Dr. Amit Tandon, MD

Dr. Amit Tandon, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Amit Tandon, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Columbus, OH. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 14 years. Dr. Tandon is affiliated with Bucyrus Community Hospital, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center and Galion Community Hospital.

915 Olentangy River Rd Ste 5000

Columbus, OH 43212

Learn about Dr. Tandon

See how frequently Dr. Tandon performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Cataract Removal Surgery
Cataract
high
Senile Cataracts
high

Dr. Tandon's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Senile Cataracts

• Cataract Removal Surgery
  • Eye Surgery
  • LASIK

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• Ohio State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1999
  • Univ Of Cincinnati Coll Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2003
  • Christ Hosp Cinncinnati
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2004
  • Kellogg Eye Ctr Univ Mi
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007

Dr. Tandon has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Tandon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tandon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Tandon's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tandon to family and friends
Dr. Tandon's Performance
in Columbus, OH |
My experience with Dr. Tandon is rated extremely high. He has a kind demeanor and is very helpful in explaining all options available and what would be best for me. During surgery he was informative as the procedure was being done and was attentive to any of my requests at that time. I have already been asked by several of my friends how I felt about Dr. Tandon and have already given them requested contact information.
in Powell, OH |
Dr. Tandon is a “caring” professional who is very competent in his field. His staff is also professional, courteous, and knowledgeable. I met with Dr. Tandon for an Assessment and was so impressed that I decided to proceed with the surgery. I had been bothered by cataracts in both eyes and this condition was affecting my quality of life. After the surgery my vision has improved tremendously. I had no pain throughout the process.. I highly recommend Dr. Tandon and his team.
in Springfield, OH |
My experience with Dr Tandon was excellent. The scheduling department, the office staff, surgical staff and Dr Tandon were so personable & professional. I was reassured when discussing my eye care needs & surgery. I’m beyond satisfied that I was referred to Dr Tandon by Dr Jackie Davis. She said he was the best & I can attest to that being true!
in Powell, OH |
I recently had cataract surgery on both eyes; 1 eye in consecutive weeks. I found the process, communications, and follow up to be excellent. I highly recommend Dr. Tandon to anyone needing eye care. Besides being extremely competent, he was very communicative about the procedure, great "bedside" manner, open and friendly. In addition, the aftercare is such that you are given his cell phone in case you have an issue and need to reach him during off hours. On top of all this the results of the su
Kettering |
We travel all the way from Dayton just to see Dr. Tandon. He as well as his staff are wonderful. From the time you check in, to the time you leave, everyone is pleasant and on top of things. Can't say enough about them. Great overall experience!
in Orient, OH |
My daughter, who works at OSU, recommended Dr. Tandon. I liked him right from the "get go". He's got a good hand shake, smiles, answered my questions till I was satisfied, wasn't in any hurry to move on to the next patient. The rest of the staff working with him was Great! They all went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable, in no pain, understood what was going to happen when I went in for cataract surgery. I have, and will recommend Dr. Tandon.
in Columbus, OH |
Dr. Tandon was excellent in providing information and answering my questions. I also appreciated the printed information he provided. His eye drop checklist was invaluable in keeping track of the medication schedule. HIs warm and friendly personality made it very easy to have a conversation. I found him to be a very good listener.
Columbus, OH |
Dr. Tandon did the cataract surgery on both my eyes. Dr. Tandon, his staff and the staff at the surgery center were professional, friendly and, most important to me, upbeat and cheerful. He made sure I understood all aspects of the procedure and what I should expect post-surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Tandon.
in Columbus |
Thank you , Dr Tandon, for the fact that I can now see better than I could as a young child. You and your staff remind me of The Saviour who went about healing people. Thank you for all you are doing.
in Reynoldsburg, OH |
Dr. Tandon is wonderful. He is the rare "old fashion" kind of doctor who is not only a very skilled surgeon but has a bedside manner, as well as being a humanitarian. I know he has done over 10,000 surgeries, but he makes you feel like you are the most important surgery he's ever done. I would not hesitate at all recommending him to anyone one in my family or my friends. His staff is equally professional.
in Dublin, OH |
Dr. Tandon gave exact info on the cataract surgery he was going to perform. His instructions were clear and concise. for follow-up. Surgery was quick and, for me, painless. On a personal level, he is very friendly.
in Dublin, OH |
