oklahoma

Check Dr. Gin's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Gin treats this condition more than 85% of his peers

Vertigo

Dr. Gin treats Vertigo more than 81% of his peers

Dr. Gin treats this condition more than 81% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Benign Paroxyzmal Vertigo of Childhood