Dr. Andres Splenser, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism | Male

Endocrinology Clinics of Texas 7500 Beechnut St Ste 252 Houston, TX 77074 Get Directions
Dr. Andres Splenser, MD
Dr. Splenser is board certified in internal medicine and endocrinology. He is originally from Argentina and is a native Spanish speaker, but he has been a Texan since 1991. He earned his medical degree at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. He completed his internal medicine residency followed by an endocrinology fellowship both at Baylor College of Medicine. Dr. Splenser was a research fellow at Brigham and Women's Hospital/Harvard Medical School in Boston and performed studies looking at ways to protect blood flow to the eye, brain and kidney in diabetic patients. He also was involved in a project studying the anti-oxidant properties of cocoa (hot chocolate) on diabetic patients. In addition, Dr. Splenser was one of eight fellows chosen nationally to participate in a preceptorship in metabolic bone diseases held at Columbia University Medical Center in New York City in 2012 where he learned from some of the nations leading physicians and scientists on the treatment and evaluation of bone health and osteoporosis. Dr. Splenser has been involved in and written a number of scientific studies (see publication list).

Dr. Splenser's Care Philosophy

My goal is to provide patients with the highest quality of specialized care in endocrinology in a timely manner, and to practice evidence based medicine. My priority is making patients feel better, lead healthier lives, and focus on incorporating treatment plans into each patient's lifestyle and work.

Dr. Splenser's Experience

See how Dr. Splenser's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Splenser

Dr. Splenser accepts 11 insurance carriers

Dr. Splenser is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Splenser has admitting privileges.

Dr. Splenser's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Splenser to family and friends
Dr. Splenser's Performance
Houston, TX |
Dr. Splenser woke me up and made me realize that being over weight by so much, I will be cutting my life very short. We had a long heart to heart visit. 2 years ago. I was extremely obese. He took the time to help me to understand that I was putting my life in danger. Now almost two years later I am almost at the weight I am suppose to be. I am in the process of losing so much weight that now my body doesn't have to carry around two of me!
in Katy, TX |
I became Dr. Splenser's patient over 1 year ago. I am very pleased with him. Every time I have an appointment, he is always on time. He is polite and friendly. He takes time to explain the results, gives me suggestions on how can I improve my health, and with his help, I lost 35 pounds and my blood sugar is under control now. I highly recommend Dr. Andres Splenser!
in Portland texas |
Dr. Splenser is such a blessing. I am so glad I chose him to be my Endocrinologist. I had thyroid cancer two years ago and I am finally feeling my self again. He listens to my concerns and really does care. He is amazing. I give him two thumbs up.
in Houston, TX |
Yes, I would definitely recommend Dr. Splenser to my family and friends. I trust in his ability to make recommendations for my health, so I have confidence in him. He listens to what I have to say, so I feel that I am participating in my treatment. He is very compassionate which means a lot to patients.
in Sugar Land, TX |
I was suffering with a dull headache and a mental cloud all the time. I was hearing the noise but nothing was registering in my brain, so I can understand and act. Because of that I was getting very slow. All the time lethargic. My PCP could not find any thing wrong with me. One day I saw Dr. Splenser and verbalized my problem. He did diagnosed me and fixed my health problems. I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO SAY THANKS TO HIM? GOD BLESS HIM. He is an awesome doctor and an Angel for his patients. THANK YOU
in Houston, TX |
I visited Dr. Splenser for a 2nd opinion after being told I had to have surgery for my para-thyroids. One year later I'm heathier than I was prior to allowing him to treat me. Dr. Splenser did not feel surgery was necessary and he proved it to be so. I am so grateful to God and Dr. Splenser for his expertise in treatment. He is the best!
Baytown, TX |
Endocrinologists are not created equal. Dr. Splenser was my 3rd try. He doesn't over-book, so you won't sit in his office for 2 hours to get rushed through a 5-minute routine to get your medications. There is a lab in the office, the office staff is friendly and efficient, and I have never felt like a number here. He follows the data, listens to your input, and bases your treatment on both. The patient's opinions are never ridiculed or shoved aside. So very glad I found this practice!
in Houston, TX |
I highly recommend Dr. Splenser to my family, friends, and those reading this review. Dr. Splenser is very thorough and mostly important to me he looks at my total health care I receive. Dr. Splenser listens closely and clearly discusses my health matters with a planned approach for me to understand the steps he takes for the care of my health. Dr. Splenser is very pleasant person that always has a positive attitude, I am glad he has been an integral part of the good health care I receive.
Houston, TX |
Fantastic physician. Listens to his patients and has exelent communication skills. Very knowledgeable in his field.
Spring, TX |
Dr. Splenser helped pull me out of a slump with my Type 1 diabetes. I had totalled my car because of low blood sugar and was depressed.. It was refreshing to meet this doctor, with a positive, compassionate, and attentive outlook, one that changed my whole viewpoint on my diabetes. Dr. Splenser introduced me to the Dexcom, a CGMS device that allows me to see my blood sugars at any moment. I am learning everyday how to better manage my diabetes. Thank you, Dr. Splenser, for believing in me!
in Victoria, Texas |
I have been a diabetic for 36 years and Dr. Splenser has been the only Dr. to get me where I need to be. He is attentive, listens to my needs and overall the best Dr. I have ever had.He is so informative about all aspects of my illnesses. I had been in pain for 6 mths and he helped me. His office staff is amazing. They are kind, pleasant and very efficient. If you are in need of an amazing Dr. I recommend you call his office soon. I know God placed me in his hands for bettering my health.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Splenser is a joy , I love that he takes his time to listen , not many doctors do that now days. He is concerned about you, not just shoving unnecessary medicine at you. I believe cares about my wellness . I have recommended he to my Pastor. My diabetic condition has greatly improved since going to him. Thank you Dr. splenser may God bless you!
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Splenser was very caring and thorough in reviewing medical history and lab results with me. I trust his diagnosis and treatment plan.
in Houston, TX |
I found out i have rare metabolic disorder....... Doctor did extensive research to find best plan of action. He cares about his patients: they are not just a number....... Great doctor
San Antonio, TX |
He was attentive and sent me for several labs first visit. Second visit labs came back he found nothing and hurried me out and said I was "ok". I still knew something wasn't quite right and went to another endo who found goiter with my thyroid and hypoglycemia. Unfortunately Dr. Splenser missed this. I would say if the case is mild, Dr. Splenser isn't the best choice or for thyroid issues. Seems like he is better with Diabetes patients. Staff is horrible - long waits, rude, poor scheduling.
in East Bernard, tx |
Dr. Splenser is very thorough and takes time in his exam and evaluation of your health . Very personable and a real gentleman.
in Magnolia, TX |
If you are looking for a doctor that is truly interested in getting to know you as a human being and then as a patient; one that will listen to your questions and concerns; one that will respond to them with direct and specific information while taking the time to make sure that you understand his responses; I HIGHLY recommend that you contact Dr. Splenser. He will develop a plan and If you do your part and follow the plan, I GUARANTEE that your health and well being will significantly improve!
in Houston, TX |
My experience with Dr Spenser was absolutely great. He has mastered the art of being empathetic and professional at the same time ( I have found few doctors who could successfully achieve this) . Coming in as a new patient, he made sure he had a thorough history of my past medical issues . Throughout the entire appointment I felt completely comfortable and taken care of. Without a doubt one of the best doctors in Houston !
in Houston, TX |
He is a great doctor working with me and my insurance company. He is helping me find other ways lower my blood sugar and is always encouraging and very thorough.
in Beaverton, OR |
Dr Splenser was caring and detail oriented. He did a thorough exam and listened to all my concerns to help me. I like his staff too. I am not close to him any more and I really miss him.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Splenser is super attentive, knowledgable, and expert in his field. I'd recommend him to anyone who's considering. A+!
in Houston tx |
Not only is Dr. Splenser very knowledgeable in his specialty, he takes a great interest in you as the patient. He listened to the details of my case and later correctly repeated some of the key points. The office is friendly, neat and well run. I only waited a few minutes before seeing the doctor. Would highly recommend
I had my first visit with dr splenser today. He was very professional and friendly. he listened attentively and took time to explain what i maybe wrong with me and explained the test that he is requesting he was even thoughtful of what lab location to send me for lower cost.
in Houston, TX |
Very happy with my choice in Dr. Splenser. Professional, knowledgable and sincere. I will definitely recommend to family and friends
in Houston |
I have been seeing Dr. Splenser for over 4 years and would refer him with complete confidence. Dr. Splenser is extremely knowledgable, compassionate and professional. You can tell he truly cares about you and is your good health advocate along with your personal life coach. He's truly one of Houston's great doctors!
in Texas |
Excellent physician. One in a million. Takes time to explain and called me personally to discuss specific abnormal labs. Really cares about his patients. So lucky my family and I found him!!!!
Have you seen Dr. Andres Splenser, MD?
Are you Dr. Splenser?

