Dr. Amy Burke, MD

66 reviews

Sunrise Medical Group

3065 Southwestern Blvd Ste 102

Orchard Park, NY 14127

• Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • EBS-RMSCO
  • EmblemHealth
  • Fidelis Care
  • Independent Health
  • MVP Health Care

Learn about Dr. Burke

Dr. Burke's Experience

Dr. Burke's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

• Family Practice
    Accredited by: American Board of Family Medicine*

No malpractice history found for New York.

• University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2005
  • St. Joseph's Hospital Health Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008

Dr. Burke has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Burke does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Burke and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Burke's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Burke to family and friends
2.6
Dr. Burke's Performance
Buffalo, NY |
I wish I would've read these reviews prior to listing this doctor as my PCP. Based upon my experience I can say they are unprofessional. During my last visit, while I was telling the PA about my problem, she got up and left the room half way through my conversation and left the door open of course while I was in my gown. Two days after I made a complaint with my insurance company about this incident I received a letter stating that they were dropping me as a patient. No apology from them.
Stay far, far away from this practice and any Doctor involved in this practice! The front staff is awful and so mean!! I waited for over an hour in the waiting room, ALONE - no other patients in/out. Then 30 minutes in the back for a 10 minute physical. The PA rushed through it, did not explain anything. Then sent me for ultrasounds...no call back 4 results. When I called for results, since no one called, the woman answering the phones was very rude!! And of course, missed something on my scans!
in Orchard Park, NY |
Can make an appointment efficiently. Waiting time in the office is minimal. Staff is efficient. Had difficulty with my insurance company to cover preventative care for routine lab work. Brittany is outstanding. She went above and beyond to try to rectify the situation. Never felt like I was bothering her with my request.
orchard park, ny |
Dr. Burke and her staff are kind, friendly and smart! I really appreciate the inviting, open atmosphere—I can be completely honest and it will be received with understanding, compassion, and without judgement. They answer all my questions (though I need to write them down otherwise we get talking and I forget what I wanted to ask!) and give thorough explanations when asked. Wait times are reasonable and they are fantastic about squeezing us in immediately for sick appointments.
East Aurora, NY |
I found the office very unprofessional the girls in there look at you like you lower class. Would not recommend this office
Hamburg, NY |
Always a 60-90 minute visit regardless of how quick the visit is. When I finally see the doctor, she rushes through like being in the room with me is a hastle. Also, referrals to insurance companies get losed in the shuffle and take longer than they need.
Buffalo, NY |
Dr Burke talks over you and refuses to listen to previous issues to connect all the puzzle pieces together. I felt like I was on trial and basically lying about my health issues because, "i'm young, and it shouldn't take this long to heal and get better."
in Hamburg, NY |
The desk staff is always rude in person and on the phone. I've been going to this office for 1 year but would rather be seen by a child playing doctor at this point. You never actually see Dr. Burke and the PAs don't listen to you and act like there's nothing wrong with you. On the two occasions I was actually sick I waited 2 weeks to even make an appointment and was then advised to wait another 2 weeks to see if it went away. One landed me in the ER and in physical therapy. Avoid this office
Orchard Park, NY |
Thought she was good at first. Quickly followed by total lack of interest. Office is poorly run. Nasty unhelpful staff. Sent me a obnoxious childish letter telling me that if I don't reschedule a cancelled appointment within 30 days she will "terminate me" as a patient! Forwarded her letter to NY med board and independent health. Avoid.
in East Aurora, NY |
Dr. Burke has always been very caring with my whole family. The staff has been accommodating. The PAs have done a great job as well. She isn't all-business, which might bother some people, but I have never seen her be rude or uncaring. She has spent a lot of time with me--more than other doctors. I've been with her for a few years and really trust her.
Hamburg NY |
Dr Burkes office is very poorly run. The last straw was when the office mixed up myself and one of my family members and then had the audacity to argue with my elderly family member about it. Subsequently, we both left the practice. No apologies or a phone call from the doctor! Not a good place to go .
in Hamburg Ny |
I have been experiencing being tired, thirsty and many vaginal infections. ..Dr. Burke blew me off and told me to lose weight. ...really? I finally went to another doctor who diagnosed me with Type 1 diabetes. ..Thanks Dr. Burke for not caring enough. ..... You need to find a new profession.....
Buffalo, NY |
very nice first couple times but over time not so caring at first i thought she was having a bad day. Reality if you need a yearly check up and nothing is wrong then ok . But if you have unexplained symptoms she wont help you fig it out and if you challange her with questions she gets pissed off.
in Orchard Park, NY |
What a horrible dr's office. The staff is rude and they don't really care about the patients. I saw Jessica the PA and on the summary it said she told me a whole bunch of things that never happened. I've never had a doctor's office out and out lie like that before. They charged me for record transfer ( I have never had to pay for a transfer of records from one doctor to another) and order unnecessary tests. They are just out to get your money.
in Buffalo, NY |
Saw Dr Burke for close to 2 years. For the first year she was fantastic...concerned, compassionate, thorough. After that, my experiences progressively went down hill. Office staff including physician assistant rude, robotic and know it alls (with the exception of one nurse). I have worked along side physicians and ancillary professionals and staff for over 25 years and I have never encountered ANY office and service such as Dr Burkes'. Attitude stinks n so does care.
Orchard Park NY |
I've had nothing but problems with this office. She is not a very good practitioner. She listened to my heart on the WRONG side and her physical exams are not comprehensive, nothing like I've had at other practices. Please do yourself a favor and look into someone else.
Lancaster, NY |
I love Dr. Burke. You can tell she really cares about her patients. Yes, the wait time can be longer at times but that's because she spends enough time with you. The office staff is always so friendly and helpful. I can always get a sick visit the same day. I love her
Buffalo, Ny |
She is rude and does not listen to you. She is always right no matter what. The office staff is nasty and the wait is always along time. STAY AWAY!!
in Orchard Park, NY |
I found the staff to be friendly. I am able to get in as needed without waiting for months for an appointment. They were thorough, did not dismiss any of my concerns and worked with me. Never felt rushed. They spent all the time needed with me.
in Hamburg, NY |
Dr. Burke and her staff were very unprofessional. The staff can be very rude. I waited almost an hour in the waiting room. then after I told the nurse i just had back surgery and could not be bending down Dr. Burke came in the room yelling at me that she doesn't have time for this they are very busy and if I didn't put the gown on I could leave...well I told her she was fired and walked out...her staff told me just ignore her Obviously she has some issues and took it out on me.
in Buffalo, NY |
Whenever I visit, I end up waiting a long time in the waiting room, only to wait even longer once I am in the exam room. Sure, she spends a good deal of time with you once she sees you, but it will take forever to reach that point. The staff is not always that friendly and can feel judgmental. On more than one occasion, I have felt like they are talking down to me. Also, it is somewhat hit or miss if they will call you back when they say they will.
in Hamburg, NY |
EVERY. SINGLE.TIME that myself or my husband have gone in, we have waited over an hour just to be called back. I understand you may be busy, but my time is valuable too. What good is an appointment time if I feel like there is no rush to get to me? If I was late, I'd be charged....the same should apply for doctors. For this reason alone, we are now in the process of finding a new provider.
Have you seen Dr. Amy Burke, MD?
Are you Dr. Burke?

Visit Dr. Burke

Dr. Burke accepts 17 insurance carriers
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
    Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO