Dr. Amparo Benitez, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry •  Female • Age 50

Dr. Benitez
1150 Red John Dr Ste B Daytona Beach, FL 32124

Dr. Amparo Benitez, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in Daytona Beach, FL. She specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry.

Dr. Benitez accepts

Dr. Benitez accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
Blue Care HMO

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Benitez's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Benitez's Top Procedures and Conditions

Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)

Dr. Benitez treats Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders) more than 80% of her peers

Dr. Benitez treats this condition more than 80% of her peers

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

3.4

Dr. Benitez?
Dr. Benitez's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Amparo Benitez, MD
I would not recommend anyone visit this therapist. She had no empathy towards what my son was going through. She has zero decency and horrible people skills. She had no regard for why we were there, how nervous we were. The receptionist kept us waiting for 15 minutes. So by the time she walked us into the therapist's "office," we were "too late" and Benitez-Broome dismissed us and said she could not see us. No introductions, no apologies, we were Just turned away. We left feeling awful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amparo Benitez, MD?
A++ If you're looking for a Dr. who truly CARES, and takes the time to go over e v e r y t h i n g, she is it. She just started treating my son with Autism, and ADHD, and I'm in shock from how different she is compared to other Psychiatrist's in the area (ie HBS, Saafe). She tells it like it is and seems very passionate about her work and actually helping you. Which is just a breath of fresh air!!!! BTW, she is not at Saafe behavioral services.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amparo Benitez, MD?
Dr. Broome has got to be the most caring and compassionate psychiatrist I have met. She is amazing with special needs kids and asks more questions than any psychiatrist I have ever met which is a good thing. She also talks to the CHILD. My daughter is autistic and because she took the time to think outside the box I have a very personable and happy daughter. There is no other doctor like her. If you can't deal with honesty she is not the doctor for you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amparo Benitez, MD?
Dr Broome is very caring and attentive. She really listens to the parents and wants the best for the kids. The staff at Saafe in Ormond are rude, hostile and lazy. Try to see Broome at another location. This Ormond office isn't kid friendly or professional in the least!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amparo Benitez, MD?
We love dr. Broome! She is kind and smart. She will explain diagnosis and medicines in a way that will be easy to follow. Dr. Broome goes the extra mile to address our daughter's school performance, and what she can do to help with her anxiety. Dr. Broome answers all of our questions. The needy parents who have unrealistic demands of more answers, need to get their own help. The SAAFE staff is horrible about returning phone calls.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amparo Benitez, MD?
My daughter is a patient of Dr. Broome. I am baffled at the reviews. Our experience with her has been terrible. She is the rudest most unprofessional Dr. I've ever dealt with. My daughter leaves her office with more anxiety than going in. She turns her back and walks out while I'm trying to ask her a question. Very disrespectful, to say the least. I would not recommend her to anyone. There isn't enough space here for me to write all the things she's said and done.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amparo Benitez, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Benitez?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry