Pediatric Endocrinology  |
Dr. Amy Burton, MD
Dr. Amy Burton, MD is a pediatric endocrinology doctor who practices in Plano, TX. She is 39 years old and has been practicing for 13 years. Dr. Burton is affiliated with Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano.

6124 W Parker Rd Ste 330

• HealthPlus
  • HealthSmart
  • inHealth

Learn about Dr. Burton

See how frequently Dr. Burton performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hypopituitarism
Growth Hormone Deficiency
Short Stature

Dr. Burton's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Pediatric Endocrinology

• Abnormal Thyroid
  • Acromegaly and Gigantism
  • Addison's Disease
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Constitutional Growth Delay
  • Hyperthyroidism
  • Hypopituitarism
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Panhypopituitarism

Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University Of Alabama At Birmingham
  • Children's Hospital Of Alabama
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2010

Dr. Burton has no media or publications listed.

• Malayalam

Dr. Burton does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Burton and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Burton's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Burton to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Burton's Performance
Reston, VA |
While visiting my family, my 3 year old was unexpectedly diagnosed with t1d. Dr. Burton and Deborah, her diabetic educator, took us under their wings and helped get my daughter to a stable condition so we could safely get her back to VA and get a doctor. Deborah has been there for me no matter how silly my questions. I wouldn't be where I am with my daughter right now if not for their care and help.
in Plano, TX |
I would like to thank Dr. Burton and her staff for a overall great experience with my son's treatment. The front desk staff is very professional, polite and respectful. The nursing staff is knowledgeable and extremely helpful with any question I have had. Dr. Burton has been spot on with her treatment and the treatment plan.
in Allen |
Our youngest is a T1D and we love Dr Burton and her staff. I highly recommend her.
Kansas City, KS |
For a Pediatrics office, the staff is really rude and not friendly with children. They do not follow up for test results either. I was very surprised with the staff attitudes and professionalism. Not going there again.
Plano, TX |
Lady at front desk is rude. They just sent me a bill of $25 without even confirming the appointment.
in Frisco, TX |
She's impressively thorough! It's always a blessing to find a doctor that takes the time (and considers all options) when it comes to helping your child.
Sherman, TX |
Dr. Burton and her staff are phenomenal! She has been seeing my daughter for over five years, and the level of empathy she has for the psychological processes that my child is going through with her disease simply cannot be replicated. She and her nurse, Stephanie, always seem to remember details about my child's activities and they make sure to ask her about them at every visit - our experience has been very personal. Professional, knowledgeable, considerate...the list could go on and on.
Dr. Burton is an amazing, caring and thorough doctor. She thinks outside the box and runs tests that most doctors do not because she is well-versed in current research.
in Mckinney, TX |
Dr Burton cares about her patients and their individual their experience. She personalizes her treatment approaches based on the needs and goals of her patients and involves both the patient and the parents in the treatment program. Although many of the medical issues she deals with are very complex she is able to explain things in a very simple straight forward way that is easy to understand . She is everything you want in a Doctor, knowledgeable,caring, and empathetic ! We love her ...:)
Dr. Burton is an amazing , caring Doctor. She is very knowledgeable and personable. I drive 45 min. So my Daughter will be seen by her. My daughter has a rare childhood condition and she knew immediately what to do to help her. I would not go any where else. I have been going to her for years.
in Rowlett, TX |
Dr. Burton is nothing short of an ANGEL on earth! Great with kiddos, understanding of moms and dads and their worries. Patient, kind, and so very knowledgeable. She has taken such great care of all of my sons, and her staff is about as efficient and professional as you can get. I can't say enough good things about this team!
Dallas, TX |
Dr. Burton is very uncaring, and have no sympathy for anyone. I took my teenage daughter to her office to find out why she was gaining weight and Dr. Burton made he feel so bad about herself. Dr. Burton has no labs follow up procedures in place. It took us 5 weeks to find out that our daughter's lab specimen was misplaced. When we told her that our daughter is now in the hospital, her first response was "don't blame me". We don't need doctors like this in the profession.
I am very sorry that your experience with me left you and your daughter feeling this way. I can tell you that my passion is helping children and their families empower themselves in their healthcare. Much of my training was spent in teaching others how to approach children and families about weight loss while involving them to create healthy change. Due to the outside lab losing this blood sample, we have since cut off our relationship with this lab and did everything we could to correct this.
Have you seen Dr. Amy Burton, MD?

Visit Dr. Burton