Dr. Andrea Halim, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Female

New Haven 800 Howard Ave New Haven, CT 06519 Get Directions
Dr. Andrea Halim, MD
After receiving my degree in Biology from Yale University in 2006, I attended medical school at USC. I graduated in 2010 with Dean's Recognition and as a member of AOA. I then returned to Yale for my Orthopaedic Surgery Residency. I earned the highest recognition for my research at Yale, focused on using ultrasounds to evaluate hand and upper extremity infections. I then spent a year honing my skills as a hand surgeon at Brown University. I currently work at Yale as an Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, specializing in the hand and upper extremity. My research interests include scaphoid nonunions, upper extremity infections, and the practice of efficient medicine in Orthopaedic Hand surgery. I remain committed to academic medicine as a way to educate future surgeons and to contribute to research and progress in my field.

Dr. Halim's Care Philosophy

The hand is the most important way in which we interact with the world. We use our hands to carry out our work and our hobbies. We hold our children and the hands of our friends and loved ones. My goal is to improve the function of your hand and wrist, no matter what the problem, whether you have an injured tendon, a crushed finger, a fractured wrist, or a joint that is worn out and arthritic from years of hard work. I treat every patient with care to the individual needs, lifestyle, and goals.

Dr. Halim's Experience

See how Dr. Halim's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Halim

Dr. Halim accepts 8 insurance carriers

Dr. Halim is now accepting new patients
New Haven800 Howard Ave
New Haven, CT 06519
(203) 785-3719Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Halim has admitting privileges.

Dr. Halim's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Are you Dr. Halim?

Compare Dr. Halim

Dr. Halim's Care Philosophy

Dr. Halim says...

I treat a variety of conditions of the hand and wrist including trauma, arthritis, dupuytren's, trigger finger, and nerve compression syndromes such as carpal tunnel syndrome.

Dr. Halim says...

I perform carpal tunnel releases, trigger finger releases, stabilization of hand and wrist fractures, reconstruction of arthritic joints, repair of lacerated tendons, brachial plexus repairs and nerve transfers, and many other procedures to improve function and pain in the hand and wrist.

Dr. Halim's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• Arthritis of the Finger

Completed in 2015

Brown University / Alpert Medical School

Completed in 2016

Graduated in 2006

Dr. Halim does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Halim and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery