Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Amit Patel, MD
Dr. Amit Patel, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in York, PA. He is 37 years old and has been practicing for 11 years. Dr. Patel is affiliated with Memorial Hospital, Oss Orthopaedic Hospital and WellSpan York Hospital.

OSS Health

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • CHAMPVA
  • CoreSource
  • Devon Health
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)

Learn about Dr. Patel

OSS Health will continually strive to be the healthcare leader in quality, innovation and value. We will make every effort to understand and exceed the expectations and needs of our patients as well as to provide an environment of safe, respectful and dignified care at all times.`

Dr. Patel's Experience

Dr. Patel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Pathological Spine Fracture

• Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
  • Neck Surgery
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Duke University
  • Hospital Of The University Of Penn
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2011
  • University Of Washington Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2012

Dr. Patel has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Patel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Patel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Patel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Patel to family and friends
Dr. Patel's Performance
Red Lion, PA |
Great Dr.. Had back surgery for herniated disc. Would definitely recommend this Dr. to family and friends, which I already have. I have had really no pain since surgery. He really did a great job. It wasn't all him though. The Lord is the great physician and he worked through Dr. Patel to bring healing to my body and get me back into the swing of things. Thanks Dr. Patel for taking care and performing to the best of your abilities.
in York, PA |
Dr. Patel is the best Dr. I've had in my 74 years of life. He has excellent patient relations, a good ear, and great sense of humor, beyond his skills as a great physician.
in Hanover, PA |
Dr. Patel helped me through a time when pain in my low back was a 10. He performed a flawless surgery on a ruptured disc and also helped me with knee injections. Dr. Patel is kind, compassionate, caring and CAPABLE! I would not have anyone else do any surgery on me! He knows how to get things done the right way. If he isn't 100% sure - he asks colleagues. This is just one indicator of absolute strength. I am so grateful for the many hours he cared for me some years ago!!!
in York, PA |
Dr. Patel is an extraordinary physician! He is the remarkable combination of skilled physician and caring human being. I felt so safe and cared for during two surgeries, first a lumbar spinal nerve decompression and later a Xlif (extreme lateral interbody fusion). I was so grateful for his skilled surgical approach which gave me a faster recovery with minimal blood loss. I have already referred several friends to Dr. Patel!
in York, PA |
Words cannot express my satisfaction with Dr. Patel and his staff! Dr. Patel truly gave me my life back after a herniated disk L4/L5 pushed up against my sciatic nerve and caused horrific pain down my leg to my toes. After exhausting all non-surgical options, he performed a simple procedure to remove the portion of the disc pressing on my nerve. Best decision of my life as I am now pain free! He is a nice and pleasant man, kind person and absolutely wonderful physician.
York, PA |
Dr. Patel was able to get me on his schedule as I was suffering from a ruptured L5 which was causing constant pain from my sciatic throughout my leg. After a lengthy surgery, he removed the ruptured part of the disc and the sciatic pain was gone. Very small incision healed without issue. 3 months later, just had my last follow up visit and have had all restrictions removed. The quality of his work and his bedside manner is top notch, I would highly recommend him to anyone with back issues.
in Stewartstown,Pa. |
Dr. Patel offers excellent care and explanation along with a caring attitude. Takes questions in stride with understanding down to earth answers. Would readily use again. So far I am happy with my surgery outcome and progress!!!!! Would recommend 100%.
in Landisburg, Pa 17040 |
Dr. Patel takes great interest in your orthopedic problems. Has humor and a great personality. I have been to many orthopedic Dr's and he helped me with all my medical problems. I traveled 1 1/2 hours to York for his service and was worth every trip I made. He was recommended to me by another patient that he helped with his ortho problesm
in Mechanicsburg, PA |
Dr. Patel is an outstanding surgeon and very personable. He has performed 1 neck surgery and 1 back surgery on me and both turned out better than I could have imagined. He is very professional and very confident in what he dose. He is super friendly and explains things to you so that you can understand. I thank him with all my heart and highly recommend him to everyone. Thanks again Dr. Patel.
in York, PA |
Cervical spine surgery-excellent care. Dr. Patel takes the time to both listen and explain. I would recommend Dr. Patel and his staff unequivocally. My family and I thank God for this man.
in Dover, PA |
I saw Dr. Patel for a second opinion and am very fortunate to do that. My previous orthopedic physician informed me that I had to live with my back and hip pain. (Dr. Nachtigall). That was unacceptable to me and after some procedures Dr. Patel said he certainly could do something to help me. Also my defect was not in the same area Dr. Nachtigall had been working on. After surgery he referred me to Dr. Etienne for hip surgery. I hold him in the highest esteem with his expertise and character.
