Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Andre Cohen, MD
Dr. Andre Cohen, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Douglasville, GA. He is 45 years old and has been practicing for 16 years. Dr. Cohen is affiliated with Wellstar Douglas Hospital and Wellstar Cobb Hospital.

8841 Hospital Dr

Douglasville, GA 30134

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia

Learn about Dr. Cohen

See how frequently Dr. Cohen performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Chalazion
Eye Cancer
high
Benign Neoplasm of Eye
high

Dr. Cohen's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Cornea Surgery
  • Excision or Destruction of Lesion of Cornea
  • Eye Surgery
  • Repair of Eye Laceration

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Emory University
    Medical School | Graduated 2001

Dr. Cohen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cohen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cohen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cohen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cohen to family and friends
Dr. Cohen's Performance
in Marietta, GA |
I could not see at all before surgery. Dr. Cohen did a great job. I can see crystal clear the next morning when I woke up like i had not been able to see in 2 years. I cannot say enough about Marietta Eye Clinic.
in Marietta, GA |
I had an excellent experience at the surgery center from the front desk to the nurses from the time I checked in to when I was escorted out to the car. It’s been amazing! I have been nearsighted all of my life and with the cataracts my vision was cloudy. It is great to get up and not have to get glasses or contacts. Dr. Cohen is a miracle worker!
in Marietta, GA |
The surgical experience was very good. The staff and Dr. Cohen were very solicitous, caring, and pleasant. The whole experience was very pleasant. I am very excited because my vision improvement has been excellent. Colors are more vibrant. Signs are readable and clear. Overall a very good experience with very good results. It feels like I have new eyes!
in Marietta, GA |
Everyone is very helpful, friendly, and patient. My vision is much better thanks to all involved in the process. I appreciate Dr. Cohen's professionalism and courtesy.
in Marietta, GA |
I haven't been able to see out of my left eye adequately for as long as I can remember. I thought that i could be declared legally blind. Now I can see! It is amazing! It is absolutely amazing. I haven't been able to see out of it since I was a kid and now I am 73. The cataract surgery changed my vision!
in Marietta, GA |
I had cataract surgery with Dr. Cohen. The surgical procedure was a very good experience and the results were awesome!
in Marietta, GA |
It's like the world had been created again just for me! I didn't know it but before my cataract surgery everything was in monocolor. The one thing that surprised me most wasn't just the crisp focus but the brightness of the whites, purples, and blues. I like to dabble in art and there was no way I can do art without seeing the colors. I'm inspired to go finish a painting I was doing. Awesome is inadequate to describe it! Dr. Cohen gave me the enduring gift of eyesight.
in Marietta, GA |
My vision is 100% better. The colors are brighter! I can read and I can see street signs again. Before I could not see to drive. Everyone at the surgery center and the clinic has been awesome!
Marietta, GA |
For the last 10 years I've gone to several different doctors and they'd all tell me "Tommy at 78 years old no one is going to laser correct that eye. You'll have to wear contacts or glasses for the rest of your life." I girl at church told me I should go to Marietta Eye Clinic so I came and Dr. Cohen did PRK for me. Now I can read fine print without glasses.The staff could not have been friendlier. I am very happy with my result it is 50% better than I even expected!
in Marietta, GA |
I've been wearing glasses since I was 6 years old and I haven't been able to see without my glasses. I can now see everything so clear. I am a cabinet maker and now I can finally see every mark on my tape measure. I was looking out of the eye that I had surgery in and I can see every blade of grass. It's been amazing!
in Marietta, GA |
I had cataract surgery with Dr. Cohen. I had no pain from the surgery. I took Tylenol once after the surgery. I never had surgery so easy! My other experience was entirely different. I was going blind from a surgery I had elsewhere. It wouldn't heal. This one was a breeze. I would refer him to anyone before any other doctor!
in Marietta, GA |
The surgery was like clockwork. Much easier and not really nerve wracking. It went smoothly and uncomplicated. My vision now is amazing, It's more clear and bright. The colors are more vivid. I am so pleased to be able to see distance and read without glasses. It is exactly what I was hoping for!
in Marietta, GA |
The main thing I was concerned about is that I am allergic to everything. But Dr. Cohen has shown passion and concern for me. MEC has always been available. They always answered my phone calls and questions. My surgery was painless. I was afraid of seeing them work on me but it was over before I knew it. And now I am seeing 20/20!
Before I had my surgery, when I was on the phone I could not even see the number on the screen. Now I can! The staff has been superb. The highest you can rate!
in Marietta, GA |
