Dr. Andreas H. Gomoll, MD

Dr. Andreas H. Gomoll, MD

Orthopedic Knee Surgery | Male | 46 years old

Personal Bio

Dr. Gomoll's Experience

See how Dr. Gomoll's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gomoll

Dr. Gomoll accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Gomoll has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Gomoll
Dr. Gomoll's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (42)
in Medfield, MA |
I have never had a Doctor like Dr. Gomoll. His patience, understand, compassion, and knowledge are a rare combination in Doctor's today, especially specialist who have very little time. The quality you get with each visit is a gift. I have recommended him to numerous people who have been very happy with him. I am happy that I found Dr. Gomoll.
in Calais, VT |
He did a great job of explaining my options. The Conformis partial knee replacement surgery has gone well so far. Three weeks after surgery I have accomplished 120 degree range of bend. This is following the recommended PT exercise regimen. He called me the day after the surgery to see how I was doing. My home health team were highly impressed with the outcome with the Conformis knee and wound healing. I would recommend him wholeheartedly. Brigham Womens Faulkner Hospital rocks.
in Burlington, MA |
Dr Gomoll did a high-tibial osteotomy to relieve my severe knee pain. It's a surgery, I later found out, that most orthopedic surgeons today don't even know how to do. That surgery solved my problem and made it unnecessary to get a knee replacement. Dr Gomoll puts the patient first, he is not out to "sell" surgeries, he explains everything in plain English, and he's always upbeat and personable. He's the best!
in Plymouth, MA |
Dr. Gomoll is a smart, capable surgeon. He told me exactly what to expect, and both my treatment and recovery matched those expectations. I felt well-informed and well-prepared. We were happily surprised to receive a follow-up call from Dr. Gomoll (on a Sunday!) just to check on my progress after 48-hours (post-surgery) and share additional tips so that I would be more comfortable. All in all, Dr. Gomoll has a terrific demeanor and is incredibly sharp.
in Stafford, VA |
I have been with Dr. Gomoll for four years now and I have never been cared for by such an amazing, bright doctor. Not only is Doctor Gomoll an expert in cartilage research he also takes a lot of time educating his patients on their conditions and courses of action. His bedside manner is impeccable and unlike any doctor, especially at his level of expertise.
in Boston, MA |
Spent not even five minutes and refused to understand the pain I was having and gave me the wrong treatment.... I been to him a few time... not sure why he is so great...
in Portland, ME |
My experience with Dr. Gomoll couldn't have gone any better. He is EXCELLENT. From the second I met with him until a year post (TODAY!), the experience was absolutely amazing. Most importantly, my knee is like new. I workout every single day and I am pain free. Simply amazing! I may add that I drove over 2 hours to see him and it was SO worth it!
in Boston, MA |
Dr. Gomoll's holistic approach is comforting and welcoming. I have never felt so confident in a surgeon before. I have had 3 surgeries with Dr. Gomoll, and all three have been a success. I always recommend him to other people that require sport injury treatment. Not stone is left un-turned in exploring options for action and recovery.
in Groton, MA |
Dr. Gomoll is that rare combination of kind and competent. His world renowned expertise does not give him an ego. He takes into consideration the person, not just the cartilage defect or torn ligament when deciding on the best course of treatment and he talks with (not at) his patients. I had assumed a new knee, after 3 failed ACLs and multiple cartilage defects was sooner rather than later but he has given me years of mobility. He's one of the best at biologic joint reconstruction.
Boston, MA |
Dr. Gomoll is an excellent doctor. Scheduling me appointment with his staff went without any difficulties. His Admin Trisha was very pleasant. The physician assistant Courtney came into the exam room first and gathered a lot of information. Then following with Dr. Gomoll when he entered the room he gave me a sense of comfort. He was excellent at explaining the reasons for my symptoms and made me feel I was in the best possible care. Highly recommend!!!
in MA |
Excellent medical advice. Conservative approach on surgery is very appreciated.
in Newmarket, NH |
I wish I had found Dr. Gomoll sooner! His technical expertise as well as his calm and reassuring manner made my experience excellent. I am recovering quickly after cartilage repair and arthroplasty of my knee. I would recommend him highly
in hull |
He is one of Brighams best...and so nice.
Have you seen Dr. Andreas H. Gomoll, MD?
Are you Dr. Gomoll?

Compare Dr. Gomoll

Dr. Gomoll says...

Dr. Andreas Gomoll is double board-certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine. He is an Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at Harvard Medical School, a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, and the International Cartilage Repair Society.

His practice is devoted to the reconstruction of knee and shoulder injuries, and he is widely considered one of the leading surgeons specializing in biologic repair of cartilage defects and treatments for early arthritis of the knee joint, including cartilage and meniscus transplantation. He has been featured on Boston Magazine's Best Doctors, is a Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctor, and was recognized as one of 16 stand-out sports knee surgeons in North America.

He is a member of the Brigham and Women's Hospital Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Cartilage Repair Center, and Director of the Orthopaedic Program in the BWH Center for Regenerative Medicine, which he also co-directs.

Dr. Gomoll says...

Dr. Gomoll's practice is devoted to the reconstruction of knee and shoulder injuries, and he is widely considered one of the leading surgeons specializing in biologic repair of cartilage defects and treatments for early arthritis of the knee joint, including cartilage and meniscus transplantation.

Dr. Gomoll's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Knee Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Gomoll has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

Why It Matters: Dr. Gomoll's Board Certifications

Harvard Combined Orthopaedic Residency Program

Completed in 2005

Rush University Med Center

Completed in 2006

Dr. Gomoll does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gomoll and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Knee Surgery

• Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Shoulder Stabilizations
  • Stem Cell Therapy

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.