Dr. Andrea Natale, MD

Dr. Andrea Natale, MD

Clinical Cardiac ElectrophysiologyMaleAge 61

Telehealth services available

Dr. Andrea Natale, MD is a Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiologist in Austin, TX. Dr. Natale has more experience with Cardiac Electrical System Procedures and Adult Congenital Heart Conditions than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities St. David's Medical Center and Los Robles Regional Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Natale to book an appointment.

Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia

Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia3000 N Interstate 35 700 Austin, TX 78705

• Practices at Top Hospital America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care Award™ See hospitals

More Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiologists at St. David's Medical Center

Dr. Natale's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Natale

91.04477611940298%

Dr. Natale
I had my ablation March 10th 2021. And it has changed my life. I’ve been dealing with SVT since 2012 and heart arrhythmias as far back as I can remember... I did countless hours of research and spent a lot of time praying for discernment on choosing the best of the best when it comes to electrophysiologist and I know that I made the right choice in choosing Dr. Andrea Natale. We drove 7hr one way to go to Austin TX. And it was so worth it! Don’t settle when you can have the Best! It was the smoothest procedure I’d every had, the worst part was the fear before hand.
Adam – Mar 20, 2021
When Dr. Andrea Natale first came to my attention, I'd been suffering from afib and atrial flutter for 15 years and had undergone five (yes, FIVE) unsuccessful ablations with highly regarded electrophysiologists (EPs), and yet I was worse off than when I started. I was completely discouraged and didn't know what to do. That was until I learned of Dr. Natale. I was skeptical at first, but Dr. Natale was different. His demeanor, his confidence, and his reputation all spoke volumes. So I scheduled an ablation with him in 2017. His skill level was different too. Out of six ablations, his was the shortest procedure and also the only successful one. That was almost four years ago and I've been in perfect normal rhythm ever since without any drugs. Dr. Natale gave me my life back when no one else could. If you have afib, and especially if it's persistent or you've had failed ablations in the past, I strongly recommend you contact him. I sincerely wish I'd gone to him first.
  • Long wait times
Carey G. – Mar 10, 2021
I have been a patient of Dr. Natale's for 3 years now. I first learned about Dr. Natale and the Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute from an AFIB patient advocate on a web forum, after a failed ablation in my home state. This 1st ablation left me with additional arrhythmias, in addition to atrial fibrillation. I checked my insurance plan, and Dr. Natale and St. David's hospital in Austin were both in-network. After REALLY doing my research this time, I discovered that Dr. Natale is by most accounts the leading electrophysiologist in the world. He has pioneered techniques and freely shares and teaches others around the world. It took a giant leap of faith to travel 1000 miles to see this man, but the relationship with him and the incredible people at TCAI/St David's has been, by far, the best health care experience in my life. You can expect world class healthcare from Dr. Natale and everyone at TCAI. Dr. Natale is an unassuming, caring and understanding doctor. His technical skills, expe
AB – Feb 11, 2021
My boyfriend had a stroke early in 2020 from AFib. We were referred to Dr. Natale by a close friend and can never thank her enough. Hands down he is the best electrophysiologist in the world. There is no other doctor we would trust more than Dr. Natale. He is highly respected by his peers: even our local cardiologist had wonderful things to say about him. When a cardiologist brags on another, that speaks volumes. In my opinion, he is a kind man who is professional and passionate about his work. He is a medical genius. We live 250 miles away and would travel even further if need be to see Dr. Natale. The trip was well worth it. My boyfriend’s AFib is gone after his ablation surgery and just last week Dr. Natale installed a Watchman device. We now have peace of mind knowing another stroke is highly unlikely . We are so grateful to Dr. Natale, his stellar staff and St. David’s Medical Center.
Carol Kay – Dec 13, 2020
One could not ask for anything better. He is one of a kind. Impeccable bed side manner, humble and a skill set that is well within the top 5 in the world. He definitively enjoys the "complicated cases". He is the one you want to consult with and, if necessary, proceed.
Rob Grundfast – Nov 15, 2020
Doctor Natale and his staff are simply the best!!! Dr. Natale did my ablation for my SVT 2 weeks ago and I’ve been feeling amazing since. I had so much fear and anxiety going into the procedure but Kelly his nurses was so amazing and patient with me and took her time to listen and calm my fears! I seriously feel so blessed and thankful for finding Dr. Natale and Kelly!
Kristina – Jul 28, 2020
Dr. Natale is a world class physician. I highly recommend him and his excellent staff.
Jul 11, 2020
