Dr. Amor Mehta, MD

Neurology ·  Male · Age 39

Dr. Mehta

Amor Mehta MD - Neurology Center for Epilepsy & Seizures, LLC

280 US Highway 9 Immediate Care - Cambridge Squ Morganville, NJ 07751

Dr. Amor Mehta, MD is a neurology specialist in Morganville, NJ and has been practicing for 7 years. He graduated from New York Medical College in 2007 and specializes in neurology, electroencephalography (eeg), and more.

Dr. Mehta accepts

Dr. Mehta accepts the following insurance:

Amerihealth

• Lyme Disease
  • Management of VNS Devices for the Treatment of Epilepsy
  • Meningiomas
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myoclonus
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Tuberous Sclerosis
  • Vagus Nerve Stimulation (VNS)
  • Vertigo
  • Visual Field Defects

Trained in the world's most renowned epilepsy center at NYU Langone Medical Center under the mentorship of the world famous Dr. Orrin Devinsky, the premier expert in epilepsy and seizure disorders, Dr. Mehta is comfortable managing patients of all ag...

• Neurology

4.3

Dr. Mehta?
Dr. Mehta's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Amor Mehta, MD
Dr Mehta Exudes Compassion ~ Empathy And Honesty With Encouragement Of Advanced Treatments For All Of My Diagnosis. Dr Mehta’s Office Is Organized With A Welcoming/Courteous Attitude From His Receptionist ~ Nurses ~ EEG Tech ~ Billing As Well As His Office Manager. All My Calls Are Honored With Answers And/Or Quick Return Calls By Dr Mehta Himself. The Professionalism ~ Welcoming Attitude ~ Care Along With A “No Judgement” Aura Is Very Important To Me Anywhere.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amor Mehta, MD?
Greatest Doctor for neurology, ever. Available 24/7 for patients needs. Very personable and has knowledge and knows how to make sure you understand everything and speaks with family members to advise of things to do and not do to help with care. Would never go to another Doctor for my Epilepsy problems!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amor Mehta, MD?
Excellent Doctor who cured my sons epilepsy
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amor Mehta, MD?
Dr Mehta is so really professional. He also takes the time to really get to know the patient and their pacific problems. I felt so comfortable and he seemed truly concerned about my current problems. Not like some doctors you see that make you feel like your on an assembly line. I would highly recommend Dr. Mehta. Ps: problems under control
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amor Mehta, MD?
Dr. Mehta is an amazing physician! He cares deeply for his patients, takes the time to listen, he’s compassionate and carefully explains everything. My son’s life is completely changed for the better due to Dr. Mehta’s care and determination. We will be grateful to him for the rest of our lives!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amor Mehta, MD?
Dr. Mehta is extremely pompous and arrogant. I was a concerned parent with a lot of questions after he diagnosed my son with epilepsy. I felt extremely uncomfortable asking him anything for fear of the response I would get. I asked about an MRI just to make sure there was nothing else going on as he was very quick to diagnose him with epilepsy. He refused to send him for an MRI. I never took my son back to see him and went elsewhere. As it turns out his diagnosis wasn’t even correct!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amor Mehta, MD?
He helped me a lot when no one else could figure out what was going on. I'm offended that Denise (below) can speak so negatively about Dr. Mehta. First of all, he is extremely compassionate - never met a doc who put so much time/effort into figuring things out. These diagnosis are difficult - what does Denise expect? I too had panic attacks (for years) and went to so many psychiatrists and neurologists. I was on all sorts of psychiatric meds until Dr. Mehta put me in a continuous EEG. Better!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amor Mehta, MD?
I went to Dr Mehta because I thought maybe I had a Seizure. I had a eeg done and he said I did have one and that I had epilepsy. Put me on medicine and kept uping it and I felt horrible. I always felt like I had anxiety. He said it wasn’t anxiety. After a year of this medicine and never leaving the house. I finally went to NY for six days of eeg’s. And found out I didn’t have epilepsy. It was panic attacks and anxiety. I am so glad I got a second opinion. He had a real attitude when I told him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amor Mehta, MD?
Dr. Mehta is AWESOME!!! He has an excellent bedside manner! He takes the time to listen to a patient and the family concerns. Dr. Mehta will explain why he is prescribing a medication or test. He will not prescribe medications unless it is needed. If a patient needs to be referred to another doctor, his recommendations of other doctors have been spot on! Overall, my family is extremely pleased with the care he continues to provided our child for the past 4 years.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amor Mehta, MD?
My friend was having a stroke. Nurses thought she was and stated so. Dr Mehta said she was NOT having a stroke. Based on what, I don't know. Four days later when she lost all use of her left side Dr Mehta finally orders a M.R.I. only to find out that she did indeed have a stroke. Four days went by with no diagnosis!!! Four long days went by with no treatment!!! I will never go to this Dr! EVER!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amor Mehta, MD?
The anonymous poster who inaccurately suggests Dr Mehta is not an epilepsy specialist should talk to me about how none of the three local neurologists I saw before him never could figure out how to get me seizure free. A little internet research will show that Dr Mehta completed a fellowship in epilepsy at NYU and IS BOARD CERTIFIED in epilepsy, unlike all of the local neurologists in Toms River. Dr Mehta is so thorough and knows his specialty - perhaps why he speaks confidently and humbly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amor Mehta, MD?
ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The girls at the desk are the RUDEST most IGNORANT people I’ve EVER spoke to. I was referred to Dr. Mehta by my Primary for “near fainting” episodes.. my first visit with Dr. Mehta I was displeased with his cocky know-it-all additude, and the fact that he calls himself an “ epileptologist” which is NOTHING different then a neurologist that deals with a lot of epilepsy cases- which, don’t they all? but he seemed thorough - he ordered a MRI which his front desk
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amor Mehta, MD?
Dr.meta helped me to understand what I need to do for my fiance and his ongoing episodes. I have not yet seen him yet,but his call back was caring,understanding, and more helpful than our 3 night stay in the hospital. So looking forward to meeting with him and understanding more of what's going on.Thank Dr.Mehta,and my fiancé thanks you also.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amor Mehta, MD?
Dr. Mehta is an excellent physician. He provides a thorough examination as well makes referrals to appropriate physicians based on changing symptoms. Dr. Mehta explains symptoms clearly and concisely. He never rushes you through and welcomes questions. The office staff is pleasant and efficient. I would not hesitate recommend Dr. Mehta to family or friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amor Mehta, MD?
Dr Mehta has saved my life. After suffering a stroke leaving my left side basically unusable. Dr Mehta has been very instrumental in allowing me the necessary physical therapy needed to give me back usage of my entire left side. Dr Mehta monitors me carefully takes time during my visits to ask how I am doing and genuinely cares.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amor Mehta, MD?
Dr. Mehta has helped turn my son's life turn around! My son has refractory generalized absent epilepsy,suffering from 200 plus seizures a day. Dr. Mehta was the first doctor to actually listen to me and what I said was going on with my son. He has helped reduce the daily amount of seizure activity my son has and created a great relationship with my son and our family. We are so thankful for all of his help.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amor Mehta, MD?
I was under this doctor's care for a little over a year. In three months, his office staff prescribed the wrong medication to me 3 times. I never received a call from the doctor himself, never apologizing for the inconvenience and not once has he explained why. I was unable to return any of the medications that were given-money gone, and this stuff is not cheap. If he recommends a video EEG, dont; because most insurance will only cover a very small portion of it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amor Mehta, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Mehta?

• Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Mehta treats patients.