Psychiatry  |
Dr. Andrew Bishop, MD
Dr. Andrew Bishop, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Jackson, MS. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 35 years. Dr. Bishop is affiliated with St. Dominic Hospital.

St Dom Hosp Diagnostic Radlgy

969 Lakeland Dr

Jackson, MS 39216

Learn about Dr. Bishop

Dr. Bishop's Experience

Dr. Bishop's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Psychiatry
  • Board certified in Psychiatry

• Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Confusion
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Gender Dysphoria
  • Nondependent Cocaine Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Dependence
  • Somatoform Disorders
  • Suicidal Ideation
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

• Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Mississippi.

• Univ Of Ms Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1982
  • U Miss Med Ctr
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1983

Dr. Bishop has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bishop does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bishop and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bishop's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bishop to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Bishop's Performance
    GOOD
in Mccomb, MS |
My 16 yr old son started seeing Dr Bishop after my 25 yr old daughter had been a pt of his. We like him a lot. He has helped my son and daughter with their depression. The wait is not long and usually in and out within an hour.
in Jackson, MS |
Dr. Bishop is the best!! He helps a number of people in my family with depression or other illnesses. He is very attentive and genuine. I would recommend him to anyone!
First of all, I had been going to a family mental health nurse practitioner who was great, but she kinda got to a dead end as far as being able to find the right medicine(s) for my bipolar disorder. Someone recommended Dr. Bishop. The first med. worked great, but then I started having a bothersome side effect. I went back and he prescribed a different medicine and so far, so good. I drive an hour and a half to his office and it's well worth the drive. The ladies in the office are nice also!
in Rankin County |
Dr. Bishop is very knowledgeable and so nice. I see him every three months and while he's writing out my refills he listens to whatever is on my mind, interjecting tips and information. Once we landed on the right combo of medications for bipolar disorder, we landed on them I'm very grateful to have him as my doctor. I completely trust him and know that if I ever need him he's a phone call away. I'd recommend him 100 times over to anyone who needs him. He's brilliant and trustworthy.
Jackson, MS |
check out website http://www.andrewbishopmd.com/
in Memphis, TN |
Dr. Bishop is top shelf! He and his staff are there to make sure you have everything that you need. A wonderful group of people that i love to encounter! Dr. Bishop is a sensational doctor and a wonderful man! There is no one else i would see
in Jackson, MS |
very pleased and impressed with Dr. Bishop. Very smart guy and helped me understand my illness that is that same thing my Mom had. Made a list of questions, he answered them all. First time that has ever happened for me. Staff happy and courteous.
I was in for a follow up, was treated like a malicious individual, the apt lasted less than five minutes and I was threatened more than listened to. It was one of the most un professional experiences I have ever had, never thought I might have an anxiety attack while seeing a psychiatrist. He was running patients in and out of his office with such haste, it was sickening would not recommend at all, I was accused without any listening of something that was not previously discussed. Disgusted
Jackson, MS |
I finally have found a physician who listens to my needs and addresses them promptly. He does see emergency patients in his office. His level of care is excellent and his manner of handling specific patient needs are admirable.
Ridgeland, MS |
Dr. Bishop is extremely judgemental and treated me horribly. During the consultation, he didn't even let me talk before he made a diagnosis. Very rude and inconsiderate. You can tell he is a doctor because of the money to be made in the medical field. He lacks the basic caring and compassionate personality needed to be a good doctor.
in Brandon, MS |
Anxiety and stress at work in a bad way , great professional job almost down the drain but he won't provide an excuse to give to work for much needed time off to recover. Guess those 12 years with agency are over. Thanks dr bishop and staff for not listening or even attempting to be compassionate. You want a pill pusher looking for more dollars from your insurance company and less of your time, then this is the place for you
in Jackson, MS |
My experience with Dr. Bishop has been excellent. A good listener and careful observer, he has provided a much better opportunity for me to improve my overall quality of life.
in Canton, MS |
I would never recommend this guy to anyone. 6 months after the death of my son he had the gall to tell me that All grief is narcissistic and that the sooner I just get over it the better off I would be. I think this guy is nothing but a salesman for drug companies, lacks compassion, and is incompetent. I rate him as the worst dr I have ever seen in my 51 years.
in Jackson, MS |
Thanks goodness for the Dr Bishop, going the extra step to help a very stubborn husband that Bipolar disorder is inheritied from my Mom and is a REAL illness, He even gave him reading material to help him understand that I am not making these feelings up. It has helped my marriage and finally my husband really understands!
in Jackson, MS |
I have been a patient of his for many years and he is a great Dr. He has helped my live tremendously and I will be forever thankful.
Have you seen Dr. Andrew Bishop, MD?
Are you Dr. Bishop?