Compare Dr. Splenser

Dr. Splenser says...

Dr. Splenser is board certified in internal medicine and endocrinology.  He is originally from Argentina and is a native Spanish speaker, but he has been a Texan since 1991.  He earned his medical degree at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas.  He completed his internal medicine residency followed by an endocrinology fellowship both at Baylor College of Medicine.  Dr. Splenser was a research fellow at Brigham and Women's Hospital/Harvard Medical School in Boston and performed studies looking at ways to protect blood flow to the eye, brain and kidney in diabetic patients.  He also was involved in a project studying the anti-oxidant properties of cocoa (hot chocolate) on diabetic patients.   In addition, Dr. Splenser was one of eight fellows chosen nationally to participate in a preceptorship in metabolic bone diseases held at Columbia University Medical Center in New York City in 2012 where he learned from some of the nations leading physicians and scientists on the treatment and evaluation of bone health and osteoporosis.  Dr. Splenser has been involved in and written a number of scientific studies (see publication list).

Dr. Splenser's Care Philosophy

My goal is to provide patients with the highest quality of specialized care in endocrinology in a timely manner, and to practice evidence based medicine. My priority is making  patients feel better, lead healthier lives, and focus on incorporating treatment plans into each patient's lifestyle and work.

Dr. Splenser says...

I have extensive training in all aspects of endocrinology with focus on thyroid hormone problems (high and low), thyroid nodules, thyroid cancer.

Have performed hundreds of biopsies of the thyroid using ultrasound guidance.

Dr. Splenser has completed extra training in treatment of osteoporosis and bone disorders.

Dr. Splenser's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

Dr. Splenser has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Splenser's Board Certifications

• Klinefelter Syndrome
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Male Infertility
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Pheochromocytoma

Graduated in 2001

• Other Education
    Brigham and Women's Hospital/Harvard Medical School

Completed in 2008

Dr. Splenser does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Splenser and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism