Dr. Amita Talati, MD

Dr. Amita Talati, MD

Psychiatry | Female

Dr. Amita Talati, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Voorhees, NJ. She is 60 years old and has been practicing for 36 years. Dr. Talati is affiliated with Virtua Marlton.

Dr. Talati's Experience

See how Dr. Talati's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Talati

Dr. Talati accepts 10 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Talati has admitting privileges.

Dr. Talati's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Talati to family and friends
    3.2
    Dr. Talati's Performance
      GOOD
    Dr. Talati's office is a very pleasant and welcoming place. If ever I should call the office and no one answers, they return my phone calls in a very prompt fashion. I have been seeing Dr. Talati for a few years now and her expertise and knowledge have made me grow leaps and bounds from the first time that I sat with her. She takes all the time necessary with me and answers all my questions and makes recommendations. I cannot speak highly-enough about my experience with Dr Talati. J.B.
    in Cherry Hill, NJ |
    Dr Talati is extremely professional and an excellent listener. She asks many questions to gain a true picture of what you are experiencing and then fully explains why she is prescribing a specific medication or combination of medications as necessary to treat the patient. She goes beyond medications in commenting on more holistic methods that may be of benefit: diet, exercise, sleep habits, lifestyle changes, etc. The office is comfortable and her support staff is very helpful.
    in Turnersville |
    I have been seeing Dr. Talati since 1993 and still seeing her currently. When we first met, I was in the lowest place in my life that I could have ever imagined. I was married with two children and I knew I needed some intervention. I am happy to report that I am a very successful business woman today and doing incredibly well. Dr. Talati is amazing! Without her help and the right choice of medications, I am certain that I would not be in the position I am today! I would highly recommend.
    Audubon, NJ |
    My experience with Dr. Talati was largely negative. To her credit, she had what she thought was my best interest in mind, but her evaluation process and manner leave much to be desired. My experience in her "care" left me feeling unheard, judged, and dehumanized. When I told her I was discontinuing "therapy" with her (which was essentially her prescribing medication which made me physically ill and unable to work), she attempted to contact my spouse as well as a third party. Never again!!!
    Thank you for your comments. I'm sorry to hear about your experience. We are 100 percent HIPAA compliant. We don't call or send messages without patient signing a consent. In an emergency, for the safety of a patient, we may communicate with contacts provided by a patient as well as emergency personnel.
    Mount Laurel, NJ |
    Dr. Talati specializes in psychiatric medication management. She has a sound knowledge of these medications and how best to apply them. Although some trial and error is always involved in medication management, she will ultimately find the specific dosages and medication blends that are appropriate for a given patient. She listens well and and gives proper answers to question using common terms. She runs prompt scheduling in her office, has a friendly demeanor and the staff is courteous.
    in Medford, NJ |
    I would recommend Dr. Talati to anyone. She cares about her patients. Takes the time to listen and explain treatment. She cares about the total mind, body and soul well being of her patients.
    Pleasantville, NJ |
    I suffer from a debilitating disease and read about the integrative medicine as posted on her website. I checked on my insurance website and several locations were listed. When I called to see about an appointment, the person filling out the information was extremely condescending. I should have known when I told her about the different locations and she told me that I was wrong. I told her that they better let the insurance company know so it can be fixed. Her response "whatever!".
    I am sorry you had this experience with our front desk. We are working very hard to keep the front desk informed of all the information they need. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Dr. Amita Talati
    Cherry Hill, NJ |
    I have been to Dr Talati for two depressive episodes over 20 years. She is a very caring dr and helped me through a very difficult time in my life.
    in Cherry Hill, NJ |
    I would not recommend this office to anyone. It took me 3 weeks to getan appointment. I had the secretary confirm that my insurance was accepted. She verified it with my insurance company. I went to the appointment 3 weeks later sat in waiting room for over 25 minutes past my appt time, and they said they weren't going to allow my insurance. I then had to find a new doctor, which took me a month to get an appt.
    We are sorry about your experience due to a misunderstanding. We are glad that we worked out and you were able to get an evaluation at our office. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Dr. Amita Talati
    Have you seen Dr. Amita Talati, MD?

Dr. Talati's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
    •  Board certified in Psychiatry

Dr. Talati has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Talati's Board Certifications

Completed in 1983

Norristown State Hospital

Completed in 1986

• Gujarati

Dr. Talati does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Talati and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry

Dr. Talati does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Talati and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.