Dr. Andreas Gomoll, MD

Hip & Knee Orthopedics ·  Male · Age 48

Dr. Gomoll

The Hospital For Special Surgery

523 E 72nd St New York, NY 10021

Dr. Andreas Gomoll, MD is a orthopedic hip & knee surgery specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 13 years. He graduated from Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitaet Munchen, Fachbereich Medizin in 1997 and specializes in hip & knee orthopedics, sports medicine, and more.

Dr. Gomoll's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Gomoll

4.3

Dr. Gomoll?
Dr. Gomoll's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Andreas Gomoll, MD
I've followed Dr. Gomoll from his practice in Boston to NYC because he is just that good. As a long term patient he has patched up my cartilage a couple of times with ACI and then OCA along with a couple of osteotomies after an infected ACL reconstruction had destroyed my articular cartilage. His surgical skills with biologic joint reconstruction/preservation are top notch but he also has a fantastic bedside manner. I'm most grateful though he's helped me evolve as a person and a patient, amazing what I can do on my knee now thanks to him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andreas Gomoll, MD?
Wonderful! Respectful, warm, clear thinking and communicating, smart, didnt miss any detail of what i told him(i discovered this by reviewing office note he dictated follow ing the examination). I had seen several ortho surgeons before him and not one could hold a candle to him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andreas Gomoll, MD?
Honestly my child has seen several orthopaedic surgeon who gave her diagnosis that either did not make sense or their course of treatment was extreme. Dr Gomoll took his time to review and come up with a plan that saved my child’s knee. He is very smart and his bedside manner is unbelievable! My child was concerned with having so many more scars and he found a way to not create more and I have to say her scar is minimal and looks great! Staff goes above and beyond! Very pleased!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andreas Gomoll, MD?
Were it not for Dr. Gomoll I would not have had the amazing outcome from meniscus surgery with little to no pain or swelling post-surgery and a full recovery. Back to running now as if I had never suffered a torn meniscus. It's unfortunate I can't give him a higher rating - he deserves it!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andreas Gomoll, MD?
Dr. Gomoll is a fantastic surgeon, nothing but great things to say! He and the entirety of HSS was the right choice for my surgery. He is incredibly knowledgeable, personable, and caring, and left me feeling confident in my decision to choose him after every conversation we had.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andreas Gomoll, MD?
Several months ago I made an appointment with Dr. Gomoll to determine if I was a candidate for Stem Cell Therapy. A day prior to my appointment I called the office and was told the Doctor would be at a conference on so my appointment was cancelled. Lisa promised me that she and/or the PA would contact me to discuss another option but I never heard from anyone and still have not 2 weeks later! I can accept that there was a mix up with scheduling but no return call is unacceptable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andreas Gomoll, MD?
Future and current patients beware. Dr. Gomoll performed a partial knee replacement on me. Had to have a full knee replacement after 17 month. The surgeon who performed my total knee stated the device was malaligned and he could see mechancial catching of my patella on the device Dr. Gomoll installed. Been in recovery for over three years.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andreas Gomoll, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Gomoll for over 10 years and the only negative thing I have to say is that he is leaving MA to move to NY. He is a Doctor unlike any other I have had the chance to meet. Over the years I have spent countless hours talking about my knee with Dr. G and I don't have a bad thing to say. He is patient and kind, not to mention talented. He both takes the time to listen and explain things. I am sad to see him leave and NY is very lucky to have him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andreas Gomoll, MD?
14 months ago my daughter had surgery for a frayed miniscus. During the initial surgery her first surgeon found significantly more damage and had the foresight to stop and refer us to Dr. G. He met with us and suggested a course to allow my daughter to continue her athletics. He was positive and thorough. A year later she worked hard and has recovered well resuming all her activities. I highly recommend Dr. Gomoll
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andreas Gomoll, MD?
Dr. Gomoll is a true professional in every sense of the word. I call him my "miracle doctor" as he was able to find a spot for me in a trial study for my knee. Just amazing and I'm thankful to be under his care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andreas Gomoll, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gomoll?

Dr. Andreas Gomoll is double board-certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine. He is an Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at Harvard Medical School, a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the American Orthop...

• Hip & Knee Orthopedics

2005
2001
1997

Dr. Gomoll accepts

Dr. Gomoll accepts the following insurance:

Commercial Insurance Company

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check Dr. Gomoll's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Gomoll's Top Procedures and Conditions

Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain

Dr. Gomoll treats Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Gomoll treats this condition more than 98% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Knee Pain