Dr. Amy Strickland, MD

Gastroenterology | Female

Dr. Amy Strickland, MD
Dr. Amy Strickland, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Saint Petersburg, FL. She has been practicing for 11 years. Dr. Strickland is affiliated with Bayfront Medical Center and Saint Anthony's Hospital.

Dr. Strickland's Experience

See how Dr. Strickland's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Strickland

Dr. Strickland accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Strickland has admitting privileges.

Dr. Strickland's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Strickland to family and friends
    3.9
    Dr. Strickland's Performance
    Wesley Chapel, FL |
    All around great doctor! Fabulous experience from beginning to end
    St Petersburg, FL |
    I went to her with the understanding she was going to help with my health issues. Man was I surprised. I have a liver disease and she is not even concerned about it at all. She wants to put me on a medicine that is not FDA approved it has to be gotten out of Canada. Oh and if you have a liver disease you can not take it at all. So is this a doctor you would trust with your health???
    Newark, NJ |
    When it comes to communication she is at the top of the heap! She takes her time explaining things - even sketched a drawing explaining what she was talking about and listened to me. Although I know she is busy she did not seem rushed at all
    in Seminole, FL |
    Dr. Strickland's friendly manner put me at ease right away. She spent much time listening to me and questioning me about my condition. She had actually reviewed my info before seeing me for the first time and knew why I was there. Her knowledge of my particular problem was right on target and she had valid suggestions to make. She impressed me a great deal with the time she spent and the care she expressed. I'm glad I found her!
    in Tarpon Springs FL |
    I was treated by Dr. Strickland for a routine Colonoscopy. She was very nice and her and the staff at St. Anthony's where it was done went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable.
    in St Petersburg, FL |
    Told her about my symptoms and she said I needed to see a psychologist or psychiatrist. I had read a lot of sites previously to visiting her concerning bad gastro doctors who could not come up with a diagnosis and would recommend a psychiatrist. I didn't think it was possible that I had actually gone to one of these amateur doctors. She's good at looking the part of doctor. That's about it. She looks smart and refined but she is not what her appearance seems to convey.
    in St Petersburg, FL |
    Would never recommend. She did an endoscopy and colonoscopy, I suffer greatly from symptoms lots of pain and swelling of the digestive area. After the procedures I really thought her office would call to discuss what I could do next since the procedures showed nothing. When I told her Nurse, the reply was well if you have pain just go to the emergency room. She does not know how to solve or move to next option.
    in Saint Petersburg, FL |
    This was my third colonoscopy at three different centers. It is by far, the best experience I have had. Dr Strickland and staff were professional, caring and empathetic. Pre procedure contact with office was efficient, I was processed on time and in a timely manner. Techs and nurses were fabulous. I would highly recommend Dr Strickland.
    in Saint Petersburg, FL |
    I was appalled at this process at Dr Strickland's office! So, here's the big problem. I would not schedule a procedure with a gastroenterologist until I had first discussed my problems about what was going on with my body with that Doctor. Dr Strickland asks that your primary care Doctor relay to her what seems to be going on and what tests might be needed. No! I want to discuss first with the gasterenterologist, the specialist that deals with the digestive system, and then go from there.
    Have you seen Dr. Amy Strickland, MD?
    Are you Dr. Strickland?

Dr. Strickland's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gastroenterology
    •  Board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine

Dr. Strickland has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Strickland's Board Certifications

• Gallstones
    • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
    • Gastric Ulcer
    • Gastritis
    • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
    • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
    • Viral Hepatitis
    • Vomiting Disorders

G WASHINGTON UNIV SCH MED & HLTH SCI

Graduated in 2006

Dr. Strickland does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Strickland and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gastroenterology

• Bile Duct Procedure
    • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
    • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
    • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
    • Gastroenterology Procedures