Dr. Ammar Alsheikh, MD

Dr. Ammar Alsheikh, MD

31 reviews

Internal Medicine | Male | 50 years old

As an internist and primary care physician ,I believe in prevention as the best way to live healthy long lifeRead more

Existing Patient Phone Number
The Wellness Medical Clinic
America's 50 Best Hospitals Award

Dr. Alsheikh is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Alsheikh's Experience

See how Dr. Alsheikh's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Alsheikh

Dr. Alsheikh accepts 80 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Alsheikh has admitting privileges.

Dr. Alsheikh's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Alsheikh to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Alsheikh's Performance
Chandler, AZ |
This past year I have had the worst anxiety due to many family issues. Three family members are failing in health and I help care for all three. My anxiety became so bad that I was unable to sleep and at times did not do my best at work because my life was overwhelming me. When I went to Dr. Alsheikh the first time all I did was cry. He put me on a prescription along with sending me to a phychologist to talk to. I feel like my old self at this point!
in Coolidge, AZ |
I had a 4:30 appoint., arrived at 3:30, taken back to tx room 4:45. He asked me a couple of question then said need to continue next visit for was closing time. I told him I was getting sick, very sore throat, sniffles and feeling poorly. I have a condition in which I required steroids injections when feeling bad, especially when coming down with flu or URI. He refused to give me what is required for my health . rude, uncompassionate, not medically knowledgeable. Stay away from him.
in Gilbert, AZ |
My overall experience with Doctor Alsheikh has been great up until today. While we all know that a doctor can be extremely busy so can everyone else. So if I have a question pertaining to a doctor treating me and would like for him or her to call me, you would think this wouldn’t be a problem for a doctor. Well this apparently is a problem with DR Alsheikh. His solution is make an appointment. So why drive 30 miles round trip, pay a 25$ co-pay just to ask a question pertaining to my health.
Dr Alsheikh is commited to provide excellent medical care to all of his patients. However there is limits to what he can do over the phone.A sound medical decision require a face to face interview and medical exam .
in Phoenix, AZ |
He listens to my concerns and helps find the best solution for me. In addition, he has w front desk receptionists, unlike other offices, where you can never get a hold of anyone. These 2 ladies are incredible and answer your call within 2 rings. Great customer support
Tempe, AZ |
He is responsive to questions, takes time to talk about concerns, is thorough and efficient. Recommends specialists if needed.
in Chandler , AZ |
Dr. Al Sheikh is superb because he listens to what I have to say and thus finds the best solution for me.
in Chandler, AZ |
He is kind, patient and responsI've to my medical concerns.
Have you seen Dr. Ammar Alsheikh, MD?

Dr. Alsheikh's Care Philosophy

Dr. Alsheikh's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Dr. Alsheikh has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Why It Matters: Dr. Alsheikh's Board Certifications

• Anemia
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Congestive Heart Failure

St John Hospital And Medical Center

Completed in 1998

Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Mi

Completed in 2000

Dr. Alsheikh does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Alsheikh and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Electrocardiogram (EKG)