The nurse did such a good job with my IV. The staff at the surgery center was awesome. No pain or discomfort whatsoever. I have 20/20 vision all because of my awesome doctor!
in Marietta, GA |
The care I received was fabulous. The outcome was a lot more than I expected. I recommend Dr. Cohen and his clinic to anyone.
in Marietta, GA |
I was nervous to have cataract surgery because I only have one good eye. Dr. Cohen and the whole office staff took time to explain the procedure and understood our fears. Everyone has been really nice. My vision ended up being 20/20. Today in the kitchen, things that I could not see across the room I could now see perfectly.
in Marietta, GA |
Cataract surgery with Dr. Cohen has been an amazing experience. The colors, the brightness, the clearness of everything is absolutely amazing. 24 hours ago I was using my glasses and today I haven't had them on all day. I've been on my computer and on my phone without glasses. No problem with the surgery. No pain. I would truly, highly recommend MEC to anybody that needs anything done with their eyes
in Marietta, GA |
Dr. Cohen is an exceptional surgeon and attending physician who genuinely cares for each patient and their particular needs. He is kind, a good listener, and an exceptional surgeon. My cataracts were successfully removed and now I am no longer wearing glasses! I cannot thank Dr. Cohen enough for positively impacting every day with my new excellent vision.
in Acworth Ga |
Great!!!! Very Happy with Dr Cohen and staff
in Marietta, GA |
I was nervous about the procedure but after all was said and done I shouldn't have been. At first it was a little uncomfortable but well worth it. To see blades of grass and strands of hair and read my iPhone in the middle of the night without glasses is wonderful. My vision is perfect!
in Marietta, GA |
I didn't have a clue that I had cataracts. Finding out I had them was a shock. The experience went much better than I expected. Even the recovery was much better than I expected. The staff was on point, helpful, friendly, made me feel comfortable. And wow! The difference in might right eye is amazing! I didn't realize how bad my vision was! Everything is so bright now. My vision is great now! I have no regrets. Dr. Cohen came highly recommended.
in Marietta, GA |
I would give Dr. Cohen 10 stars out of 5 if I could! I was leary of having surgery because I was afraid of the outcome and possible eye injuries. Now I see like I am 15 years old. I see 20/20! I can read signs see colors that I couldn't before. Now I can see how blue my wife's eyes are. It was a lot easier than I expected. The staff at the office and surgery center have been fantastic. They are courteous, kind, and professional. I would recommend Dr. Cohen to anybody!
in Marietta, GA |
I had cataract surgery 4/19. The whole entire staff at MEC including Dr. Cohen has been professional and courteous. I would recommend to family friends anyone. I came in for my recheck today my vision is 20/20 today and before I couldn't see the big E on the chart. They weren't even expecting the vision to be that good! I can't thank Dr. Cohen enough. He is awesome. When I get ready to do my other eye I will definitely be back.
Marietta, GA |
I had PRK with Dr. Cohen and it was probably one of the best decisions I have ever made.I can see without contacts and glasses!!! YAYYYYY!!! He really explain the procedure and the staff was really helpful.
in Marietta, GA |
The results of my surgery were better than expected and I have high standards! I am 100% satisfied. He is a great surgeon and a great guy too!
in Marietta, GA |
Everybody has been awesome from the douglasville office to the surgery center. I couldn't ask for better treatment. Before my cataract surgery, I couldn't see the cars in front of me on the road and after cataract surgery I read every street sign on my way home from surgery!
in Smyrna, Ga |
Having someone "sticking you in the eye" is not a comfortable thought. So, as are most new patients, I was apprehensive about having cataract surgery. In hindsight(no pun intended), the experience was much easier than I expected and virtually painless. The improvement in my sight is very significant, and I no longer need my glasses. As far as Dr Andre Cohen, simply stated, "seeing is believing" and he made it happen. Please thank him for me. Bill Talerico
in Marietta, GA |
My experiece has been effortless. Coming in and being able to find out that you can have laser assisted surgery. The most phenomenal part is when the goof juice wears off you can read without glasses or contacts. Dr. Cohen did that for me. I would recommend it to anyone I don't care how old you are. I feel very blessed.
in Marietta, GA |
I appreciate the way Dr. Cohen told my medications because I am a diabetic. It was the first time in many years that my BS was at a normal rate. It helped me not be afraid of the surgery. He works fast. He did a marvelous job on my eyes. It feels good out of 30 years to be able to read signs, look at a computer, and read a book without glasses. I am very, very pleased! He was an awesome!
in Marietta, GA |
Dr.Cohen was everything I excepted. Kind and caring, made me feel comfortable. He was also highly recommended which is why I chose him and I was not disappointed.
in Marietta, GA |
Long wait times. For simple procedures Dr Cohen is excellent. He is not comfortable with complex issues.
Have you seen Dr. Andre Cohen, MD?
Are you Dr. Cohen?