Dr. Amy Strickland, MD

Dr. Amy Strickland, MD

Gastroenterology  |
Female
Dr. Amy Strickland, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Saint Petersburg, FL. She has been practicing for 11 years. Dr. Strickland is affiliated with Saint Anthony's Hospital and Bayfront Medical Center.

620 10th St N Ste 3B

Saint Petersburg, FL 33705

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Strickland

See how frequently Dr. Strickland performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Abdominal Disorders
Gastrointestinal Diseases
Abdominal Pain

Dr. Strickland's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Gastroenterology

• Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Vomiting Disorders

• Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Bile Duct Procedure
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Liver Biopsy

• G Washington Univ Sch Med & Hlth Sci
    Medical School | Graduated 2006

Dr. Strickland has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Strickland does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Strickland and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Strickland's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Strickland to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Strickland's Performance
St Petersburg, FL |
Endoscopy. POOR from start to finish with this Dr, her office staff & nurse. Major effort to sched initial appt. Dr had minimal time and interest in me and meds oriented. Did not follow up with results, insight, treatment options. Nurse left me VM with results/instructions - continue to take meds; call with Q's. I called with Q's and this was clearly annoying to her. Since, request(s) for copy of report have been ignored. Almost 3 weeks later, primary care Dr does not have it either.
Tampa, FL |
Very positive experience. Nothing but good things to say. Have seen other gastroenterologists in the past and she is by far the best in regards to knowledge and bedside manner.
St Petersburg, FL |
I went to her with the understanding she was going to help with my health issues. Man was I surprised. I have a liver disease and she is not even concerned about it at all. She wants to put me on a medicine that is not FDA approved it has to be gotten out of Canada. Oh and if you have a liver disease you can not take it at all. So is this a doctor you would trust with your health???
Newark, NJ |
When it comes to communication she is at the top of the heap! She takes her time explaining things - even sketched a drawing explaining what she was talking about and listened to me. Although I know she is busy she did not seem rushed at all
in Seminole, FL |
Dr. Strickland's friendly manner put me at ease right away. She spent much time listening to me and questioning me about my condition. She had actually reviewed my info before seeing me for the first time and knew why I was there. Her knowledge of my particular problem was right on target and she had valid suggestions to make. She impressed me a great deal with the time she spent and the care she expressed. I'm glad I found her!
in Tarpon Springs FL |
I was treated by Dr. Strickland for a routine Colonoscopy. She was very nice and her and the staff at St. Anthony's where it was done went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable.
in St Petersburg, FL |
Told her about my symptoms and she said I needed to see a psychologist or psychiatrist. I had read a lot of sites previously to visiting her concerning bad gastro doctors who could not come up with a diagnosis and would recommend a psychiatrist. I didn't think it was possible that I had actually gone to one of these amateur doctors. She's good at looking the part of doctor. That's about it. She looks smart and refined but she is not what her appearance seems to convey.
in St Petersburg, FL |
Would never recommend. She did an endoscopy and colonoscopy, I suffer greatly from symptoms lots of pain and swelling of the digestive area. After the procedures I really thought her office would call to discuss what I could do next since the procedures showed nothing. When I told her Nurse, the reply was well if you have pain just go to the emergency room. She does not know how to solve or move to next option.
in Saint Petersburg, FL |
This was my third colonoscopy at three different centers. It is by far, the best experience I have had. Dr Strickland and staff were professional, caring and empathetic. Pre procedure contact with office was efficient, I was processed on time and in a timely manner. Techs and nurses were fabulous. I would highly recommend Dr Strickland.
in Saint Petersburg, FL |
I was appalled at this process at Dr Strickland's office! So, here's the big problem. I would not schedule a procedure with a gastroenterologist until I had first discussed my problems about what was going on with my body with that Doctor. Dr Strickland asks that your primary care Doctor relay to her what seems to be going on and what tests might be needed. No! I want to discuss first with the gasterenterologist, the specialist that deals with the digestive system, and then go from there.
Have you seen Dr. Amy Strickland, MD?
Are you Dr. Strickland?