Dr. Natale is an electrophysiology genius. He had to perform 3 ablations on me because he discovered I had a birth defect. He was persistent in telling me he would be successful in eliminating my need for drugs to control my A-fib. He was! The 3rd. ablation occurred back in 2009 and I have been in sinus rhythm ever since. I am forever grateful to Dr. Natale.
Jim Dowling – Jul 10, 2020
I traveled from Ok. to St. David’s Texas Arrhythmia Hospital for my Ablation With Dr. Natalie on July 2. Honestly, I would have traveled from the other side of the world. I wanted the best for my heart. After much research & meeting Dr. Natalie at the A-Fib Patient Conference in Dallas last year, (I recommend this conference for everyone with A-fib) I knew I was getting the absolute #1 BEST. He is dedicated, thoughtful & compassionate. I feel so blessed to have him as my Dr. I would like to thank Dr. Natalie, nurses & other medical professionals and staff & I hope they all can see this. Each of them collectively made my experience as easy and successful as it could be. On the day of my procedure each person I interacted with was confident & caring & I felt I was in very competent hands before & after the procedure. My Ablation procedure & recovery have been more than I can hope for & I attribute it to the excellent care I received. Thank you for the exceptional experience.
Victoria Melodick – Jul 08, 2020
I compare Dr. Natale a master in his field to Michelangelo and his art when it comes to the Ablation procedure Dr. Natale performed on me, and his exceptional attentive and professional staff is a direct reflection of his perfectionism and attention to detail in every respect during my stay at the hospital. I am so glad that I traveled all the way to the Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute at St. David's Medical Center. I have only praise for the entire experience while at the Institute.
Jun 18, 2020
Was looking for a new electrophysiologist after 7 years of almost constant afib and two failed ablations and no meds that worked. Was referred to Dr. Natale by an electrophysiologist in Dallas who said he was the best....he is!! He did my 3rd ablation and I have been in normal rhythm for the 8 months since... the longest continuous time in 7 years. The follow-up care tells the rest of the story. Dr. Natale is professional and thorough. He is humble and you truly feel he cares about you and the staff at TCAI are the best. Would not trust anyone else with my heart.
Apr 02, 2020
Dr. Natale is a fantastic physician. Not only is he incredibly polite and caring, he is also highly intelligent and skilled. I had my second cardiac ablation with him (first with another physician who then referred me to Dr. Natale because “he’s the best”.). I would highly recommend Dr. Natale and his staff. I live in Dallas and see Dr. Natale in Austin.
Kim McCallister – Mar 01, 2020
Caring EP. Dr. Natale knows his stuff. Answers questions well and explains. Very professional, caring, competent staff. Always feel welcome when I need to go there.
Margaret Stevens – Feb 29, 2020
I know the level of suffering both physical and emotional caused by AFib. That's the reason I want to write this review. Dr. Natale gave me my life back twice. 15 years ago he ablated my heart and fixed my AFib. A couple of years ago I started with the AFib again and he found the cause in the appendix of the atrium, the place where other doctors don't have an expertise to go. Now at one week after the ablation my heart is completely stable. Prior to this I had periods of instability that were happening daily. Dr. Natale has an expertise and the ability to fix most complicated arrhythmia problems. He is likely the best or among top two or three best doctors in the world. For me, I am absolutely grateful for the chance to be his patient. He has a golden heart, patience and uncompromising, relentless dedication to his patients. If you have a chance to be his patient, consider yourself lucky. My best wishes to all dealing with AFib. Dr. Natale will help you.
Dino Orucevic – Feb 18, 2020
Tops in his field. My experience with Dr. Natale has been great. I know many of his patients with great outcomes, yet he is not quick to take the most radical approach, but instead uses a careful reasoned methodology. Great Medical Staff Supporting Dr. Natale and his patients. Easy to talk to with a sense of humor when appropriate. Carefully explains everything with as much detail as the patient desires. Highly recommended.
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Harry – Feb 18, 2020
As always a very professional experience. I respect both Dr Natale and NP Kelly. I also am always happy with Nurse Maria’s great support.
John DeVere – Feb 05, 2020
Patient,kind,very knowledgeable
D.lofland – Jan 14, 2020
Thanks to Dr. Natale and his wonderful staff, I am still AFIB free 3 months after my ablation. I can't say enough about how great he and his staff are and how well they have treated me.
Randy Henson – Jan 11, 2020
Dr Natale and the staff are truly a treasure. Knowledgeable and tremendously skilled but also super friendly providing assistance and service with a smile.
Dec 14, 2019
Something I have never done before is give a 5 star rating but my experience with Doctor Natale and his whole staff and facility was truly 5 star. Should you need his services look no further.
gary v churchill – Dec 11, 2019

