Dr. Amitab K. Puri, MD

Dr. Amitab K. Puri, MD

Pulmonology | Male

Pima Lung And Sleep 5310 N La Cholla Blvd, Tucson, AZ 85741 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Puri specializes in Pulmonology and practices in Tucson, AZ. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Puri? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Puri's Experience

See how Dr. Puri's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Puri

Dr. Puri accepts 22 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Puri has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Puri's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Puri to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Puri
Dr. Puri's Office & Staff
    31 – 45 minutes (67)
in Tucson, AZ |
I had several appointments with Dr. Puri. Rude receptionist You sign and are told to wait. After about 30 minutes you are called back to reception desk to present insurance card and credit card. You are then told to have a seat and wait. After another 30 minutes you are taken back for blood pressure teat. Then you are put in a room to wait again. Finally Dr. Puri sees you and listens to your lungs and writes ANOTHER PRESCRIPTION. You see him for about 4 minutes. He schedules several appointment
in Tucson, AZ |
First you have to have 2 appointments for tests. I went for first appointment, and was told to fill out a form on the computer. I typed in my first initial, and all patients with that initial popped up, so I could get into their charts. It took over two hours, because it keeps asking the same questions over and over.Then They informed me that the machine for the test was broken, and they didn't have the courtesy to call me and let me know, They billed my insurance, even though I saw no one.
in Tucson |
Plan on waiting at least 1 hr after your scheduled appt before they call you in to see the Dr. The receptionist is not very friendly. If I had a choice I would NOT use Pima Lung for treating my sleep apnea.
Tucson, AZ |
rude receptionist, sloppy office (canceled 2 appointments without notice) sloppy paper work ( sent claims to wrong insurance company, wrong home address, etc.) ; doctor did not read previous records; did not address symptons, seemed focused on diagnosing me with sleep apnea even though I had tested negative for that.
in Tucson, AZ |
Always takes forever to see the doctor, then he sees you for about 2 minutes, prescribes you more medication that you probably don't need and runs back out. They brilliantly scheduled a sleep study on a holiday and called me late the last business day before. He triple books people. I only stay with him because he can treat my asthma and my sleep apnea. But this latest appointment, he loaded me up with allergy medicine. I don't think he even read my chart.
in Tucson, AZ |
The office staff is uninterested and rude. They completely ignored me standing in front of them while talking to a co-worker. They cancelled my sleep study without notifying me. The first time I went the doctors wife came in first to interview me and then answered her cell phone several times during the interview. They tried telling me that Medicaid required me to return to them follow up visits. The aide refused to give me my prescription for CPAP. Worst Dr. and office I have ever seen.
in Tucson, AZ |
I jumped through hoops for a referral just so I could have the honor of getting an appointment with Pima Lung. Finally got two appointments made-1 for initial tests and a follow up to see the Doctor. The day of my 2nd visit I get a call that my appointment has been cancelled because the Dr decided I did not have a referral. After that I could not get anyone to call me back to rectify the situation. Finally I get a bill for tests that I never learned the results. Beware this shady Dr's office
Tucson, AZ |
He takes a long time to see you, & then only a few minutes when you actually see him
Treated me on pft that were done six months prior. After several attempts to get refills I had to have my PCP refill on emergency basis. I live 85 miles from office and they refused tp combine tests and Dr Appts on the same day. Due to lack of basic attention and the Dr conyinual non contact I have been referred to another speci a list. I have a serious lung condition and do not trust Dr Puri has intest in treating me. I do not recommend this practice
in Tucson, AZ |
His office staff is unprofessional and very very rude.
Have you seen Dr. Amitab K. Puri, MD?
Are you Dr. Puri?

Compare Dr. Puri

Tucson, AZ 85741

Narrow your results

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.

• Pulmonology

• Bronchiectasis
  • Bronchiolitis
  • Bronchitis
  • Bronchospasm
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Classic Polyarteritis Nodosa
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cough
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Pleural Effusion
  • Pneumoconiosis and Pneumonopathy
  • Pneumonia
  • Pneumonitis (Due to Solids or Liquids)
  • Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
  • Tuberculosis
  • Valley Fever
  • Wegener's Granulomatosis
  • Wheezing

• Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Bronchoscopy
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Pulmonary Function Test
  • Respiratory Management
  • Smoking Cessation Counseling
  • Thoracentesis

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

University Of Delhi / Maulana Azad Medical College
    U Ill At Chicago/Michael Reese Hosp
    U Ill At Chicago/Michael Reese Hosp
    University Of Minnesota / Twin Cities Campus

Dr. Puri has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Puri does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Puri and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Puri's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Pulmonology
  • Board certified in Critical Care Medicine, Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Disease
  • Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Puri

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Puri's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
31 – 45 minutes

Experience with Dr. Puri

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients