Dr. Amol Bapat, MD

Dr. Amol Bapat, MD

Cardiology  |
Dr. Amol Bapat, MD is a cardiology doctor who practices in Roswell, GA. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Bapat is affiliated with Northside Hospital - Forsyth, Northside Hospital Cherokee and Northside Hospital.

1285 Upper Hembree Rd

Roswell, GA 30076

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
  • Coventry Health Care of Georgia

Learn about Dr. Bapat

See how frequently Dr. Bapat performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
Heart Disease
Hyperlipidemia

Dr. Bapat's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Cardiology

• Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Aneurysm
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Coronary Artery Dissection
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Septal Defect
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Tricuspid Valve Disease

• Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) of Heart or Chest
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent
  • Echocardiography
  • Interventional Catheterization
  • Nuclear Stress Testing

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• The Johns Hopkins University
  • Baylor College of
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

• Atlanta Magazine, Recognized in Top Doctors Issue, 2011
  • Larry King Cardiac Foundation Physician Laureate Award, 2006

Dr. Bapat has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bapat does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bapat and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bapat's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bapat to family and friends
Dr. Bapat's Performance
in Marietta, GA |
Kind, caring and immensely knowledgeable -- what else would you want or look for in a cardiologist? Personable and effective communicator.
Cumming, GA |
Dr. Bapat is a very knowledgeable doctor and one I would highly recommend. He is very thorough in evaluating the patient. He explains all procedures before anything happens and is helpful in addressing any questions or concerns. He listens to the patient and spends as much time as is necessary to make sure the patient understands the details of the diagnosis. Dr. Bapat is definitely a doctor that I trust and would recommend to others.
in Atlanta, GA |
Amol has taken great care of me for about 15 years. I am on my second pacemaker and have two stents. I feel great and he is largely responsible for that. He is a really nice guy who genuinely cares about his patients. He also really knows his stuff. I never have to wait more than a few minutes and his staff is friendly and professional. I highly recommend him.
in Roswell, GA |
To get right to it, Dr Bapat saved my life. My calcium score was close to off the charts when I first saw him but I had no real symptoms. He diagnosed what I needed and then spent 4.5 hours with me on the table doing angioplasty with stints because he didn't want to crack open the chest of a 55 year old. When we talk, he listens and I watch him analyze what I'm saying. If you have a heart issue, trust me, go see this man because it's likely you'll be around to thank him later.
in Nahunta, GA |
Dr. Bapat treated me when I went to Northside Hospital with a heart attack five years ago. Dr. Bapat has being my cardiologist since then. He is compassionate, caring,and very professional. I feel blessed that he was the doctor that treated me and saved my life.
I have a long history of cardiac problems, which began with an MI and bypass at age 31. I am now 70, and Dr. Bapat has been my cardiologist for many years. When I first moved to Atlanta in 1996, I was initially seeing another cardiologist. However, after meeting Dr. Bapat when he was treating my brother-in-law in the ER at St. Joseph's, I was very impressed with his thoroughness as well as his interpersonal skills. He is an excellent cardiologist, who is very concerned about his patients.
in Roswell, GA |
Excellent doctor. Has been our cardiologist for about 6 years. Would highly recommend him.
Cumming, GA |
It's been almost five years since I had multiple stents put in over two months. He takes the time explain your situation and listen. I never felt rushed. Follow up care is has been great also, Appointments and Times are always prompt with time to talk, again never rushed, he makes sure to explain your situation and answer any questions no matter how dumb. Thank you for keeping me healthy. I might not be here without the help I received from you and your team.
Roswell, GA |
My midwife sent me concerning palpatations during pregnancy. This visit was a very expensive waste of time. I received a Holter monitor, which confirmed the symptoms I'd already described to Dr. Bapat, but cost over $350, essentially because he wouldn't take my word for it. Dr. Bapat sent me home with nothing but "good news! no heart disease!" and no dx or advice at all with the presenting symptoms.
in Cumming, GA |
Dr Bapat performed a heart stent on me in 2012. I met him that morning. He was very pleasant and patient with me as I asked my questions. My family RAVED about his time spent with them while I was recovering as he showed them photos, explained the procedure, recovery, etc and took the time to answer all their questions. He's remained my cardiologist since then and I've personally recommended him several times.
Atlanta, GA |
What a great experience. Dr Bapat is so kind and patient. He really listened and came up with a great plan of treatment for me. The whole office staff was great!!
in Roswell, GA |
In 2005 upon reading my family medical history, Dr. Bapat suggested I undergo a heart cath. I was not his patient at that time. I resisted and he persisted. I lost and happy I did. The cath revealed 5 severe blockages. I had bypass surgery the next morning. I remain a very alive and happy patient 11 plus years post-op. Looking forward to many more.
in Roswell, GA |
Very willing to listen to my concerns and discus treatments to manage my health.
in Marietta, GA |
dr. bapat was absolutly the best in all phases of my procedure as well as leading up to , during and the follow up to my procedure. very professional and informative throughout my entire procedure...before and after. any and all questions were entertained and answered in a manner i could understand and put me at ease. dr bapit was personable and a very calming presence i would highly recommend dr bapit to anyone needing cardiac care.
in Woodstock, GA |
My wife and I have been patients of Dr. Bapat for the past few years and recommend him without any reservation. I thoroughly appreciate his sincere professional manner, demeanor and approach to my treatment and forward-thinking plan for preventive measures. I respect and trust him completely.
in Roswell, GA |
He's a very caring individual. Intelligent and thoughtful. You will feel very cared for when you have been to see him and his staff !
in Marietta, GA |
Smart, professional, personal, engaging, kind and caring - everything you could hope for in a highly specialized physician.
in Woodstock, GA |
He is a very very good doctor.
in Marietta, GA |
Warm, caring, intelligent physician.
Have you seen Dr. Amol Bapat, MD?
Are you Dr. Bapat?