Dr. Andrew F Ringel, MD

Gastroenterology ·  Male · Age 55

Dr. Ringel

Emerald Coast Gastroenterology

417 Racetrack Rd NW Ste 2 Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547

Dr. Andrew F Ringel, MD is a gastroenterology specialist in Fort Walton Beach, FL and has been practicing for 24 years. He graduated from University Of Miami / School Of Medicine in 1990 and specializes in gastroenterology and internal medicine.

Dr. Ringel accepts

Dr. Ringel accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
Blue Care HMO
Blue Select
BlueDental Choice

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Ringel's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Ringel's Top Procedures and Conditions

Abdominal Pain

Dr. Ringel treats Abdominal Pain more than 100% of his peers

Gastritis

Dr. Ringel treats Gastritis more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Ringel treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)

Dr. Ringel treats Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Ringel's conditions and procedures:

• Duodenal Ulcer
  • Duodenitis
  • Dysentery
  • Dysphagia
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Enteritis
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Esophageal Achalasia and Cardiospasm
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

2.3

Dr. Ringel?
Dr. Ringel's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Andrew F Ringel, MD
Terrible!!! Our Health Care System Is broken I get better service in a third world country. To make an appointment to see this guy for a routine Colonoscopy I had to wait a month he required me to get a referral from my Primary MD who wanted me to come in for the referral so he can make his $$ Finally I get in to see Dr Ringle my appointment was for 3 pm 7 Patents in the waiting room he shows up at 4:15 pm at 4:45 pm he sees me and ask me what I was there for I said I was due for my 5yr colonoscopy he says ok go see the receptionist she will set it up, BOOM charges me my $50 deductible and bills my insurance company $218.00 Needless to say, I will not let this guy touch me I'm going to have my colonoscopy out of network and far from this guy!!! Or this Town.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew F Ringel, MD?
First appt was under one minute...was hurried, didn't ask about my history, told me I needed and endoscopy and sent me to his scheduler. Post endoscopy, he was hurried, acted impatient when I asked some questions. He diagnosed me with Barrett's which had progressed from esophagitis 5 years earlier. Failed to comment or document my hiatal hernia discovered 5 years ago. Told me to continue the same meds and regiment (which allowed me to slide to Barrett's) and come back in 3 years. Unacceptable. I'm now with another doc for second opinion, have to redo the endoscopy, and am a probable candidate for Nissen Fundoplication.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew F Ringel, MD?
Receptionist does not need to be in the customer service industry. Extremely rude. The waiting room in the FWB location is sad. Carpet and furniture extremely old! Chairs all have stains and most of the seat cushions are broken. My initial visit with him lasted all of about three minutes! No vital signs were taken, no history of my gastro problems asked. I felt as if i was part of a patient assembly line.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew F Ringel, MD?
He very impersonal, rushed you thru as if I've done this before. And even if I had, I expect the doctor to listen to my concerns. That is not the case with him. Even the staff at the surgery center wasn't a fan of his.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew F Ringel, MD?
Not even 5 min. In office with me, 1st visit. Had a referral with a very bad disease already documented. Had already had 1 colonoscopy in last 6-7 months and he insisted another, Nevermind other issues, such as fistula, mouth ulcers, hiatal hernia, gastritis, etc. He told my spouse after procedure nothing was found and that all was fine although I cannot eat and have lost over 45 pounds. Now my Insurance deductibles start again and I will not put my trust in someone spending 5 min with me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew F Ringel, MD?
Terrible bedside manners and extemely cold. I have worked in medical profession for 20 years and doctors should not treat pts in this manner. He might be good performing his colonoscopies while you are asleep but absolutely awful as a patient in his office. Total time in office with this provider was about 2 minutes.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew F Ringel, MD?
20 years for my whole family and he is perfect for the job he does.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew F Ringel, MD?
Great GI doctor! He finally figured out what was wrong with me after him being my third opinion. In and out of the hospital he always seemed to be caring and wondering how I was doing. He is a great doctor and very understanding. Defiantly wants the best for you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew F Ringel, MD?
Refused to see my daughter because she didn’t bring records with her for a first time evaluation and then sent me a bill for an office visit. Rude and no bedside manner from what I’ve heard from multiple people. Would not see him if my life depended on it!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew F Ringel, MD?
After reading other's experiences, I now realize that mine was par for the course with Dr. Ringel: impersonal, seemingly rushed and condescending and non-communicative regardless of questions I asked. On top of that, after going through the pre-colonoscopy prep for 24 hours, I arrived at my appointment time of 11:00 and I was nowhere on their radar. I guess I should consider myself lucky that they put me in line and finally had the procedure done after 3 hours of waiting. NOT GOING BACK!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew F Ringel, MD?
Very little bedside manner and cold
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew F Ringel, MD?
EXCELLENT ALL-AROUND Physician, as well as Specialist in his area. Nothing but TOP Accolades for his Genuine Care, follow-ups, Very Personalized, as well as for the Entire Family, including Pediatrics. This Clinic Does have a Problem with Opioid Addicts coming-in under the False Guise of a Medical condition, Seeking Opioids & Must carefully screen them out, as required by Ethics & Law. When they DON'T obtain their DRUGS, under false pretenses, they get Hostile & enter False Bad reviews.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew F Ringel, MD?
One of the worst doctors I've seen since moving here. I wouldn't take my pet to this guy. I was worried about a condition I had and just wanted confirmation of what I had and how to treat it. He comes in barely says anything and acts like I'm wasting his time. I was hoping for an ACTUAL exam but I guess my issue was below his price point of caring. Was told by receptionist to just see PA next time and not the doctor. So if the receptionist says to avoid him that's also a bad sign.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew F Ringel, MD?
I highly recommend him. He was referred to me by a great primary care physician. When I arrived at the office, they were right on time with my appointment, and the office staff was very welcoming and helpful in every way. Anytime I needed results or had a question, they were very quickly to get back to me and all my questions were answered. They were very through with ordering all of the diagnostic testing,(very comprehensive) and my treatment was great! Competent and knowledgeable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew F Ringel, MD?
Dr. Ringel did my colonoscopy. I had a consultation in his office where I saw the PA. She was knowledgeable and helpful. Never saw the doctor. On the day of the colonoscopy, I wasn't even sure who my doctor was. He never introduced himself. After the procedure, he said he had removed a polyp and I didn't need to come back for three years. I had a call later from his office with the pathology results. He obviously doesn't want any contact with his patients. I will not be going back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew F Ringel, MD?
I wouldn't recommend this guy to my worst enemy. Worst Doctor I've ever dealt with. Rushed me out, didn't even pull up my chart or screenings, gave me a prescription for 20 pills that needs to be taken three times a day. Texting while in the room with me right in front of me. Totally rushed out and will never go back and I hope people don't have to go through what I did. Oh and he didn't even know he just did a procedure on me last month.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew F Ringel, MD?
Never helped me with my abdominal pain. Never did stool tests and found out I had a nasty bacteria in my gut. Even though I was extremely weak, had chills, diarrhea and constant abdominal pain, he blew me off and gave me NOTHING. Wouldn't even sit down and answer my questions. Worst doctor ever I've seen.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew F Ringel, MD?
PA did consultation for colonoscopy. For procedure Dr Ringel never introduced himself. The surgery center felt like an assembly line and I would have appreciated an introduction instead of a wave, leaving me wondering if he was the doctor. Did not explain what he found and why he was not able to retain a polyp, got this info from nurse. Asked nurse to find out what info meant on papers I received and Dr Ringel came back with very brief explanation and walked off, very impersonal.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew F Ringel, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ringel?