How was your experience with Dr. Natale?

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Frequently Treated by Dr. Natale

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Natale treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Natale treats other conditions, please contact the office at (512) 807-3150.

Cardiac Electrical System Procedures

Electrophysiologists monitor, diagnose and treat abnormal heart rhythms through procedures such as electrocardiograms (EKGs) and pacemaker insertionsCompare with other Cardiac Electrical System Procedures specialists.

Dr. Natale is experienced in the area of Cardiac Electrical System Procedures. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 4 conditions and procedures

Normal
High
Very High

Adult Congenital Heart Conditions

Adult congenital cardiac disorder specialists diagnose and treat heart disorders, such as arrythmias and mitral valve disease, that have been present from birth to adulthood.Compare with other Adult Congenital Heart Conditions specialists.

Dr. Natale is experienced in the area of Adult Congenital Heart Conditions. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 19 conditions and procedures

• Arrhythmias
  • Atrial Fibrillation
  • Atrial Flutter
  • Atrial Septal Defect
  • Atrioventricular Septal Defect (AVSD)
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) of Heart or Chest
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Chest Pain
  • Chest Pain Evaluation
  • Cholesterol Screening
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Echocardiography
  • Electrocardiogram (EKG)
  • Electrophysiological Study
  • First Degree Heart Block
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Palpitations
  • Mitral Valve Regurgitation
  • Mitral Valve Stenosis
  • Mobitz, Type 2, Heart Block
  • Nuclear Stress Testing
  • Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO)
  • Pericardial Disease
  • Pericarditis
  • Peripheral Arterial Disease Screening (PAD)
  • Pharmacologic Nuclear Stress Test
  • Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors
  • Treadmill Stress Test
  • Ventricular Fibrillation
  • Ventricular Septal Defect
  • Ventricular Tachycardia (VT)
  • Wolff-Parkinson-White Pattern

Dr. Natale accepts

Dr. Natale accepts the following insurance:

Choice PPO
Health Net
Preferred PPO
Medicaid
WellPoint

I am dedicated to my profession. I believe it is my mission in life. I give all of myself to make sure my patient's heart does what it's supposed to do.

This physician is accepting telehealth visits. Andrea Natale M.D., F.A.C.C., F.H.R.S., F.E.S.C., Executive Medical Director, Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute...Read more

• Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Cardiology

• Cardiovascular Disease
  • Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology

University of Western Ontario | University of Wisconsin - Sinai Samaritan Medical College
Universita Cattolica Del Sacro Cuoreand Policlinico | University of Western Ontario
Universita Degli Studi Di Firenze