Dr. Amy Sorrells, MD

Dr. Amy Sorrells, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology  |

Dr. Amy Sorrells, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology doctor who practices in Shawnee, KS. She is 40 years old. Read her story

Learn about Dr. Sorrells

Video

See how frequently Dr. Sorrells performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Perimenopause
Symptomatic Menopause
Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)

Dr. Sorrells's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Sorrells' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Sorrells "Amy Sorrells, MD, FACOG is a board-certified OB/GYN who has served the Kansas City area for nearly five years. Dr. Sorrells has special clinical interests in the areas of single incision total laparoscopic hysterectomy, minimally invasive surgery, bio-identical hormone replacement, surgical treatment of stress urinary incontinence, high-risk obstetrics, cervical cancer screening, and contraception. She is a fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecologists, and a member of the American Medical Association, Kansas Medical Society, and the Medical Society of Johnson and Wyandotte Counties. Dr. Sorrells received her medical degree from The University of Texas Health Sciences Center San Antonio and completed her residency at the University of South Florida."

This content was provided by Dr. Sorrells ""Treat your patients as you would want to be treated" is the philosophy stressed at Mirabile M.D. Empower women to make healthy decisions both in preventative care and treatment choices. Add to the discipline of medicine with complementary therapy to treat the whole woman."

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Genitourinary Tract Infections in Pregnancy
  • Gestational Diabetes
  • Gonorrhea Infections
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hemorrhage from Placenta Previa
  • Intrauterine Growth Restriction
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menopause
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Preeclampsia
  • Pregestational Diabetes Mellitus
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause

• C-Section
  • Colpopexy
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Tubal Ligation
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Vaginal Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kansas.

• University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
    Medical School | Graduated
  • University of South Florida

Dr. Sorrells has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sorrells does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sorrells and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sorrells' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sorrells to family and friends
Dr. Sorrells' Performance
in Shawnee, KS |
My first visit to Dr Sorrells' office was a very pleasant experience. The office staff was very helpful, and Dr Sorrells was very thorough in her explanation of everything. I left with no questions unanswered. I wish that I had found Dr Sorrells much sooner!
in St Marys, KS |
Dr. Sorrells is the best! Very positive, caring, and knowledgeable - very personable, and very patient with all my questions which she answered fully! Saw her for post-menopausal issues and because she uses bio-identical hormones when needed. I highly recommend her and am so happy that I found her!
Overland Park, KS |
I've been going to Dr. Sorrells for 7 years. She is so friendly and makes you feel comfortable the minute she walks in the exam room. She delivered my first child and will be delivering my second in the spring. I would highly recommend her as she is knowledgeable and professional.
Kansas City, KS |
I absolutely love Dr Sorrells. Her sense of humor & relaxed bed-side manner really put me at ease through a lot of pregnancy complications (including an emergency c-section) and I trusted her fully to have my & my baby's best interest in mind. If you are looking for an OB, I strongly recommend her!!
in Shawnee, KS |
Dr. Sorrells really listens to what you say. I had gone to 3 doctors prior to Dr. Sorrells. After my first appointment with her, I knew I'd stick with her. She listened to everything I said. She truly cares about her patients and to top it off, she is so personable! I have never felt uncomfortable in her office. Thank you Dr. Sorrells for all your help!
Overland Park, KS |
I am past childbearing age. Dr. Sorrrells helps me to navigate menopause. I have benefited from HRT that is adjusted based on my feedback and hormone levels. My bone density reports have improved from treatment. When there have been medical conditions occurring the pro and cons for my care are discussed with questions answered and my preferences that even into account. I highly recommend..
in Edgerton, KS |
Dr. Sorrells is great she took the time to set down and talk to me and listen to all my concerns. I so grateful to finally found a gyno that cared.
Dr. Sorrell's is very good at making her patients feel comfortable and always takes the time to answer any and all questions I have. I have always been made to feel like I am cared for as a patient.
in Platte City, Mo |
Meeting Dr. Sorrells for the first time made me feel so comfortable having her as my new provider. She understands and is very knowledgeable with prescribing biodentical hormones. I hope she doesn't go anywhere as I have had 3 providers leave in the last 2.5 years. I'm happy to report my oldest daughter also sees Dr.Sorrells and also raves about her!
in Olathe, KS |
I had a lot of gynecological health problems when I started seeing Dr. Sorrells. She was the third OB-GYN I had gone to. She really listens to her patients and knows what she is doing. She was sympathetic to the fact that I wasn't ready to have a total hysterectomy as had been previously suggested. If, and when, I am ready to take that step I completely trust her to perform the procedure and any post care needs. Also, office staff is amazing, especially, the Gail and the other girls up front!
in Cleveland, MO. |
I can't explained how happy I am with Dr. Sorrells. She has been my OB Dr. For the last 6 years and I would not ever want to see another Dr. She always takes her time and explained everything so I understand she is never rushed and I always leave her office knowing I received the best care from her and her staff.
Dr. Amy Sorrells is an amazing doctor. I love the fact that she allows me to bring my young children with me when coming in for a prenatal visit. Not only that but she really takes the time to listen to the patient and address all of the concerns and answers any questions you may have. I believe from my past experience with other doctor's it was horrible and with Dr. Sorrells it's amazing experience. I would recommend her for anyone and everyone know. I plan to continue with her afterwards.
in Olathe, KS |
Amy is so great! I get my annual check-ups with her. She makes you feel so comfortable and at ease. The office staff is always professional and very friendly. I am always in and out which seems to be rare at other doctors offices.
in Kansas City, KS |
Dr Sorrells really took the time to listen to me andexplained everything in terms that I understood.
Shawnee, KS |
Dr. Sorrells is absolutely amazing! I've been a patient for quite a few years, and intend to remain a patient. She listens to concerns, asks appropriate questions, makes recommendations based upon our mutual agreement, and makes every patient feel comfortable and welcome at every appointment. She provided excellent prenatal care, and I firmly believe that my easy, non-chaotic delivery in 2015 was due to her unwavering attention to our needs, and openness to how we wanted the experience to go.
in Weston, MO |
Dr. Sorrells is a great doctor! She has been helping me with my menopausal issues for the last 4 years. I use Bio-Identical Hormones and she really knows her stuff. Highly recommended!
in Merriam, ks |
I love her! She's a ball of energy and I always look forward to seeing her.
Have you seen Dr. Amy Sorrells, MD?
Are you Dr. Sorrells?

Visit Dr. Sorrells

Dr. Sorrells accepts 42 insurance carriers
    Aetna POS
    Aetna PPO
    National Advantage
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Beech Street (Multiplan) PPO
  • Cenpatico Behavioral Health
    Cigna POS
  • Comp Choice
    Comp Results
  • Compassionate Care Network (CCN)
    Compassionate Care Network (CCN) PPO

Hospitals where Dr. Sorrells has admitting privileges

Overland Park Regional Medical Center
10500 Quivira Rd
Overland Park, KS 66215

More Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists like Dr. Sorrells at Specialists in Womens Care

Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialist