Dr. Andres Splenser, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism ·  Male · Age 40

Dr. Splenser

Endocrinology Clinics of Texas

7500 Beechnut St Ste 252 Houston, TX 77074

Dr. Andres Splenser, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism specialist in Houston, TX and has been practicing for 7 years. He graduated from Baylor University in 2005 and specializes in endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism and internal medicine.

Dr. Splenser accepts

Dr. Splenser accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Commercial Insurance Company
Community Health Choice
Memorial Healthcare System
Memorial Hermann Physician Network
Self Pay
PacifiCare HMO

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Splenser's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Splenser's Top Procedures and Conditions

Diabetes With Renal Manifestations

Dr. Splenser treats Diabetes With Renal Manifestations more than 95% of his peers

Dr. Splenser treats this condition more than 95% of his peers

Dr. Splenser treats this condition more than 82% of his peers

Osteoporosis

Dr. Splenser treats Osteoporosis more than 78% of his peers

Dr. Splenser treats this condition more than 78% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Deficiency-Induced Osteoporosis

• Klinefelter Syndrome
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Male Infertility
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Nutritional Counseling
  • Ultrasound
  • Ultrasound, Thyroid
  • Ultrasound-Guided Fine Needle Aspiration
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

My goal is to provide patients with the highest quality of specialized care in endocrinology in a timely manner, and to practice evidence based medicine. My priority is making  patients feel better, lead healthier lives, and focus on incorporating treatment plans into each patient's lifestyle and work.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Splenser