in York, PA |
Dr. Patel is the best. He did a fusion on L-3/L-4 disc. I had a lot of lower back pain with unbearable pain in my right leg due to spinal canal narrowing and my nerves were being compressed. My surgery was on 10/3 & was released from his care on 12/27. I no longer have leg pain which is a huge plus! Each time I went back for a follow-up visit x-rays were taken to see my progression. I would refer Dr. Patel to anyone who has issues with there back. He's a great surgeon and a kind man.
in Dover, Pa |
Very friendly, caring, and most importantly, very knowledgeable
in Dover, PA |
Dr. Patel is the best. He is everything a patient would want in a surgeon. He is kind and empathetic along with an exceptional knowledge base of spinal stenosis and herniated disc problems.
in York, PA |
Dr Patel did a compression discectomy which has relieved all levels of pain and discomfort. Working with the doctor and his staff was a joy. All procedures and outcomes were openly and understandably discussed.
in Red Lion, PA |
Easy to talk to concerning situation - Good listening skills - Explains things in a way that is easy for the patient to understand -Willing to take time to listen to what patient has to say
in Delta, PA |
I had a spinal fusion. Dr. Patel was very thorough in explanation of the procedure and the hospital experience was great. Very clean, very friendly, the food was good and the care was wonderful. Highly recommend Dr. Patel.
in New Oxford, PA |
I'd suffered lower back issues for 40 years, some worse than others and now I am pain free and can walk again!
in Jersey Shore, PA |
Dr. Pate is very personable, very knowledgeable, and is extremely skilled. He takes his time with gathering info, during exam, and most of all during explanation. I trust Dr. Patel to do whatever surgical procedure he feels necessary.
in Dallastown, Pa |
He did my lumbar fusion and the original pain I had is totally gone. I would highly recommend him for your spinal issues.
in Wrightsville |
Extremely knowledgeable, surgery was explained in detail, along with ALL possible results. My husband received what seemed to be the best possible care available and surgical recovery was 100%, with 4 upper discs removed and replaced. Each visit was pleasant and always ongoing honesty and forward looking. Both of us would absolutely recommend him to anyone having to deal with possible spine surgery.
in York, PA |
Dr. Patel and his staff, both in the office and at OSS Hospital were very supportive and helpful during a very scary time after my injury. I've had a very quick recovery and would recommend Dr. Patel to my family and friends.
in Mechanicsburg, PA |
He is very knowledable and excellent surgeon and really cares about his patients
in York, PA |
Dr. Patel explores every option available in correcting your condition. Only after exhausting all options is surgery recommended. I am very pleased with the outcome of my recent lumbar spine surgery and I am happy to say I am completely pain free. We are so very fortunate to have this facility and specialty Doctors like Dr. Patel right here in our community. Thank you, Dr. Patel and OSS for your commitment to orthopaedic health.
in Shrewsbury, PA |
Dr. Patel is an excellent doctor. He performed the latest procedure in back surgery upon me and did a phenomenal job! I was able to do quite a bit after only 2 weeks and after a total of 3 months anything I want! This is after I had already had 3 previous back surgeries, unbelievable! I can't recommend Dr. Patel enough. He is very knowledgeable in his field and his expertise is uncomparable!. Thank you so much Dr. Patel, you literally saved my life.
in York, PA |
Dr. Patel is very personable and I received 100% relief from my back surgery. I had a large herniated disk removed from my lower back.
in York, PA |
Dr. Patel is very patient and answered every question my wife and I had before and after my disc surgery.
in York, PA |
Dr. Patel had done surgery on my neck and replaced two bulged disc and did a remarkable job, OSS is a wonderful hospital, very friendly and very courteous nurses and staff. You could not ask for a better place.
in York, PA |
After many years of back and leg problems, my pain is gone. Dr Patel performed disk replacement surgery during the summer of 2015. Within 6 weeks I was able to swing the golf clubs again without pain. He and his staff answered all my concerns before and after surgery in a friendly and timely manner. Do I recommend Dr Patel to help solve your back problems, YOU BET.
in York, PA |
Dr. Patel was able to diagnose and fix an on going neck and shoulder problem that I have had for close to two years. I've seen many doctors for this problem recommending many different procedures and Dr. Patel was able to rule them out and fix my neck which fixed my shoulder, arm and hand. Days after the surgery the pain was totally gone, the burning gone and the numbess and tingling gone. This Dr is simply amazing. The staff was wonderful and friendly. I would recommend him to everyone
in Glen Rock, PA |
Dr. Patel listened to my concerns and answered all of my questions. He made recommendations based on his assessment of my health situations and gave me the pros and cons of each choice.
Have you seen Dr. Amit Patel, MD?
Are you Dr. Patel?

• CHAMPVA
  • CoreSource
    Coventry Health America PPO
  • Devon Health
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • First Choice Health