Dr. Andrew Agos, MD

Critical Care Surgery •  Male • Age 54

Dr. Agos

NorthShore University HealthSystem

1000 Central St Ste 800 Evanston, IL 60201

Dr. Andrew Agos, MD is a Critical Care Surgery Specialist in Evanston, IL and has over 27 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Rosalind Franklin University Of Medicine Science/The Chicago Medical School medical school in 1993. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Evanston Hospital and Glenbrook Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Agos to book an appointment.

Compare with other Critical Care Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Agos with our nearby Critical Care Surgery Specialists at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

Make an appointment at Northwestern Memorial Hospital today at (312) 620-1271.

provider hospital

These providers are on the medical staff of Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

Dr. Agos' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Agos

3.8

Dr. Agos?
I was hospitalized a few months back with a really terrible case of cellulitis. I was initially told that I would need a really serious surgery, but thankfully Dr. Agos was my surgeon! He did a much less invasive surgery and was the most kind and sweet man during my 11 day stay. I honestly can’t say enough about him and his partner Dr. Ortega.
Maggie – Mar 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Agos, MD?
My brother has been going to Dr. Agos for years and always told me to go to him. I was happy where I was with my other doctor Collins until a personal issue. I had my first visit with Dr. Agos yesterday and I see why my brother loves him. He's a lovable guy and I can't say enough good things about him.
Kelly Bosinga – Feb 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Agos, MD?
A pleasant and well informed doctor. It was my first time with Dr. Agos and I was happy with his empathy towards me in a tough time. He's a funny guy too which is always wonderful.
Kevin Peric – Feb 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Agos, MD?
Dr Adrew Agos was able to make me feel comfortable, I was very nervous and scared with a phobia of needles. He took the time to talk and explain things to me before the procedure. Compassion and care is the foundation of the Hippocratic oath and he in fact is a prime example of that. My procedure barely left a scar and his willingness to be compassionate and informative left me feeling more at ease with the procedure and has eased my phobia...I felt nothing and was able to continue my life as usually the next day, thank you Dr Agos, I will be sending everyone your way, this is how a doctor is supposed to be!
Pete – Feb 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Agos, MD?
I was having digestion problems and needed a small bowel resection. Afterwards I had to change my life pretty drastically. My primary physician referred me to Dr. Agos and I very happy with how things turned out. Dr. Agos prepared me for the operation, and the recovery. He was generous with his time and answered all of my questions. Pretty good experience all around, except for needing the operation in the first place.
David A. – Jan 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Agos, MD?
It took me a while to write this mainly because Dr. Agos told me some things I needed to hear about my condition that I didn't like. I wanted a certain procedure done and was adamant that I get it. Dr. Agos took a lot of time to explain to me that what I was asking for was low reward and high risk. He said he felt so strongly against what I was asking that he wouldn't do the surgery. He presented the procedure he thought was the best for my condition, considering my health at the time. I was angry about it but after talking to my family I came to realize he was probably right. We went his route and I am doing a lot better than I ever thought I would be doing. The takeaway from my review should be that this doctor knows a lot more than you do and you should take his word for it.
Sam P. – Jan 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Agos, MD?
My case was very complicated because my previous doctor really screwed up my diagnosis. Dr. Agos was really professional and explained what surgery I needed to regain my health. He was totally right and I began my road to health after he operated on me. That was like 7 months ago and I feel great now. If someone had to operate on one of my kids, I would want it to be Dr. Agos.
Colin – Jan 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Agos, MD?
I was rushed to the hospital due to abdominal pain. Dr Agos was my surgeon and he did a great job. I didn’t spend too much time talking to him before the surgery. In the time we did have together he was very thorough and did well to explain as much as he could ahead of surgery. After surgery he checked on me frequently until I was cleared to go home. I feel like I was in good hands.
Emmanuel A. – Jan 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Agos, MD?
I had a small tumor near my pancreas and was scared as hell to have an operation. Dr. Agos was patient with me and explained the procedure. I feel like I was well informed. He did a great job and my operation was a success. I can barely see where he made the cut.
Dean A. – Dec 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Agos, MD?
I went in for a gallbladder surgery and had very good care the whole time at North Shore. Dr. Andy Agos was empathetic and patient even though I had to have surgery immediately. After I woke up Dr. Andy checked on me to make sure I was comfortable and doing well. I was really scared because it was my first surgery and hospital stay. He made me feel safe and comfortable. My family is grateful for he was my surgeon.
Constantine A. – Dec 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Agos, MD?
Dr. Agos has been incredible throughout my medical issue. Without getting into too many details, I am thankful for the care I received from Dr. Agos before, during, and after my surgery. Weeks later I received an unscheduled call from Dr. Agos inquiring about my recovery. He was generous with his time in every meeting, and on phone. The surgery Dr. Agos performed on me went very well. I could not be happier with my experience. Thanks Dr. Agos!
Arthur F. – Dec 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Agos, MD?
In hospital consult, displayed terrible bedside manner without compassion and understanding in discussing operative vs nonoperative risks in an end of life situation. Tone was condescending. The day was emotionally devastating when options could have been discussed with a less defensive and aggressive posture. Definitely did not put patient and family first at a delicate time. Thank goodness for other teams and services that realigned a thoughtful plan.
Nov 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Agos, MD?
Emergency room visit at Evanston Hospital for husband with a hematoma in leg. Agos made a decision to cut the leg surgically without consult with my husband’s other doctors. He is diabetic and a heart patient and was on blood thinner. There was no less invasive treatment given while we were there. 5 hours and the team did nothing. We left and next day saw my husband’s doctors who said that a surgery such as Agos suggested could have caused stroke or heart problems. Very poor recommendation from Dr. Agos.
May 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Agos, MD?
I would not recommend Dr. Andrew Agos or his office staff. Agos, his nurse and myself stood at his nurse’s station and scheduled my surgery for April 7th at 7:30 a.m. to best fit his schedule. After arriving at 5:30 in the morning I was told by North Shore that I was on the surgical schedule but that Dr, Agos was not at the hospital. When they called him said he did not remember scheduling my surgery. I called his office 5 times the day before my surgery. I will be moving my care to Northwestern
Michele Saliano in Evanston, IL – Apr 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Agos, MD?
Very nice, compassionate, explains well the procedures and keeps the family informed . Great doctor
Apr 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Agos, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Agos?

• Critical Care Surgery

1993
Rosalind Franklin University Of Medicine Science/The Chicago Medical School

• Greek

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Agos communicate via email?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Agos offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Agos offer an online patient portal?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Agos have free onsite parking?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Agos offer weekend visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Agos offer evening visits?

Please call the office to learn more. (847) 933-6030