Dr. Andreas Gomoll, MD

Dr. Gomoll
Telehealth services available

The Hospital For Special Surgery

1 Blachley Rd Stamford, CT 06902

Dr. Andreas Gomoll, MD is a Orthopedic Hip & Knee Surgery Specialist in Stamford, CT and has over 23 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitaet Munchen, Fachbereich Medizin medical school in 1997. He is affiliated with Hospital For Special Surgery. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Gomoll to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Orthopedic Hip & Knee Surgery Specialists in your area

See similar Orthopedic Hip & Knee Surgery Specialists in Stamford

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Gomoll accepts

Dr. Gomoll accepts the following insurance:

Access Blue New England Network-CT
Tufts Health Plan
Tufts PPO
Worker's Compensation
Worker's Compensation WC

No malpractice claims found for Connecticut

Check Dr. Gomoll's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Gomoll's Top Procedures and Conditions

Knee Disorders

Dr. Gomoll treats Knee Disorders more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Gomoll treats this condition more than 98% of his peers

Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain

Dr. Gomoll treats Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Gomoll treats this condition more than 98% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Knee Pain

Dr. Gomoll's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Gomoll

4.3

Dr. Gomoll?
I've followed Dr. Gomoll from his practice in Boston to NYC because he is just that good. As a long term patient he has patched up my cartilage a couple of times with ACI and then OCA along with a couple of osteotomies after an infected ACL reconstruction had destroyed my articular cartilage. His surgical skills with biologic joint reconstruction/preservation are top notch but he also has a fantastic bedside manner. I'm most grateful though he's helped me evolve as a person and a patient, amazing what I can do on my knee now thanks to him!
Apr 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andreas Gomoll, MD?
Wonderful! Respectful, warm, clear thinking and communicating, smart, didnt miss any detail of what i told him(i discovered this by reviewing office note he dictated follow ing the examination). I had seen several ortho surgeons before him and not one could hold a candle to him!
Mar 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andreas Gomoll, MD?
Honestly my child has seen several orthopaedic surgeon who gave her diagnosis that either did not make sense or their course of treatment was extreme. Dr Gomoll took his time to review and come up with a plan that saved my child’s knee. He is very smart and his bedside manner is unbelievable! My child was concerned with having so many more scars and he found a way to not create more and I have to say her scar is minimal and looks great! Staff goes above and beyond! Very pleased!
Long island – Jan 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andreas Gomoll, MD?
Were it not for Dr. Gomoll I would not have had the amazing outcome from meniscus surgery with little to no pain or swelling post-surgery and a full recovery. Back to running now as if I had never suffered a torn meniscus. It's unfortunate I can't give him a higher rating - he deserves it!
Bronxville, NY – Jan 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andreas Gomoll, MD?
Dr. Gomoll is a fantastic surgeon, nothing but great things to say! He and the entirety of HSS was the right choice for my surgery. He is incredibly knowledgeable, personable, and caring, and left me feeling confident in my decision to choose him after every conversation we had.
Andrew L in Albany, NY – Dec 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andreas Gomoll, MD?
Several months ago I made an appointment with Dr. Gomoll to determine if I was a candidate for Stem Cell Therapy. A day prior to my appointment I called the office and was told the Doctor would be at a conference on so my appointment was cancelled. Lisa promised me that she and/or the PA would contact me to discuss another option but I never heard from anyone and still have not 2 weeks later! I can accept that there was a mix up with scheduling but no return call is unacceptable.
Jane Stark in Richmond, VA – Jul 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andreas Gomoll, MD?
Future and current patients beware. Dr. Gomoll performed a partial knee replacement on me. Had to have a full knee replacement after 17 month. The surgeon who performed my total knee stated the device was malaligned and he could see mechancial catching of my patella on the device Dr. Gomoll installed. Been in recovery for over three years.
Apr 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andreas Gomoll, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Gomoll for over 10 years and the only negative thing I have to say is that he is leaving MA to move to NY. He is a Doctor unlike any other I have had the chance to meet. Over the years I have spent countless hours talking about my knee with Dr. G and I don't have a bad thing to say. He is patient and kind, not to mention talented. He both takes the time to listen and explain things. I am sad to see him leave and NY is very lucky to have him.
Kristen S. in Medfield, MA – Feb 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andreas Gomoll, MD?
