Dr. Andrea Garrett, MD

Dr. Andrea Garrett, MD

Dermatology  |

Dr. Andrea Garrett is board-certified with the American Board of Dermatology and is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology. She specializes in treating the general and surgical dermatologic needs of children and adults. Dr. Garrett graduated Summa Cum Laude with a B.S. in Biochemistry from the University of Missouri in Columbia. She then received her M.D. degree from the University of Missouri School of Medicine in 2003. She completed an internal medicine internship at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago, IL and a dermatology residency at the University of Wisconsin. Dr. Garrett grew up nearby in Jefferson City, MO. Her goal is to provide excellent quality of care while developing meaningful patient interactions.

Forefront Dermatology - Saint Louis

12855 N 40 Dr Ste 180

Saint Louis, MO 63141

• American Enterprise Group
  • American Republic
  • CoreSource
  • HealthLink

Learn about Dr. Garrett

Forefront Dermatology is committed to providing the most innovative, leading-edge and appropriate medical dermatology solutions for healthy and beautiful skin. Whether you're suffering from an unexplained chronic skin condition, are embarrassed by acne or want a thorough skin cancer screening, we help detect problems before they become critical, physically or emotionally, and treat all diseases involving the skin, hair and nails. Our patients come to us with medical problems they can see and feel. We respect their unique reactions to these conditions, and we understand the effect they have on their lives. We address each patient with empathy, and we design personalized treatment recommendations that respect the whole person, inside and out.

Dr. Garrett's Experience

Dr. Garrett's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

• Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion
  • Skin Tag Removal

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

• University Of Missouri
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • University Of Missouri Columbia School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2003
  • Northwestern University Feinberg School Of Medicine
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University Of Wisconsin

Dr. Garrett has no media or publications listed.

• American Academy of Dermatology, Member
  • American Contact Dermatitis Society, Member
  • American Society of Mohs Surgery, Member

