Dr. Andrew Dold, MD

Dr. Dold
Telehealth services available

Star Orthopedics and Sports Medicine

5550 Warren Pkwy Ste 120 Frisco, TX 75034

Dr. Andrew Dold, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Frisco, TX. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Baylor Medical Center at Frisco and Baylor Scott & White - Plano. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Dold to book an appointment.

Compare Dr. Andrew Dold, MD with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists near you

Dr. Dold's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Dold

Dr. Dold?
Make sure that if you get recommended to this office from Baylor Hospital that you ensure they can take NEW patients first. Hopefully they don’t tell you that you messed up your arm so bad and need surgery really soon only for them to not be able to do it (and then proceed to recommend you to a very poorly rated specialist). And then ALSO make sure they don’t order you completely wrong CT scans only for you to show up at a new specialists office and have them say you need to get new scans. (“Oh your elbow is super messed up - here’s the order for your wrist scan only.”) Thanks for the help Dr. Dold and team! At least you gave my mom more meds so she can dull out her pain!
Amanda S – Jun 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Dold, MD?
After a fall, I went to the first doctor that was available. X-rays and an MRI were ordered and it revealed that I had torn my ACL. After a recommendation, I made an appointment with Dr. Dold and one more surgeon. Dr. Dold ordered a more detailed MRI which revealed additional damage to the knee in the form of a meniscus root repair. Dr. Dold was the only doctor out of the three that I saw that recommended the additional diagnostic test. The other doctors recommended physical therapy, which would not have corrected my knee pain, and had I followed their recommendation I would be looking at knee replacement surgery in my very near future. I elected to have meniscus root repair and ACL reconstruction surgery with Dr. Dold and I could not be happier with the results. He answered all of my questions before the surgery and his office team is very helpful with all the paperwork required by my employer. I highly recommend Dr. Dold to anyone needing or considering surgery.
Chris Francois RN – Apr 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Dold, MD?
Seven months in to a total knee replacement that was not doing well, I visited Dr. Dold to get a 2nd opinion on my options moving forward. After discussion, a couple of further tests, and a lot of prayer, we decided that the best move forward would be a "revision" (a replacement of the replacement). Dr. Dold did this revision seven weeks ago. The function in my knee was better than before after only three weeks. I could not recommend Dr. Dold highly enough. Thanks again, doc.
Steve – Apr 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Dold, MD?
I contacted Dr. Andrew Dold's office this past May. I'd been having pain in my left buttock running down to my knee for the previous year. Sitting for any length of time was uncomfortable, driving was absolute torture. By this point I'd seen other physicians, had an MRI of my back, a steroid shot in both my buttock and knee to zero relief. Initially Dr. Dold and myself concentrated on my hip pain. He gave me an x-ray guided steroid shot deep into me hip. Unfortunately like the others, I felt little if any relief. Being the case, we redirected our attention to my knee. A new MRI indicated a fairly progressed arthritis condition. After a short discussion of the possible approaches, I decided to have my knee replaced as it would need to be done anyway. On August 13th I had my surgery and everything went great. Ironically, the pain in my buttock also went away. I've had a fast recovery and am mostly back to normal. Thanks to Dr. Dold and his wonderful staff, a great group.
R.E.Quirk – Oct 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Dold, MD?
I want to tell the world what an Amazing job Dr. Dold preformed on my hip. I'm a 40yr old mother of six who thought all the back pain was from so many deliveries and just aches and pains from getting older. I'd been to a number of Dr's and lots of tests with zero results as to why I was having horrible Sharp, throbbing, and burning symptoms down my right leg. My first day to see Dr. Dold I could hardly lift my right leg and the range of motion tests he performed had me crying. One x-ray and he knew Exactly what was wrong and how to fix it. I had a bone spur that caused a huge labral tear and during surgery he found a cyst and removed it. I'm now 3 months out and I feel Absolutely Great! Thank you so much !! I also want to thank your team and nurses for being so nice and helpful.
Amanda Lunsford – Sep 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Dold, MD?
Dr Andrew Dold is the BEST Doctor I have ever had. I was treated for Achilles Tendonitis which was aking me unable to walk for close to a year. He spoke with me about the Platlet Rich Plasma(PRP) .After doing some research, I decided to do it. Ive thrown away y can, my walker & have been pain free,He is my miracle Doctor. If I coudl give him a 10 star rating I would His staff is a great and one even stayed after hours to help me locate a rollator. God bless Dr Dold and staff I will recommend him for any Orthopedic need
Teresa B in Frisco , TX – Sep 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Dold, MD?
I'm a 45 yr old former Navy SEAL with an incredibly active lifestyle that has taken a toll on my shoulders (swim, golf, lift, climb, surf, etc). By the time I got to Dr. Dold my left shoulder had been causing me considerable pain and it was impacting everything I did. He ordered an MRI that showed the root of the pain. My shoulder was a mess. He performed a tenodesis procedure that truly changed my life. That was on December 27, 2018. I was back to light activity within 3 months and I was 100% by 5 months. I've referred seven people to him, and I tell people that "he is a magician". I wish I would have done this two years earlier when the pain first started. Not only are the results fantastic, but the entire process was smooth and easy and I thought it was very reasonably priced. My golf game is now improving and the strength and stability that I had years ago has returned. Dr. Andrew Dold has my strongest possible recommendation.
May 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Dold, MD?
I have lived in Frisco, TX for 20 years. I have had four injuries to my knees. I saw two different orthopedic surgeons over the years. I had a ski accident a week ago. My last OS treated my son poorly so he was out. Dr. Dold is amazing. His office staff top notch. He listened and answered all my questions. He diagnosed my MCL tear and ACL rupture and took the time to explain his approach to healing. Showed me my MRI. I would recommend him to any and all. He is a great doctor that cares.
Parker – Feb 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Dold, MD?
