Internal Medicine  |
Dr. Andrew Atkinson, MD
Dr. Andrew Atkinson, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Melbourne, FL. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Dr. Atkinson is affiliated with Wuesthoff Medical Center - Melbourne.

2222 S Harbor City Blvd Ste 420

Melbourne, FL 32901

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Atkinson

Dr. Atkinson's Experience

Dr. Atkinson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• University Of Florida
    Medical School | Graduated 1986
  • Holmes Regl Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989

Dr. Atkinson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Atkinson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Atkinson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Atkinson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Atkinson to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Atkinson's Performance
Melbourne, FL |
First dr I ever had that comes in the room and talks to you just like your a person and not a number! I love this guy he's very knowledgeable !
in Melbourne beach,fl |
I have been a hospital based radiologist for 40 years. I recently moved to Florida and needed an internist. Dr. Atkinson was recommended to me by 2 different people. I was extremely impressed with the man. He answered some complex questions very clearly and correctly. I had spent considerable time on the internet making sure I knew the current thinking and research on my medical issue. Couldn't be happier. Referred me on to an excellent cardiologist which is what anyone should want.
in Melbourne Beach, FL |
Dr Atkinson is fantastic. He is a warm caring individual who is knowledgable and interested in his patients specific needs. My family has been Dr A's patients for several years. We were pleased when his schedule allowed for new patients. We have referred him to friend's who also have a similar opinion of him. Straight forward, no BS physician.
in Melbourne Beach, FL |
I have no idea why people are rating Dr. Atkinson poorly. He is a fun, down to earth guy, the best doctor I've ever been to. He spent a good 20 minutes with us going over our soon to be adopted son's medical issues and didn't rush us in the slightest. My fiance has been going to him for many years on a regular basis without anything negative to say. The office staff today were down two people but the one lady was nailing answering dozens of calls and filling out paperwork for me.
in Palm Bay, FL |
I have been going to Dr Atkinson for a while. I realize he only is there to make a paycheck because he has no real concern for his patients. He will come in to see you for maybe 8 minutes and if try to discuss your health with him, he makes believe he has to suddenly leave you to check on something but he does this all the time and this is his way of escaping spending more time with you. He then sends the nurse in to finish the appointment. His front office is rude and he doesn't car
in Melbourne, FL |
Would highly advise against using this doctor. He doesn't care about his patient's. He takes forever to process anything. Doesn't actually diagnose or treat much of anything. He essentially facilitates sending you to a specialist.
in Palm Bay, FL |
you wait a whole month to see the doctor. then when he sees you and knowing you had cancer in the he does not even ask or take a look at whats wrong with you he sees you for 7 minutes dressed up with no lab coat and wont ask to check out the issue you actually came for. 7 minutes of face then your off to do blood work and he is on to charge another person 215.00 for a 7 minute visit. I requested that i did not want to see the doctor or do blood work for lack of care and interest in my health.
in Satellite Beach, FL |
Dr Atkinson is great - no complaints. However his front office is either understaffed and stressed out, or they are rude and uncaring. I am trying to sort out an issue with my prescription and admittedly it may not be the front office's fault, but instead of trying to help resolve the problem, or listen long enough to hear my recommendation, they cut me off, blamed the pharmacy and me and left it as my problem to solve. Very unprofessional, and not representative of an excellent Doctor.
in Satellite Beach, FL |
Office staff puts you on hold EVERY time. Controlled substance refills require 48-72 hours (business hours). If you request in advance of 30 days so that you have it on time, it may still be delayed since they seem to start processing the 48-72 hours on the day it is due. Front office staff doesn't care. They will remind you of the notice every time you call even if you have complied. Wish this Dr. and nurse would go to another practice with better office staff. I like Dr. Atkinson a lot!
Melbourne |
I love the fact that he's like a normal person that you're just chit chatting with. I usually find doctors to be uptight but this guy is great! He was EARLY, when in a doctors office does that ever happen?? He was also the first doctor I've had that took all of my concerns seriously, a lot of stuff in the past has been ignored. He's pretty fantastic.
in Melbourne, FL |
He's been my primary physician for some 20 years, always friendly, treating with respect, understanding and caring.
Have you seen Dr. Andrew Atkinson, MD?
Are you Dr. Atkinson?