Pulmonology  |
Dr. Amitab Puri, MD
Dr. Amitab Puri, MD is a pulmonology doctor who practices in Tucson, AZ. He is 51 years old. Dr. Puri is affiliated with Northwest Medical Center and Carondelet St. Mary's Hospital.

Pima Lung And Sleep

• Health Net
  • HealthSmart

Learn about Dr. Puri

Dr. Puri's Experience

Dr. Puri's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Pulmonology
  • Board certified in Critical Care Medicine, Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Disease

• Pulmonology

• Bronchiectasis
  • Bronchiolitis
  • Bronchitis
  • Bronchospasm
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Classic Polyarteritis Nodosa
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Cough
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Pleural Effusion
  • Pneumoconiosis and Pneumonopathy
  • Pneumonia
  • Pneumonitis (Due to Solids or Liquids)
  • Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
  • Tuberculosis
  • Valley Fever
  • Wegener's Granulomatosis
  • Wheezing

• Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Bronchoscopy
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Pulmonary Function Test
  • Respiratory Management
  • Smoking Cessation Counseling
  • Thoracentesis

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• University Of Delhi / Maulana Azad Medical College
    Medical School | Graduated
  • U Ill At Chicago/Michael Reese Hosp
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • U Ill At Chicago/Michael Reese Hosp
  • University Of Minnesota / Twin Cities Campus
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Puri has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Puri does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Puri and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Puri's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Puri to family and friends
1.9
Dr. Puri's Performance
    GOOD
Sahuarita, AZ |
I liked Dr. Puri, felt that he was a very good dr. His office staff was horrendous. I called 7 times to get a CT Scan scheduled that Dr. Puri had ordered. Called 6 times to get copies of my medical records. I finally had to go in person to his office to obtain records. I have been working on getting portable oxygen for a trip with no success. His front desk person was extremely rude when checking in.
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Puri seemed OK, but the customer service of the office is HORRIBLE!
Houston, TX |
Caring Dr. and kind staff.... He took the time to listen and knew what he was doing!
Tucson, AZ |
Got bitten by bed bugs during both my sleep studies
Green Valley, AZ |
My experience with Pima Lung & Sleep has been dreadful. Not only could they not keep their schedules straight, but when prescribed information needed to be forwarded to the equipment provider it took many phone calls from me and over 2 weeks before anything could be done. Even then, to start with, the information sent was incomplete. Very frustrating to say the least. I'm sorry I got tied up with these people. I would not recommend this firm to anyone under any circumstances.
in Tucson, AZ |
Doctor seemed very good and I would like to see him again. However, his receiving and appointment staff are the worst and will not let me. It took many calls over months to get them to actually book me for an appointment. Then after that initial visit the staff changes the tests you are to have as well as the dates and times. I can not believe the doctor is aware of his staff ruining his practice. Once you make any complaint the staff refuses to let you see or speak to the doctor again.
in Green Valley, AZ |
1. Several visits. Longest wait time of any doctor. 2. My records were requested by another doctor. Dr. Puri's office refuses request for information. 3. Dr. Puri's office is holding MY INFORMATION for ransom and asked for $25.00 to relieve it to me. 4. Last appointment, 80 miles round trip from Green Valley, Dr. Puri was out of town and we were never informed before the trip.
Green Valley, AZ |
Dr Puri orders test after test, most of which are unneeded . Money hungry. The latest scam was when I got my insurance statement saying that he counseled me about smoking cessation. Not. I've never smoked in my life. Stay away.
in Tucson, AZ |
I had several appointments with Dr. Puri. Rude receptionist You sign and are told to wait. After about 30 minutes you are called back to reception desk to present insurance card and credit card. You are then told to have a seat and wait. After another 30 minutes you are taken back for blood pressure teat. Then you are put in a room to wait again. Finally Dr. Puri sees you and listens to your lungs and writes ANOTHER PRESCRIPTION. You see him for about 4 minutes. He schedules several appointment
in Tucson, AZ |
First you have to have 2 appointments for tests. I went for first appointment, and was told to fill out a form on the computer. I typed in my first initial, and all patients with that initial popped up, so I could get into their charts. It took over two hours, because it keeps asking the same questions over and over.Then They informed me that the machine for the test was broken, and they didn't have the courtesy to call me and let me know, They billed my insurance, even though I saw no one.
in Tucson |
Plan on waiting at least 1 hr after your scheduled appt before they call you in to see the Dr. The receptionist is not very friendly. If I had a choice I would NOT use Pima Lung for treating my sleep apnea.
Tucson, AZ |
rude receptionist, sloppy office (canceled 2 appointments without notice) sloppy paper work ( sent claims to wrong insurance company, wrong home address, etc.) ; doctor did not read previous records; did not address symptons, seemed focused on diagnosing me with sleep apnea even though I had tested negative for that.
in Tucson, AZ |
Always takes forever to see the doctor, then he sees you for about 2 minutes, prescribes you more medication that you probably don't need and runs back out. They brilliantly scheduled a sleep study on a holiday and called me late the last business day before. He triple books people. I only stay with him because he can treat my asthma and my sleep apnea. But this latest appointment, he loaded me up with allergy medicine. I don't think he even read my chart.
in Tucson, AZ |
The office staff is uninterested and rude. They completely ignored me standing in front of them while talking to a co-worker. They cancelled my sleep study without notifying me. The first time I went the doctors wife came in first to interview me and then answered her cell phone several times during the interview. They tried telling me that Medicaid required me to return to them follow up visits. The aide refused to give me my prescription for CPAP. Worst Dr. and office I have ever seen.
in Tucson, AZ |
I jumped through hoops for a referral just so I could have the honor of getting an appointment with Pima Lung. Finally got two appointments made-1 for initial tests and a follow up to see the Doctor. The day of my 2nd visit I get a call that my appointment has been cancelled because the Dr decided I did not have a referral. After that I could not get anyone to call me back to rectify the situation. Finally I get a bill for tests that I never learned the results. Beware this shady Dr's office
Tucson, AZ |
He takes a long time to see you, & then only a few minutes when you actually see him
Treated me on pft that were done six months prior. After several attempts to get refills I had to have my PCP refill on emergency basis. I live 85 miles from office and they refused tp combine tests and Dr Appts on the same day. Due to lack of basic attention and the Dr conyinual non contact I have been referred to another speci a list. I have a serious lung condition and do not trust Dr Puri has intest in treating me. I do not recommend this practice
in Tucson, AZ |
His office staff is unprofessional and very very rude.
Have you seen Dr. Amitab Puri, MD?
Are you Dr. Puri?

Medicare Advantage PFFS
  • Health Net
    Health Net PPO
  • HealthSmart
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medico