TWO SURGERIES!!! ONE GREAT DOCTOR! Dr. Dold is an amazing surgeon with a great bedside manner, he truly cares about his patients & is very thorough. I needed both knee (detached ACL) and shoulder (5 issues) surgery from a fall. He doesn't rush you when you have your surgical consult, he will answer all your questions & make sure you understand everything that's going to happen before he leaves you. That sets him apart from a lot of other doctors, not many will do that anymore. THANK YOU Dr. D
Bobby Arriola in Dallas, TX – Jan 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Dold, MD?
I am a Golf Professional and unfortunately badly broke my arm while playing football, putting a major pause on my golf career. A friend directed me to Dr. Dold. He performed surgery on my arm, putting a five inch plate and eight screws mending my arm back. I thought my golf game would never steer back to its full potential! Amazingly enough, Dr. Dold guided me through the process of recovery and healing. I made a full recovery and I am now pain free and playing some of the best golf of my career
Dec 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Dold, MD?
Dr. Dold treated my very painful arthritic knee with three injections of platelet rich plasm over a period of approximately six weeks with very satisfying results. After the first treatment, I was able to forego pain medication and walk without pain. That took place approximately three months ago, and I'm still pain free and able to fast-walk a mile for exercise in the evening. He is a cordial, professional man who cares about his patients' comfort.
McKinney, TX – Oct 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Dold, MD?
Dr. Dold is great. I am a Crossfit athlete who required shoulder surgery about 18 months ago (my fault) . I was referred to Dr. Dold and I could not be happier. Dr. Dold is professional, super knowledgable about current procedures, success rates, etc. and was very open about my options. My surgery went great and I consider my shoulder 100% (note: I am 46 years old). In addition to the above, I chose Dr. Dold as he is an athlete himself and understood my challenges, goals, and mindset.
Chad in Frisco, TX – Sep 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Dold, MD?
I'm a physical therapist in Plano, who treats a lot of post surgical patients from different surgeons in DFW. When I tore my ACL and lateral meniscus there was no doubt who I was going to for my surgery. Dr. Dold is a cut above the rest with his dedication and approach to his patients. His surgical ability is better than any I've seen and the proof is in the pudding, my knee is better than I could have imagined. Thanks again Doc. Keep doing what you're doing.
Jason D in Dallas, TX – Aug 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Dold, MD?
Dr.Dold is probably the best medical physician I’ve been, he pushes you to grow and overcome an injury, he has a goal to help you get back to top condition for the sport you play, with his help and how he executed the surgery. Dr. Dold reconstructed my knee - ACL and meniscus and helped me recover to my knowledge faster then he’s ever seen. I extremely recommend Dr. Dold to help YOU with any sport related injuries because I know he will take care and support you in the long run.
Jonathan Allen in Frisco, TX – Aug 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Dold, MD?
My son had ACL/MCL/Meniscus surgery with Dr. Dold. From the first consultation, to the surgery, to the follow up appointments, to the clearance appointment months later, all of our interactions with Dr. Dold exceeded our expectations. Through his knowledge, expertise, caring nature, availability by cellphone for post surgery/recovery questions; we know we picked the right doctor for our son and would confidently recommend him to others. A 5 Star experience!
Heather Howe in Frisco, TX – Jun 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Dold, MD?
I had a hip impingement. Dr. Dold removed the bone spurs and sewed my frayed labrum. He did an awesome job. I healed very quickly despite being 48 years old and can do everything I could do before the bone spurs became a problem. I will see him for my knees in the future.
David Brown in Frisco, TX – Apr 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Dold, MD?
Very pleased with a first visit, Dr Dold was very friendly and professional,got right to the problem and the solution with a good explanation of my injury.
M.B – Apr 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Dold, MD?
Very informative and a pleasant experience. All questions were answered, and options explained.
Jerome Hall – Mar 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Dold, MD?
I ripped the tendons from my pelvis & detached all 3 of my hamstrings in Oct 17. Later told by other MD's my injury is rare/hard to diagnosis I am blessed I found him. First visit without a MRI he knew what was wrong b/c he LISTENS so well! Surgery was a total success and 2.5 months later I'm doing more physical exercise than before the injury. He is a highly skilled surgeon, compassionate, kind, & hears every detail you tell him which allows him to fix the root cause that other MD's can't find
Danette Greensage in Frisco, Tx – Jan 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Dold, MD?
I ripped the tendons from my pelvis & detached all 3 of my hamstrings in Oct. Later told by other MD's my injury is rare/hard to diagnosis I am blessed I found him. First visit without a MRI he knew what was wrong b/c he LISTENS so well!. Surgery was a total success and 2.5 months later I'm doing more physical exercise than before the injury. He is a highly skilled surgeon, compassionate, kind, & hears every detail you tell him which allows him to fix the root cause that other MD's can't find
Tricia G. in Frisco – Jan 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Dold, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Dold?

"I am passionate, dedicated, and committed to providing my patients with the absolute best possible care. As a patient, you will be treated with respect and dignity. I promise to do whatever I can to help you get better and back to what you want to be doing, pain-free!"

• Hip & Knee Orthopedics
  • Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery
  • Orthopedic Trauma Surgery
  • Sports Medicine

University of Toronto Division of Orthopaedic Surgery

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Dold communicate via email?

1 user said yes. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Dold offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

1 user said yes. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Dold offer an online patient portal?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Dold have free onsite parking?

1 user said yes. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Dold offer weekend visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Dold offer evening visits?

Please call the office to learn more. (469) 850-0680