Dr. Andrew Brown, MD

Dr. Andrew Brown, MD

Oncology  |
Dr. Andrew Brown, MD is an oncology specialist in Livingston, NJ and has been practicing for 9 years. He graduated from Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University, Thomas Jefferson University in 2003 and specializes in oncology and hematology.Read his story

94 Old Short Hills Rd Fl 2

Livingston, NJ 07039

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Amerihealth
  • Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan
  • EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Brown

See how frequently Dr. Brown performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Breast Diseases
Breast Cancer
Cancer

Dr. Brown's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Brown's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Brown "I am a board certified medical oncologist and I have been in practice for over 10 years. I have been part of the Saint Barnabas Cancer Center since 2011. Before that I worked as an attending Oncologist in Park Slope, Brooklyn. My medical school training was at Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia. I then trained for 3 years at Columbia Presbyterian in New York City for my Internal Medicine residency. I then completed my Medical Oncology and Hematology fellowship at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. I treat all types of cancer including Lung, Head and Neck, Breast, Colon, and Prostate as well as less common cancers and hematologic disorders including Leukemia and Lymphoma. I have a special interest in Lung Cancer and Breast Cancer and I am the co-director of the Saint Barnabas Lung Cancer Screening Program. I also see many patients with non-malignant blood disorders. I am very active in our clinical research program that is growing rapidly. We participate in many different clinical trials and very proud that we are able to offer trials with many of the newest molecular targeted agents. I am an active member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology as well as the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer."

This content was provided by Dr. Brown "A major part of my job involves guiding patients through the initial diagnostic workup and staging and treatment of a newly diagnosed cancer. I pride myself in being able to educate and provide emotional support to patients and their families during this extremely difficult time. I believe this is one of the most important parts of my job."

• Oncology
  • Hematology

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*
  • Medical Oncology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Dickinson College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1991
  • Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University, Thomas Jefferson University
    Medical School | Graduated 2003
  • Columbia University / College Of Physicians and Surgeons
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2004
  • Columbia University / College Of Physicians and Surgeons
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2006
  • Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Brown has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Brown does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Brown and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Brown's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Brown to family and friends
based on 6 total reviews (2 with comments)

Dr. Brown's Performance

Scheduling
Office environment
Staff friendliness
Average wait time

Expert in his field, Dr. Andrew Brown is attentive, caring and kind. He puts a patient at ease with his manner and encouragement, important qualities when receiving chemotherapy. I recently concluded 5 successful years as his patient and recommend him without reservation.
Dr brown has been there from the beginning. On time, spends all the time needed, thorough. I have been with him for 3 years and would diffinately recommend him.

Are you Dr. Brown?