Dr. Amy Illescas, MD

Dr. Amy Illescas, MD

Internal Medicine | Female

SOUTHERN CARE INTERNAL MEDICINE 2827 Greystone Commercial Blvd # 2B Birmingham, AL 35242 Get Directions

Dr. Amy Illescas, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Birmingham, AL. She is 44 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Dr. Illescas is affiliated with Grandview Medical Center.

Dr. Illescas' Experience

See how Dr. Illescas' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Illescas

Dr. Illescas accepts 12 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Illescas has admitting privileges.

Dr. Illescas' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Illescas to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Illescas' Performance
Alabama |
Staff is very rude, I was a new patient and was not told they did not accept checks. I didn't have another form of payment and the front desk asked the manager and they said no. I understand why but when I said they should let new patients know the policy they said they have NEVER had a problem before that everyone has a second form of payment. They were rude and not professional. Maybe the doctor is professional but her staff is not..
in Birmingham, AL |
I drive 30 miles, bypassing thousands of other doctors because Dr. Illescas is amazing! The staff is always helpful and if they make a mistake they immediately make it right. Dr. Illescas is always upbeat and friendly. She makes your appointment feel like you're hanging out with a friend.
in Birmingham, AL |
Dr. Illescas is very thorough! She cares about her patients. She and her staff listen to concerns and diagnose the real issues. Dr. Illescas and her staff is friendly and helpful and when I need an nurse I rarely have to leave a message.
Birmingham, AL |
This practice is great until you have a problem. Her admin staff is absolutely horrible. One of her staff made a grievous error and instead of taking responsibility, they lied. Actually LIED. That is dangerous and unethical. I was shocked at the lack of professionalism. My family obviously valued our relationship with Dr. Illescas much more than she and her staff valued us.
Birmingham, AL |
Very long wait time to see the doctor once inside the exam room!!!!!!!!!! I would not recommend this practice if you have somewhere else to be that day. If you have time to waste sitting around for a long period of time, this is the place for you.
in Birmingham, AL |
Dt Illescas is a wonderful doctor. She truly cares about her patients and is very attentive & caring! My family has used her for years & her front staff always works hard to get us an appointment, in a timely manner. I would NOT go anywhere else. They are like family!
in birmingham, al |
I had an excellent experience. She's swift, as most GPs are, but took the time to show me my xray and address all my concerns. I had only pleasant interactions with all staff.
in Birmingham, AL |
Staff very rude and when I mentioned that to Dr. Bentley, she informed me that I could go elsewhere. I responded, yes I can and I got up and left. I would not recommend this practice to anyone.
in Birmingham, AL |
I have been using "Dr. Amy" for several years. She always takes the time to take good care of me and to explain anything that I might not understand. Her staff members are both competent and friendly. This is a great place to trust with your medical care!
in Columbiana, AL |
I have been seeing her since she began her practice. She listens and responds even if she has to send you to a specialist!
in Homewood, AL |
I've never experienced anything quite like this place. Dr. Bentley and her staff are just downright rude! Despite my every effort to be open and friendly, they became very argumentative when I questioned, not the why, but "what" a particular test was for. Everytime I've visited them they repeat the same tests, some that have nothing to do why I'm there, and they tell me insurance would cover when they haven't because the test had already been performed within too short a time frame!
Inverness, AL |
I was in room and actually overheard loud arguing between Dr. and someone, the Dr. was yelling. Then staff came in my room to take BP and I mentioned the yelling and was told the Dr. was having a bad day. It was so unprofessional because I can't imagine being verbally flogged within earshot of coworkers and patients. I've worked in healthcare for years and have never heard a Dr. go off on someone like that. This was obnoxious behavior from a professional.
in Hoover, AL |
Long LONG wait times. I had a 7:45AM appointment and didn't get out until 10:00. Saw the Dr for a total of 2 minutes. They had a new system and I had to answer all the questions again so they could enter them in the system. Medical and family history, current prescriptions, allergies.... They have timers on all the exam room doors and they keep loudly beeping. They just reset them and in 10 minutes they all beep again. Over-scheduled, and it's like an assembly line. I just need refills!!
in Birmingham , Al |
I have been seeing Doctor Bently since 2011. I was referred to her by another doctor. There hasn't been one time that I have called and she hasn't worked me in with little to no wait time. This doctor I recommend all the time and have referred many of my friends! She is great, she listens and truly cares. She takes the time with you and doesn't run in and run out on you. She is not just a doctor.I consider her a friend with awesome medical knowledge. You can truly depend on her! The staff is #1!
She is the most caring physician I have ever encountered! I highly recommend!!
in Birmingham AL |
I would rate no stars if possible. I saw Dr. Bentley back I 2013 one time. Just recently my ob gyn wanted to refer me to her office. When I called I was told that because I had never paid a $35 co pay back in 2013 they would not schedule appointments for me EVER. I even offered to pay the balance but the staff member insisted she had already cleared it with tjhe dr. It almost sounds like s personal problem exists between us except that I saw her once. I recommend finding another dr. !!!!!!!!!
in Helena AL |
I was referred to her by another friend who just got done using her. I called and stated I really needed to be seen soon, and they told me to just walk in and they'd accomadate. I waited after filling out new patient paperwork maybe 5 minutes, within 15 mins I was seen by Dr. Illescas. When I met her, she was very friendly, honest, and quick to answer my concerns. We came to a quick resolution and I was in and out, new patient, within 30 minutes total. Thats unheard of at doctors offices!
Have you seen Dr. Amy Illescas, MD?
Are you Dr. Illescas?

Compare Dr. Illescas

Dr. Illescas' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine
  •  Malpractice claims in Alabama not available

Dr. Illescas has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

Why It Matters: Dr. Illescas' Board Certifications

• Ankle Fracture
  • Ankle Injury
  • Arthritis of the Foot
  • Asthma
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Back Disorders
  • Carpal Fractures
  • Chronic Diseases
  • Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
  • Foot and Ankle Disorders
  • HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
  • Hair Loss
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hemorrhoids
  • High Cholesterol
  • Hormone Imbalance
  • Pediatric Attention Deficit (ADD)
  • Pelvic Pain
  • Work-Related Injuries
  • Wrist Disorders

University of Alabama At Birmingham

Graduated in 1999

Dr. Illescas does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Illescas and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• ADHD Testing