Dr. Andrew Cu-Unjieng, MD

Ophthalmology ·  Male · Age 57

Dr. Cu-Unjieng

Andrew Cu-Unjieng, M.D.

4060 4th Ave Ste 405 San Diego, CA 92103

Dr. Andrew Cu-Unjieng, MD is an ophthalmology specialist in San Diego, CA and has been practicing for 21 years. He graduated from University Of The East / Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center and specializes in ophthalmology, anterior segment ophthalmology, and more.

Dr. Cu-Unjieng's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Cu-Unjieng

Dr. Cu-Unjieng?
Dr. Cu-Unjieng's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Andrew Cu-Unjieng, MD
Dr. Cu is very through about his exam. He has been my eye dr. for many years. I had cataract removal in both eyes, one year apart. My vision is perfect. I am very happy with Dr. Cu and his staff. I recommend him to friends and family
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Cu-Unjieng, MD?
Pleasant experience. consistently on time, very little waiting. Staff efficient and especially friendly. Some remember my name after a couple of visits. I found parking at the facility convenient and my vehicle was safe, however the price was unpleasant.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Cu-Unjieng, MD?
Dr. Cu is an EXCELLANT doctor. He is no non-sense and his team knows to follow his lead! I highly recommend him! Thank! You! Dr. Cu.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Cu-Unjieng, MD?
I recently had cataract surgery on my left eye. No pain or discomfort afterwards. Great experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Cu-Unjieng, MD?
Dr Cu, his technicians and staff were all friendly and extremely professional for my cataract surgery. The procedure and recovery was just as explained. My vision after the surgery went from 20/400 to 20/20 with no problems. I highly recommend him if you require an Ophthalmologist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Cu-Unjieng, MD?
Dr. Cu's office is very professional. I am always seen promptly. He is explains things thoroughly and makes sure you understand what is going on. He did a cataract surgery for me and the results were astonishing. Even he was surprised that I could read and did not need glasses. Very clean, well organized environment with competent, highly trained and gentle staff members. I have no reservations in recommending Dr. Cu and giving him the highest rating.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Cu-Unjieng, MD?
Dr. Cu is an excellent doctor who treats his patients with utmost respect and compassion. I feel he listens and cares but at the same time keeps his office running efficiently. This goes for the entire staff from reception to dr. He cares for both my elderly mother and I and has performed successful surgery on my mom. It's always a pleasure to go see Dr. Cu.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Cu-Unjieng, MD?
I have been under Dr Cu’s care and recently had cataract surgery and lens replacement. I am very satisfied with my vision restored. I highly recommend Dr. Cu for your eye care..
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Cu-Unjieng, MD?
Dr. Cu-Unieng and his staff are amazing! The greatest thing about Dr. Cu-Unieng is that he cares about you! You feel as if anything happens to your eyes he is there for you. From the moment you step into his office you are taken care of. Friendly and efficient staff! The Doctor knows what he is doing! Can't wait for my next appointment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Cu-Unjieng, MD?
this was my 2nd Annual exam visit. Timely and professional staff. Dr Cu and his assistant were excellent, explaining what and why they were doing various procedures. I highly recommend Dr Cu.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Cu-Unjieng, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Cu-Unjieng by my optometrist for cataracts. I'm so glad I was! Dr. Cu is extremely knowledgeable, competent and calm. He explained the entire procedure, and answered my questions. He is straightforward about the procedure, and instills a huge sense of confidence. My procedure was quick and painless, and the followup visits were handled in an efficient manner. I give Dr. Cu my highest recommendation if you're considering cataract surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Cu-Unjieng, MD?
Dr. Cu is a very patient caring Doctor. He never makes you feel he is rushed, always taking the time to throughly discuss and answer questions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Cu-Unjieng, MD?
Love doctor Cu. Attention to detail. Meticulous and caring. Explains everything to you. His staff is great. Very friendly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Cu-Unjieng, MD?
I’d give Dr CU a zero if possible. To keep this brief I’ll use bullet points to list his ineptitude. 1) charged me an additional $50 to get a copy of my prescription. In 45 years of wearing glasses, this has never been a requirement at any doctor previously 2) The said RX they wrote me is dramatically WRONG. I can’t see 2 feet in front of me- these are lenses for distance! 3) Staff assured me it wasn’t their fault & the RX was correct. I know this not to be true as RX sunglasses are fine.
First of all, I want to extend my sincerest...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Cu-Unjieng, MD?
Dr. Cu is extremely knowledgeable and explains things very thoroughly. He takes the time to sincerely listen to me and comforts my concerns. While he remains professional, he also makes you feel comfortable and cared for. I am grateful to have him as my eye doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Cu-Unjieng, MD?
There should be higher then 5 stars . I'd give this Dr and staff 10 plus. Been wearing bi/tri lenses for last 40 yrs of 80 years. Now just readers for close up reading. thank you
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Cu-Unjieng, MD?
Dr Cu-Unjieng provided cararact surgery for both my right and left eyes. His meticulous approach to my care created my complete confidence in his ability to correct my vision successfully. As I have been wearing glasses for near-sighted vision since the age of 9, I am enjoying a whole new visual world. Dr Cu takes great care to support a knowledgeable staff, as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Cu-Unjieng, MD?
Dr. Cu, as he is known, aims to improve the quality of life for his patients. I experienced that when he removed cataracts that had severely dimmed my vision and color perception. In the clinic, he is caring and careful. He has had helping him a clinical assistant, Elizabeth, who far exceeds that which would normally be expected. Together, they have provided a professional and comforting service to patients who need the care of an ophthalmologist. He is multilingual, another positive asset.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Cu-Unjieng, MD?
It has been brought to my attention that despite a glowing recommendation for Dr Cu and his staff, who went above and beyond the call of duty to treat my eye, his overall rating was marked as two stars when it should have been five stars or more. This may be my error or an error in the software but I want to make sure that it is rectified immediately.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Cu-Unjieng, MD?
I am an 88 yrs, diabetic, and nervous about cataract surgery. Dr Cu was reassuring and thorough and the surgery was very successful and I'm ready to do my other eye! He put me completely at ease and the care before and after of his staff was excellent. I appreciate all their attentiveness to my concerns and well being. Thanks you to Dr Cu and his amazing staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Cu-Unjieng, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Cu-Unjieng?

As an ophthalmologist, I believe in delivering excellent and compassionate care to all my patients. I make my patients feel that they are truly listened to and understood. A safe environment of respectful and open communication is crucial to a health...

• Ophthalmology

1984

• French
  • Tagalog

Dr. Cu-Unjieng accepts

Dr. Cu-Unjieng accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross
Blue & Gold HMO
Employer Group HMO
Health Net PPO
Kaiser PHCS Network PPO

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Cu-Unjieng's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Cornea Transplant
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration
  • Tear Duct Disorders
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Visual Field Defects
  • Vitreous Hemorrhage

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Cu-Unjieng treats patients.