Dr. Amy J. Burke, MD

Family Medicine | Female | 48 years old

Sunrise Medical Group
3065 Southwestern Blvd Ste 102
Orchard Park, NY 14127 Get Directions

Dr. Burke specializes in Family Medicine and practices in Orchard Park, NY. She practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Burke? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Burke's Experience

See how Dr. Burke's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Burke

Dr. Burke accepts 17 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Burke has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Burke
Dr. Burke's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (53)
Orchard Park, NY |
Thought she was good at first. Quickly followed by total lack of interest. Office is poorly run. Nasty unhelpful staff. Sent me a obnoxious childish letter telling me that if I don't reschedule a cancelled appointment within 30 days she will "terminate me" as a patient! Forwarded her letter to NY med board and independent health. Avoid.
in East Aurora, NY |
Dr. Burke has always been very caring with my whole family. The staff has been accommodating. The PAs have done a great job as well. She isn't all-business, which might bother some people, but I have never seen her be rude or uncaring. She has spent a lot of time with me--more than other doctors. I've been with her for a few years and really trust her.
Hamburg NY |
Dr Burkes office is very poorly run. The last straw was when the office mixed up myself and one of my family members and then had the audacity to argue with my elderly family member about it. Subsequently, we both left the practice. No apologies or a phone call from the doctor! Not a good place to go .
in Hamburg Ny |
I have been experiencing being tired, thirsty and many vaginal infections. ..Dr. Burke blew me off and told me to lose weight. ...really? I finally went to another doctor who diagnosed me with Type 1 diabetes. ..Thanks Dr. Burke for not caring enough. ..... You need to find a new profession.....
Buffalo, NY |
very nice first couple times but over time not so caring at first i thought she was having a bad day. Reality if you need a yearly check up and nothing is wrong then ok . But if you have unexplained symptoms she wont help you fig it out and if you challange her with questions she gets pissed off.
in Orchard Park, NY |
What a horrible dr's office. The staff is rude and they don't really care about the patients. I saw Jessica the PA and on the summary it said she told me a whole bunch of things that never happened. I've never had a doctor's office out and out lie like that before. They charged me for record transfer ( I have never had to pay for a transfer of records from one doctor to another) and order unnecessary tests. They are just out to get your money.
in Buffalo, NY |
Saw Dr Burke for close to 2 years. For the first year she was fantastic...concerned, compassionate, thorough. After that, my experiences progressively went down hill. Office staff including physician assistant rude, robotic and know it alls (with the exception of one nurse). I have worked along side physicians and ancillary professionals and staff for over 25 years and I have never encountered ANY office and service such as Dr Burkes'. Attitude stinks n so does care.
Orchard Park NY |
I've had nothing but problems with this office. She is not a very good practitioner. She listened to my heart on the WRONG side and her physical exams are not comprehensive, nothing like I've had at other practices. Please do yourself a favor and look into someone else.
Lancaster, NY |
I love Dr. Burke. You can tell she really cares about her patients. Yes, the wait time can be longer at times but that's because she spends enough time with you. The office staff is always so friendly and helpful. I can always get a sick visit the same day. I love her
Buffalo, Ny |
She is rude and does not listen to you. She is always right no matter what. The office staff is nasty and the wait is always along time. STAY AWAY!!
in Orchard Park, NY |
I found the staff to be friendly. I am able to get in as needed without waiting for months for an appointment. They were thorough, did not dismiss any of my concerns and worked with me. Never felt rushed. They spent all the time needed with me.
in Hamburg, NY |
Dr. Burke and her staff were very unprofessional. The staff can be very rude. I waited almost an hour in the waiting room. then after I told the nurse i just had back surgery and could not be bending down Dr. Burke came in the room yelling at me that she doesn't have time for this they are very busy and if I didn't put the gown on I could leave...well I told her she was fired and walked out...her staff told me just ignore her Obviously she has some issues and took it out on me.
in Buffalo, NY |
Whenever I visit, I end up waiting a long time in the waiting room, only to wait even longer once I am in the exam room. Sure, she spends a good deal of time with you once she sees you, but it will take forever to reach that point. The staff is not always that friendly and can feel judgmental. On more than one occasion, I have felt like they are talking down to me. Also, it is somewhat hit or miss if they will call you back when they say they will.
in Hamburg, NY |
EVERY. SINGLE.TIME that myself or my husband have gone in, we have waited over an hour just to be called back. I understand you may be busy, but my time is valuable too. What good is an appointment time if I feel like there is no rush to get to me? If I was late, I'd be charged....the same should apply for doctors. For this reason alone, we are now in the process of finding a new provider.
Have you seen Dr. Amy J. Burke, MD?
Are you Dr. Burke?

Dr. Burke's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Burke has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Burke's Board Certifications

• Family Practice

Dr. Burke does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Burke and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine

Graduated in 2005

St. Joseph's Hospital Health Center

Completed in 2008

Dr. Burke does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Burke and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Burke does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Burke and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.