Dr. Tandon is a very happy guy who is willing to explain procedures, difficulties, questions. You can tell he loves his job and is very excited to help people see much better after cataract surgery. I saw Dr Tandon as a 2nd opinion and he was very reassuring, and a true expert in removal of cataracts. The first opinion Doc said I would be a difficult case but Dr Tandon felt I would not be difficult. That made me feel so much better! Combined with his enthusiasm and bedside manner he made me fe
in Columbus OH |
Dr. Tandon was able to explain surgery in terms that made sense to me. Since undergoing LASIK four years ago, I've had no issues and follow up appointments have affirmed I made the right choice in both the procedure and health-care provider.
in Columbus, OH |
Nothing but good things to say about Dr. Tandon, his staff, facilities, etc. Had Lasik surgery performed, went from ~ a -5.0 to better than 20/20 vision. When seeking a surgeon, was told Dr. Tandon was the top OSU surgeon for this; and would agree. Consultation/procedure was good, quick/easy to schedule and comprehensive. All the staff was friendly/knowledgeable/professional. 100% recommendation.
Hilliard, OH |
I had a great outcome for cataract surgery, now having 20/20 vision at distance. Dr. Tandon is very personable and seems to really care about his patients. He is inspired by the way his surgery transforms the way people can see.
in Portsmouth, OH |
I could not have wished for a better experience. Dr. Tandon and his staff were extremely professional, kind, and caring. Thank you Dr. Tandon!
Columbus, OH |
Dr. Tandon completed double cataract surgery for me and I cannot express how thrilled I am with the results. He never gave me the impression that I was taking too much of his time with questions and in fact, called me to discuss some of those lens questions on one of his vacation days. I now see 20/20 without any corrective lens and would highly recommend Dr. Tandon if you are considering a multi-focal lens as the replacement. His calculations were spot on & treats his patients with respect.
in Lewis Center, OH |
Dr. Tandon recently performed cataract surgery on both of my eyes. I could not have selected a better doctor to perform my surgery. Dr. Tandon is very professional, friendly, knowledgeable, personable and competent. He explained the entire procedure in easy to understand terms. He also gave me a lot of confidence and reassurance that the procedure would go well. Dr. Tandon's staff is also top notch. They treated me with respect and showed concern about my well being & comfort at all times.
in Columbus, OH |
Dr. Tandon is terrific. He explained the type of lenses available and the procedure clearly. The cataract operation Was very simple and easy. I have tremendous conference in him. I am so happy I chose him for my surgery-- my eyesight is great now and it is because of him. Thank you, Dr. Tandon!
in Lancaster, OH |
Dr. Tandon is a wonderful surgeon and doctor. He answers all your questions and truly cares about your well being. i would recommend him to anyone who has cataracts and wants to see a lot better.
in Columbus, OH |
I would recommend Dr. Tandon to any one who requires quality care and expertise in ophthalmology. He is extremely caring and answers every question thoroughly and with patience. I had a wonderful experience with him and his team of eye professionals and am thrilled with the work that he did.
in Columbus, OH |
Dr. Amit Tandon has great bedside manner, preforms a thorough exam, explains your condition, options & procedure if a procedure is necessary; he will make time to answer all questions. He is sensitive to your needs, extremely competent, not arrogant. His staff, office & medical, are extremely knowledgeable, efficient, helpful and kind! I can, once again, see clearly now; doesn't get better than that!
in Columbus, OH |
Dr. Tandon was my doctor for cataract surgery. I am ecstatic with the result and with Dr. Tandon's care. The doctor and his staff were caring and gave excellent information both before, during and after the experience. The charts the doctor gives for using the eye drops are so helpful as is the information about what to expect before and after the surgery. I was very nervous before having my first eye done but actually looked forward to having the second eye done. Thank you Dr. Tandon!
in Pickerington, OH |
Excellent experience! Dr. Tandon came highly recommended by my primary care physician. Had cataract surgery in both eyes two weeks apart. Both surgeries were a breeze and very successful.
in Pickerington, Ohio |
Dr. Tandon's office staff were very friendly and professional. Dr. Tandon provided me with various options for my eye condition and after weighing and discussing those options for what was best for me, he provided outstanding treatment. The procedure went exactly as explained, the pre/post-op nurses were outstanding as well. The results for me were exactly what was discussed and I couldn't be happier. I highly recommend Dr. Tandon, as he and his staff demonstrated and provided true patient care.
in Blacklick, Ohio |
Dr. Tandon is a highly skilled professional with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills!!!
in Marengo, Ohio |
Dr Tandon just performed cataract surgery on my eyes. I had one done in July and the other one done in August. What a pleasant experience. He and his staff were excellent. They were very caring and took great care to see to my comfort. They explained everything in detail. I highly recommend Dr Tandon and the staff at Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
in Columbus, OH |
Dr. Tandon is a doctor who checks all the boxes, both professionally and personally. He is a consummate professional whose greatest satisfaction comes from his ability to improve his patients' lives by improving their vision. When it comes to performing cataract surgery, he achieves superior results while, at the same time, inspiring complete confidence in his patients.
Have you seen Dr. Amit Tandon, MD?
Are you Dr. Tandon?