Dr. Splenser?
Dr. Splenser's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Andres Splenser, MD
I have had Type One Diabetes for 61 years (my last A1c was 6.5) and I have to say that Dr. Splenser is first class. Never mind that he spends as much time as needed when I visit him but his knowledge of the latest treatments is right on. I am so fortunate to have him as my doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andres Splenser, MD?
I saw Dr. Splenser for a 2nd opinion. He is extremely knowledgeable, professional, and patient-oriented. He never rushes me and spends all the time we both need during the appointment. Being 57 years old and knowing my body, I had my own private thoughts about what my body was going through and how it would recover. While the first doctor just made a clinical diagnosis, Dr. Splenser reviewed my records and, in his diagnosis and explanation, even reflected what I was thinking about my body!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andres Splenser, MD?
I've been seeing Dr. Splenser for 4 years. Amazing doctor. Very attentive, knowledgeable, and great bed side manner. His staff is completely horrible. Very rude and short with you. You leave messages on their voicemail and they call you days later. No apologies. I've been using their text based messaging system, they rarely reply and when they do reply, response is that we have sent this info to the correct dept. No calls, no answer, nothing. He needs a completely new staff!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andres Splenser, MD?
High to Low A1c and corrected thyroid medication. went from A1c in the 9's to 6.6. Awesome. Dr. Splenser made it easy because he follows the numbers. Don't get me wrong. I knew long ago that my goal was to lower the numbers but my family phyisician kept telling me he was an expert. Turns out he wasn't the expert he thought he was. I knew my numbers could be better so I wanted an endocrinologist and Dr. Splenser delivered.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andres Splenser, MD?
Excellent Doctor, would recommend for Diabetes Management . takes time to explain and answer questions
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andres Splenser, MD?
Excellent doctor! After having problems with pancreatitis and incompetent care for 6 months following the incident, I found him and he changed medication and everything was in control within 24 hours! He knew exactly what to do. I have referred many other patients to him and continue using them as my doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andres Splenser, MD?
I urge anyone who has a difficult to diagnose or treat problem to see Dr. Splenser. He has a wide area of knowledge and ran a gauntlet of tests to confirm and make recommendations. He also explained all my tests so I was not left in the dark. Life is hard but it is much easier if you have a good doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andres Splenser, MD?
Dr. Splenser was highly recommended to me by my primary doctor over 3 years now. I am very pleased on weigh lost I have been able to achieve so far. We have work closely on personalized health wins. He always takes his time during my follow up visits. I happy with having such a sincere and efficient doctor. My follow up visits have become more fun and exciting like follow up with your coach. I would recommend Dr. Andres Splenser to any patient wanting to get better with their aliment
Thank you for the kind words! We are a patient...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andres Splenser, MD?
Dr. Spleners will not only takes his time to sit and talk to you about your ailment, he also takes time to listen to what you have to say and answer your questions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andres Splenser, MD?
I cannot express how thrilled I am to have found Dr. Andres Splenser. Since I started seeing him over a year ago, I am finally on a positive road in able to manage my type 1 diabetes. Dr. Splenser is very thorough in reviewing and discussing my test and meter readings at a level I understand. His encouragement and direction on what specific actions to take to improve my A1C is helping me reach my goals. I highly recommend Dr. Andres Splenser
N.L. Thank you for your recognition! Diabetes is...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andres Splenser, MD?
After seeing another endocrinologist who was very rude and did not answer my questions, I decided to see Dr. Splenser.. I find him to be a good listener and he answers my questions in a way that I can understand. He is very polite and easy to work with. He is very knowledgeable, and I trust him. I would recommend Dr. Splenser to anyone looking for a good doctor.
We pride ourselves in listening to patients...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andres Splenser, MD?
Dr. Splenser woke me up and made me realize that being over weight by so much, I will be cutting my life very short. We had a long heart to heart visit. 2 years ago. I was extremely obese. He took the time to help me to understand that I was putting my life in danger. Now almost two years later I am almost at the weight I am suppose to be. I am in the process of losing so much weight that now my body doesn't have to carry around two of me!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andres Splenser, MD?
I became Dr. Splenser's patient over 1 year ago. I am very pleased with him. Every time I have an appointment, he is always on time. He is polite and friendly. He takes time to explain the results, gives me suggestions on how can I improve my health, and with his help, I lost 35 pounds and my blood sugar is under control now. I highly recommend Dr. Andres Splenser!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andres Splenser, MD?
Dr. Splenser is such a blessing. I am so glad I chose him to be my Endocrinologist. I had thyroid cancer two years ago and I am finally feeling my self again. He listens to my concerns and really does care. He is amazing. I give him two thumbs up.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andres Splenser, MD?
I was suffering with a dull headache and a mental cloud all the time. I was hearing the noise but nothing was registering in my brain, so I can understand and act. Because of that I was getting very slow. All the time lethargic. My PCP could not find any thing wrong with me. One day I saw Dr. Splenser and verbalized my problem. He did diagnosed me and fixed my health problems. I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO SAY THANKS TO HIM? GOD BLESS HIM. He is an awesome doctor and an Angel for his patients. THANK YOU
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andres Splenser, MD?
I visited Dr. Splenser for a 2nd opinion after being told I had to have surgery for my para-thyroids. One year later I'm heathier than I was prior to allowing him to treat me. Dr. Splenser did not feel surgery was necessary and he proved it to be so. I am so grateful to God and Dr. Splenser for his expertise in treatment. He is the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andres Splenser, MD?
Endocrinologists are not created equal. Dr. Splenser was my 3rd try. He doesn't over-book, so you won't sit in his office for 2 hours to get rushed through a 5-minute routine to get your medications. There is a lab in the office, the office staff is friendly and efficient, and I have never felt like a number here. He follows the data, listens to your input, and bases your treatment on both. The patient's opinions are never ridiculed or shoved aside. So very glad I found this practice!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andres Splenser, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Splenser to my family, friends, and those reading this review. Dr. Splenser is very thorough and mostly important to me he looks at my total health care I receive. Dr. Splenser listens closely and clearly discusses my health matters with a planned approach for me to understand the steps he takes for the care of my health. Dr. Splenser is very pleasant person that always has a positive attitude, I am glad he has been an integral part of the good health care I receive.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andres Splenser, MD?
Fantastic physician. Listens to his patients and has exelent communication skills. Very knowledgeable in his field.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andres Splenser, MD?
Dr. Splenser helped pull me out of a slump with my Type 1 diabetes. I had totalled my car because of low blood sugar and was depressed.. It was refreshing to meet this doctor, with a positive, compassionate, and attentive outlook, one that changed my whole viewpoint on my diabetes. Dr. Splenser introduced me to the Dexcom, a CGMS device that allows me to see my blood sugars at any moment. I am learning everyday how to better manage my diabetes. Thank you, Dr. Splenser, for believing in me!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Splenser?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Splenser treats patients.