Psychiatry  |
Dr. Andrew Gergely, MD
Dr. Andrew Gergely, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Dunkirk, MD. He is 58 years old and has been practicing for 32 years.

3175 W Ward Rd Ste 200

Dunkirk, MD 20754

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Gergely

Dr. Gergely's Experience

Dr. Gergely's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder

• Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• Tufts University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1985
  • Tufts New Eng Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1986
  • Tufts New Eng Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989

Dr. Gergely has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gergely does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gergely and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gergely's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gergely to family and friends
2.4
Dr. Gergely's Performance
    FAIR
Chesapeake Beach |
So, you make an appointment and for some reason can't make it AND you can't give them a 24 Hour notice because it's a Friday afternoon and your appointment is Monday morning. They give you a $60 no show charge. Oh, and after 6 weeks they send it to collections for payment. So, when I have to wait in their waiting room for an hour, do I get to charge them or take $60 off my bill, OF COURSE NOT?!?! Worse policies ever....if it wasn't for the nice ladies in billing.....the ship would sink!!
Annapolis, MD |
I don't know if I can add much about Dr. Gergely's acumen as a physician, but his practice seems horribly disorganized and poorly run. My experience matches many of the reviews previously posted at many review sites. I have never had them answer the phone, even when I called to tell them the medicine prescribed was making me suicidal. Had to leave a message, and they never called back. Twice I requested reschedule for my follow-up. Never heard anything. Not going back.
Prince Frederick, MD |
Doesn't take his patients seriously, would rather have you out of his office as quickly as possible rather than listening and effectively helping his patients.
in Salisbury, MD |
I would give him zero stars if I could. He does not take his patients seriously. He looked at me as if I had to be a certain age to suffer from servere anxiety, panic attacks and depression. Told me Valium is too much to be taking. He didn't seem to care. he doesn't take mental health seriously. Seeing someone else
Annapolis, MD |
This is the worst managed office I have ever used. You would think a doctors office that specializes in mental health, would make it a priority to keep their patients happy. EVERY single time I have tried to refill my prescription, I've had issues. I have gone days without medication and they really don't seem to care. I can't wait to get away from them and never go back!!
in Chesapeake Beach, MD |
Dr. Gergely is a quiet,listening type of doctor. I needed someone to listen & point me in the right direction and he has helped me immensely.I feel he has a wealth of information but he doesn't show it off. He quietly helps with the right therapist ,when needed and also helps by prescribing meds if necessary.He actually calls you back if needed. His staff is caring , pleasant & helpful.
in Lusby, MD |
I only have good things to say about this office, I've been a patient of this doctor for years. And it's always been super easy to reschedule an apt or making one, and I havent really ever waited long in the waiting room to be seen to. I would definitely recommend Dr. Gergely to friends and family.
in Lusby, MD |
This doctor and his office have terrible bedside manner. I realize all doctors offices have cancellation policies. But I called at the 23 hour mark, with a true emergency and they still charged me a late fee over that ONE single hour. I had NEVER cancelled an appointment, never been late, although they were ALWAYS late and had rescheduled me multiple times. I felt it was very unreasonable. Also very difficult with billing. No explanations just hit you with a bill and won't let you schedule more
The staff at his office are awful! I have called many times trying to schedule an apt., and the unprofessional secretary will not let me schedule an apt. until I pay a missed apt. fee. I have been going to Dr Gergely for over 5 years and have never had a problem until now. This office is going down hill fast.
in Dunkirk, MD |
I have been Dr. Gergely's patient for over 5 years.
Mechanicsville, VA |
Told us he had little experience with my daughter's disorder then proceeded to disagree with the rest of the treatment team. Made unprofessional comments to my daughter. The other members of my daughter's treatment team were stunned by how badly he handled the situation. Totally incompetent to the point of being dangerous.
Have you seen Dr. Andrew Gergely, MD?
Are you Dr. Gergely?