14 months ago my daughter had surgery for a frayed miniscus. During the initial surgery her first surgeon found significantly more damage and had the foresight to stop and refer us to Dr. G. He met with us and suggested a course to allow my daughter to continue her athletics. He was positive and thorough. A year later she worked hard and has recovered well resuming all her activities. I highly recommend Dr. Gomoll
Jul 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andreas Gomoll, MD?
Dr. Gomoll is a true professional in every sense of the word. I call him my "miracle doctor" as he was able to find a spot for me in a trial study for my knee. Just amazing and I'm thankful to be under his care.
Fred Beissner in Attleboro MA – Jun 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andreas Gomoll, MD?
I can't say enough about this doctor. My daughter is 15 years old. She has had a rare condition called Osteochondritis Dissecans since she was approximately 8 years old. Over the years, she has gotten 3 lesions that needed treatment as she doesn't respond to conservative treatment. She had her most major surgery last July with Dr Gomoll. He did an osteochondral allograft, MPFL repair, and TTO. I cannot say enough about his care and technique. This has worked! My daughter has no pain now!
Shavonne Yoho in Millbury, MA – May 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andreas Gomoll, MD?
Cannot say enough great things about Dr. Gomoll and his practice. Never had issues with appointments, visits, surgeries, follow-ups, etc. As a doctor I felt he was very personable and actually seemed genuinely concerned about me as a patient.
Jennifer Morgan in Warren, MA – Mar 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andreas Gomoll, MD?
My experience with Dr Gomoll has been extremely positive. He takes the time to clearly explain his diagnosis and discusses options objectively. I never felt rushed or "just another patient". After years of knee pain and countless time spent doing PT and receiving cortisone shots; I am pain free. My daily activity has increased and I am looking forward to exercising again.
Corinne in Marshfield,MA – Mar 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andreas Gomoll, MD?
Dr Gomoll put my knee back together almost 8 years ago. Without that procedure I certainly be contemplating a knee replacement. He seems to handle the worst of the worst. His OA Courtney is always very helpful. A very skilled surgeon.
Natick, MA – Mar 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andreas Gomoll, MD?
Dr. Gomoll took a conservative approach to treating a torn meniscus. Ultimately, I needed to have a surgical procedure to address a meniscal tear; I am very please with the results. There was a lot of helpful communication and explanation from Dr. Gomoll and his staff before, during and after the procedure. Every question I had was thoughtfully and thoroughly answered.
Weymouth, MA – Feb 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andreas Gomoll, MD?
very professional staff all around, really care about the patient's well-being, overall great experience
Worcester, MA – Feb 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andreas Gomoll, MD?
Dr Gomoll performed ACI surgery on me in December 2014. The surgery went well and I have since returned to all of my activities. He followed up and was always friendly and professional. While I hope to not need another knee surgery, I would go back to Dr Gomoll, particularly if I need ACI on the other knee at some point.
Torao in Arlington, MA – Dec 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andreas Gomoll, MD?
He did a great job of explaining my options. The Conformis partial knee replacement surgery has gone well so far. Three weeks after surgery I have accomplished 120 degree range of bend. This is following the recommended PT exercise regimen. He called me the day after the surgery to see how I was doing. My home health team were highly impressed with the outcome with the Conformis knee and wound healing. I would recommend him wholeheartedly. Brigham Womens Faulkner Hospital rocks.
David H in Calais, VT – Nov 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andreas Gomoll, MD?
Dr Gomoll did a high-tibial osteotomy to relieve my severe knee pain. It's a surgery, I later found out, that most orthopedic surgeons today don't even know how to do. That surgery solved my problem and made it unnecessary to get a knee replacement. Dr Gomoll puts the patient first, he is not out to "sell" surgeries, he explains everything in plain English, and he's always upbeat and personable. He's the best!
Ed in Burlington, MA – Aug 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andreas Gomoll, MD?
Dr. Gomoll is a smart, capable surgeon. He told me exactly what to expect, and both my treatment and recovery matched those expectations. I felt well-informed and well-prepared. We were happily surprised to receive a follow-up call from Dr. Gomoll (on a Sunday!) just to check on my progress after 48-hours (post-surgery) and share additional tips so that I would be more comfortable. All in all, Dr. Gomoll has a terrific demeanor and is incredibly sharp.
CB in Plymouth, MA – May 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andreas Gomoll, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gomoll?

Dr. Andreas Gomoll is double board-certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine. He is an Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at Harvard Medical School, a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the American Orthop...Read more

• Hip & Knee Orthopedics