Dr. Garrett's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Garrett to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Garrett's Performance
St Louis, MO |
A pleasant, efficient office and good care.
in Cape Girardeau, MO |
Dr. Garrett really took the time with me that I needed and went over everything with me. She spent a significant amount of time in the room with me and her staff is top notch. I'm thankful I found her.
in Glencoe, MO |
dr. Garrett always walks in to greet your with a smile on her face. That means quite a bit. She is very thorough and seems to clearly caee for her patients. Her advice and treatments are spot on. Thank you Dr. Garrett, Michael J. Brady.
Farmington, MO |
Dr. Garrett is very kind and caring. She spends the appropriate amount of time in the room examining and explaining treatments.
in Jonesburg, MO |
Wasn't what I was expecting. Too much nitrogen for one visit! I was miserable for four day, three at work. But, the burns are better now.
St Louis, MO |
Dr Garrett was very thorough and answered all of my questions.
Arnold, MO |
Dr Garrett and her staff are top notch. I have a strong family history of melanoma and Dr Garrett always takes the time to listen to my concerns and does a complete head to toe exam assessing any and all concerns I have!
in Ballwin, MO |
I would recommend Dr. Garrett to anyone in need of a dermatologist. I have been her patient for a little over two years and I can, quite literally, say that she probably is the reason for being able to sit here and complete this recommendation. I had a mole that had developed into a stage 3 melanoma and Dr. Garrett correctly diagnosed it and led me on my path to treatment by an oncological surgeon. I have been cancer free for over two years now and healthy!
in Hillsboro |
Second visit and very pleased with customer service and treatment.
in St Louis, MO |
Dr. Garrett and the entire staff are fantastic! Very courteous and thorough!
Great experience!
in Chesterfield, Mo |
Dr. Garrett was great. She explained everything she was going to do so that my daughter would understand. It totally calmed her nerves. Her mole was removed and we left the office totally satisfied. The office staff was extremely nice and the office ran on time. I was very satisfied and would highly recommend Dr. Garrett and Forefront Dermatology!
in St Louis, MO |
I highly recommend Dr. Garrett. As a patient who has already had a basal cell cancer removed, she is extremely patient with all of my concerns and very thorough.
St Charles, MO |
Dr. Garrett is knowledgeable and helpful. I trust the treatment she provides. I would recommend her to family and friends.
in Ballwin, MO |
Dr. Garrett and her staff are my favorite dermatologist providers in the 25 years that I've been seeing dermatologists. After growing up in North Carolina, and having a fair complexion and red hair, I spent most summers barefoot and getting at least one sunburn each summer, so screening for skin damage is a regular occurrence for me. Dr. Garrett is friendly, explains everything she is doing, and is a joy to see, even though it's only once a year. I highly recommend her and her staff.
in St. John |
Caring, concerned, thorough. Glad I found a new dermatologist! Always helpful and a great staff that's very knowledgeable!
Edwardsville, IL |
I have been to Dr Garret twice now and I highly recommend her! Minimal wait time and very pleasant office staff, Dr Garret herself is very thorough and. Easy to talk to. She explains everything very clearly. I've been to many dermatologists and she is the best by far. Found things 2 other drs missed.
in St Louis, MO |
I just had my third visit to Dr. Garrett's office and it, just like the first two visits was a good experience from multiple perspectives. There is easy access to parking. the office is easy to find, it is clean and welcoming. The staff in the receptionist area are great--friendly and professional. They are prompt- you see Dr. Garrett at the time on your appointment card!! Her medical staff are friendly and professional. Dr. Garrett is efficient, friendly, clear and clearly knowledgeable.
in St Louis, MO |
First visit with Dr. Garrett (had seen PA in this office once before). I thought she was professional and thorough, and I was confident that she treated what needed to be treated. The prescriptions from my former (out-of-state) dermatologist would have cost me about $600 with my new insurance; she found comparable generics that cost me $17.
in Imperial, MO |
Dr. Garrett is kind, caring, and extremely competent. She spotted a basil cell tumor that was located on my nose and I was sent to a surgeon who was experienced in reconstruction after a tumor has been removed. Every time I go in for an appointment she spots something on my face that needs attention, and it is taken care of right away. My husband also goes to Dr. Garrett and she has helped him also. We are very happy to have such a gifted and skilled doctor who we completely trust.
in Ferguson, MO |
I saw this show on Netflix, "embarrassing bodies" that encourages you to talk to your doc about anything you feel is wired about your skin and bodies. Well Dr. Garrett was exceptionally comforting, professional, engaged, very knowledgeable with anything I brought up. Your not going to get better service from any doctor, she was great and I highly recommend her - especially for Eczema
Shiloh, IL |
Very professional and thorough. Entire staff was courteous and helpful. Would definitely recommend Dr. Garrett to others.
in St Louis, MO |
Dr. Garrett is a wonderful physician, caring, competent and personable. I highly recommend her to anyone looking for a dermatologist. While raising my children, we tried several dermatologists who lacked personality and zero patient communication skills. Wish she had been practicing then!
Chesterfield, MO |
Dr. Garrett was very caring and answered all my questions, listened to my concerns and explained everything thoroughly. Her nurse was also exceptional. Highly recommend.
in St Louis, MO |
I've been a patient of Dr. Garrett for years. She always listens to my concerns & questions. I never feel rushed. She does a thorough exam & addresses anything I've asked about. I trust her.
in St. Charles |
Very personable and knowledgeable.
in St Louis, MO |
Dr. Garrett and her staff were so pleasant, personable and extremely professional! I will definitely recommend her to other friend looking for dermatological care! Her practice was recommended to me by a friend and I am extremely satisfied!
