Allergy & Immunology  |
Dr. Ananth Thyagarajan, MD
Dr. Thyagarajan (or "Dr. T.") was born and raised in Cleveland, OH. He lived in northern VA during his residency. He practiced Allergy/Immunology in Richmond, VA for 5 years where he earned the esteemed honor of being named a Top Doc in 2014 and 2015. He and his family returned to the northern VA area in 2015. His interest in Allergy and Immunology stems from the science of the immune system and the ability to treat both adults and children. He has a special interest in environmental allergy, asthma and food allergy. He has numerous publications and abstracts in the fields of allergy and immunology. He has received awards in research, including the American Academy of Pediatrics Section on Allergy and Immunology Outstanding Abstract Award. His research has been selected to be presented at annual meetings of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. He also serves as a peer review editor for the International Archives of Allergy and Immunology. He has had the privilege of giving lectures to the Allergy and Asthma Society of Virginia, statewide pediatricians and nursing associations. His philosophy is to work with patients and their families in creating an effective and practical treatment regimen.

5210A Lyngate Ct

• Coventry Health Care of Virginia
  • Golden Rule
  • HealthSmart

Learn about Dr. Thyagarajan

He strongly believes that open and robust communication between patients and providers leads to better health outcomes. He is married with two young children. His family is excited to return to northern Virginia where there is a great combination of warm weather (compared to Ohio) and good people. When he is not working he enjoys spending time with his family, exercising and following his favorite sports teams.

Dr. Thyagarajan's Experience

Dr. Thyagarajan's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Allergy & Immunology

• Anaphylaxis
  • Angioedema
  • Animal Allergies
  • Asthma
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Bee Sting Allergy
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • Common Variable Immune Deficiency (CVID)
  • Contact Dermatitis
  • Cough
  • Dermatitis
  • Dermatitis Due to Food
  • Dermatitis Due to Substances Taken Internally
  • Dust Mite Allergy
  • Eye Infections
  • Food Allergy
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Hives

• Nebulizer Treatment
  • Patch Testing
  • Spirometry
  • Xolair® Therapy

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Kent State University, Kent, Oh
  • Children's National Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007
  • Duke University Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2010

Dr. Thyagarajan has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Thyagarajan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Thyagarajan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Thyagarajan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Thyagarajan to family and friends
Dr. Thyagarajan's Performance
in Burke, VA |
Very comprehensive test. Great care and feedback from all providers. Thanks
in Burke, VA |
Highly recommend Dr. Ananth Thyagarajan because of his extensive knowledge and really an exceptional care he gave to my two year old daughter. It is not often these days that you see a doctor who takes his time to listen to your story and give your child as much attention as he would give to his own kids. My daughter had a nasal congestion, hearing issues and sensitivities to certain foods. Dr. Thyagarajan addressed all concerns and gave suggestions that greatly improved her health.
in Alexandria, VA |
Top notch! Listened, asked questions, fully explained, recommended, and answered all questions. Staff is top notch as well. Very interested in helping people get better and working with you as opposed to telling you what you should choose. 5*
Washington, DC |
Although Dr. T is very knowledgeable, he listened to my daughter to better understand her experiences.
in Springfield, VA |
I have nothing but great things to say about Dr. Ananth Thyagarjan and his staff's professionalism and kindness. My favorite thing about Dr. T is that he does not use fear-based techniques to have unnecessary tests run. He approached my allergy concerns with an educated and scientific mindset. He is understanding, comforting, and extremely knowledgable. (I've copied and pasted my reviews to Yelp and other review websites to help others in their search for a fantastic allergist.)
in Arlington, VA |
I was disappointed with my experience with Dr. T. While he did seem very knowledgeable he was not very sensitive to my son who was very upset about the painful allergy testing. The nursing staff was amazing and were very sensitive. But, we were unable to complete the testing because my 4 year old has an extreme fear of needles. Dr. T told me I need to "just be a mom" and should hold him down and make him do the testing. I was disappointed with the extreme lack of sensitivity.
in Falls Church |
I visited Dr. Thyagarajan to determine if my skin rash (keratosis pilaris) could be related to a food or other type of allergy. He stated that he could perform many tests on this but he did not recommend this as the test results would be able to determine the precise cause of my rash. He was very candid and honest and could have recommended many tests just to make money but he did not. He explained everything in layman terms and I believe he is very smart and highly trustworthy.
in Alexandria, VA |
I had a great experience with Dr T. I would def recommend him to others.
in Dumfries, VA |
He listens to what the patients problem is before he asks any questions. He also takes notes as well as gave me step by step directions on how to treat my daughters dermatitis, without starting out on medication like other doctor's. Loved all the staff their!!!
in Burke, VA |
Excellent doc. Very easy to work with, and provided easy to understand answers to all my questions, no matter how trivial they were.
in Herndon, VA |
I had heard really good reviews about Dr. Thyagarajan and s o I scheduled an appointment. When I came in for my first appointment somehow it was not in the system. The way you and your team handled the situation and still did my diagnosis for allergies, made me realize that I was where I needed to be. I am so thankful for all of your help and I can say you and your team are a benchmark for a health care professional. Wishing you all a lot of happiness, success & health.
in Fairfax, VA |
Dr. T and his staff have provided wonderful service from the moment I made my first phone call. I have only been a patient for a few weeks but feel that this is the start of a great experience. Dr. T took all the time I needed to help educate me and make sure I was comfortable with our plan of attack to help combat the allergies. After my initial appointment, I received a call from the office letting me know that they were ready to begin my allergy shots and even set up text reminders!
in Fairfax, VA |
After only a few visits with Dr. Thyagarajan, I am already feeling better than I have in a long time. He was very knowledgeable and took the time to explain my options.
in springfield , Va |
I am so happy we found Dr.T for my son's food allergies . He is extremely knowledgable and passionate about his allergies . His staff is super friendly and efficient . I would highly recommend him.
in Richmond, VA |
Dr. T is just an all around excellent doctor. Compassionate, caring, smart, thorough, he took great care of my girls (each has food and environmental allergies) when he was here in Midlothian , VA. The girls loved and miss him. Highly recommended!
in Fairfax, VA |
Very affable, thorough, engaging, and communicative allergist with first-rate reception and nursing staff. Front office space is a little cramped, but waiting times are short, making the overall experience superior to most doctor office visits.
Have you seen Dr. Ananth Thyagarajan, MD?
Are you Dr. Thyagarajan?