St. Louis |
Dr. Garrett is great! I've seen her several times in the last few years and trust her 100%.
Thank you for the 5 star rating and taking the time to post a review.
in St Louis MO |
Thirty minutes late to get into a room and then potentially another 30 minutes??? This is after arriving early. Doctors need to be more considerate and if they are running late tell those waiting!
in waterloo Il. |
Dr. Garrett, is excellent. She is very helpful when I have questions about a range of skin conditions. I recently was examined by doctor Garrett and I will be having Mohs surgery in August. This is a direct result of a concern I had and Dr. Garrett being pro-active. I highly recommend Dr. Garrett.
St Louis, MO |
Quick, through evaluation. Options well explained. Procedures taken quickly and efficiently. Personable, easy to discuss issues.
in Fairview Heights, IL |
Dr. Garrett is awesome! She is very helpful and personable. I went to see her about potentially removing a cist on my arm. While I was there, I mentioned that I may come back to see her about my complexion. To my surprise, she diagnosed me on the spot and prescribed some medication for rosacea. I would definitely recommend her to friends and family.
St Charles, MO |
I had a great experience. The staff was very efficient and nice. Dr. Garrett was nice and informative. She explained what she was doing and why and told me how I could take care of some of the issues myself. I would recommend her to anyone I know.
in Pacific, MO |
Dr Andrea Garrett is a compassionate and caring dermatologist guru. I highly recommend her to my immediate family and friends.
in St Louis, MO |
Dr. Garrett is awesome! I have recommended her to several friends and they love her too! She is thorough, direct and personable. Dr. Garrett listens and takes the time to answer questions and concerns. She's the best.
in St Louis, MO |
i have had nothing but great interactions with Dr. Garrett and her staff. They are kind, caring and very professional. I have referred several family members and friends to Forefront Dermatology and will continue to do so.
in St. Louis, MO |
Staff and nursing "pods" when calling the office was poor. Asked for assistance with refill and wrongs meds prescribed and paid for. Discussed issue with office and they indicated they are aware of problems, this has happened to other patients and then when I finally received correct meds after making an additional appointment, the nurse practitioner stated I wouldn't need an appointment in the future for refills. So many errors occurred in office staff and nursing staff. Refuse to go back!
St Louis, MO |
At the first of the year, my insurance would no longer cover my dermolioglist I had been seeing for 10+ years. I obtained a list of doctors my new insurance would cover and Dr. Garrett so I made an appointment. Upon the schedule the appointment I ensured to confirm the address and get a fax number for my old doc to fax over my records. The day of the appointment came and I showed 15 minutes before hand and was taken back more than 20 minutes after my scheduled time. The nurses assistanc
Hi Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Appreciate your feedback.
The only concern that I have with Dr. Garrett is that she seems to be in a hurry some of the time which makes me feel unimportant and uneasy. My PCP gives a readout of what was discussed, plan of action and meds provided, to me this would be so helpful as Dr Garrett does use medical terms and is very soft spoken. For those of us getting older and a little hard of hearing would welcome this. I like Dr Garret and will continue to see her as I respect her and she has always cared for me.
in St Charles, MO |
Great, caring Doc ! Puts patient at ease, Explains everything in laymen s terms. I have had serveral visits with Dr Garrett over the past 4 years, and can highly recommend her.
in St.Louis,Mo |
Dr.Garret is very professional and she did a biopsy on my lip. It healed perfectly. Everything was as she said. I will continue to see her and will tell others about her. Great doctor!!
Fairview Heights, IL |
I visited Dr. Garrett due to a situation with reoccurring hives. She was very thorough in her examination and explanations. She has a great bedside manner and made me feel very comfortable. I believe Dr. Garrett will get to the bottom of my issues and would highly recommend her as a dermatologist.
St Louis, MO |
I have complete confidence in Dr. Garrett's diagnosis and treatments. My experienes have always remedied my problem. Comfortable surroundings, cordial and knowledgeable staff. The best in my book. Greg Marecek President St. Louis Sports Hall of Fame
in Foristell, MO |
I recently saw Dr Garrett for allergy testing, she has a great bed side manner and took the time to explain my results. I would recommend her to all of my family and friends.
in Fenton mo |
Very nice atmosphere. Dr Garrett is very personable! Great bedside manners!
in Ballwin, MO |
I saw Dr. Garrett recently for a general checkup and to discuss a specific issue I was having. She recommended an OTC medication which has been great. I felt confident in her assessment and would see her again. I found the west county office to be very efficient during my appointment and when accompanying my daughter for her visit.
in Eureka, MO |
I did not feel as if she was focused on my concerns. In the past, she used to bring in a measuring tool to track my miles and other skin issues and the last two years, she did not measure or compare with photos she had on file. I felt rushed both of the last two yearly visits. I thought maybe last year was a fluke, but it happened again I won't be back.
Hi Thank you for posting a review. I appreciate your feedback.
in Missouri |
She's capable & concerned about my skin. I trust her to advise me about what to do. She listens to my concerns, & shows an appropriate sense of humor, depending on the situation.
in St. Louis, MO |
Dr. Garrett is a great Dermatologist. She is calm, friendly and very knowledgeable. She takes the time to answer all my questions and never seems rushed. She takes the time to explain things to you, which if very helpful when you have a tendency to get anxious about new things on your skin. I would recommend her to anybody.
in Ballwin, MO |
I recommended Dr. Garrett to my wife and she made an appointment with her for December. I have found Dr. Garrett to be very knowledgeable and professional
Have you seen Dr. Andrea Garrett, MD?

Visit Dr. Garrett