Dr. Amit Patel, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive SurgeryMale

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

Dr. Amit Patel, MD is a Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in Lexington, KY and has over 19 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from UNIV OF LOUISVILLE SCH OF MED in 2003. He is affiliated with medical facilities UK Good Samaritan Hospital and University of Kentucky Albert B. Chandler Hospital. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Amit Patel, MD

UK HealthCare Aesthetics Center

2195 Harrodsburg Rd Fl 2 Lexington, KY 40504
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Compare Dr. Amit Patel, MD with other Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialists near you

Dr. Patel's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Patel

Complete improvement in quality of life.
I had been dealing with breathing and sinus problems for well over 30 years. Within 2 weeks of having rhinoplasty, Dr. Patel was not only able to drastically improve my breathing, but it also got rid of the majority of sinus pressure I had experienced on a daily basis for most of my life. I've had improvement in how well I sleep, more energy, and even seen better efficacy from OTC allergy meds. Dr. Patel also has two awesome staff members, Jenna and Desiree, who went above and beyond to ensure everything was in order both pre and post-op. At the risk of sound cliché, this surgery literally changed my life for the better and I can't thank Dr. Patel and his staff enough for the great work that they do.
ssullivan1318 – Dec 01, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Patel, MD?
The best experience ever.
Had a wonderful experience with Dr. Patel. The entire staff was very knowledgeable and just amazing people. I had b. and facial fillers done with NO bruising and minimal swelling. His bedside manners are the best. He takes his time and just does a perfect job. Left feeling like I received exactly what I had hoped for. He is so talented I just can’t say enough. I will gladly drive an hour and a half to see him for my future needs.
TLL – Oct 16, 2022
Thankful that Dr Patel is a perfectionist
Dr. Patel and staff went above and beyond what was expected. I have a very difficult case due to a vascular lesion that effected my nose, lip and palate. I had my last surgery 2001 in MN. I couldn’t find anyone to treat me other than there. The surgery went as well as could be then due to amount of bleeding associated with surgery. I was left with scar tissue in my lip and my nose was not straight. My septum was deviated. I was referred by a medical professional to Dr Patel and was told he loved taking on difficult cases. Thank God that is true because he agreed to do my reconstruction. Our 4-6 hour surgery ended up being 11 due to the complexity of my case. He is a perfectionist and stayed with me that 11 hours to do all he could do. The results were amazing. I can breathe, which is wonderful since I suffer from asthma and many allergies. I would highly recommend Dr Patel and his entire staff.
Paula Carter – Jul 29, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Patel, MD?
He is the best at what he does. After surgery , i can breathe properly
Situl Patel – Jul 22, 2022
Scar repair and PRF microneedling
Dr. Patel works wonders. I had skin cancer removed and unfortunately was left with scars from the removal. Dr. Patel was recommend by a fellow physician, this physician referred to Dr. Patel as an artist. When I first consulted with Dr. Patel he was such a kind person and so knowledgeable. He suggested PRF with microneedling to help reduce the appearance of the scars. I had full confidence in him that this would help and I was not let down. After 3 treatments of PRF with microneedling my scars are more even, the bumps from the scars are gone and they are less red making them tremendously less noticeable. Not only did it help with my scars but my overall skin. Such a healthier more smooth appearance to my skin. Dr. Patel impacted my life is such a positive way that is very uplifting and makes you feel good about yourself. I would highly recommend Dr. Patel.
Jul 19, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Patel, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Patel for facial reconstruction. Never be scared of the word cancer. Dr. Patel and his team went above to take care of me and put my mind at ease. I felt so comfortable with every step of the process.
  • Long wait times
Post cancer nasal reconstruction – Jun 15, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Patel, MD?
Dr. Patel is someone who makes you feel very comfortable from the start. He doesn't just feel like a surgeon; he feels like an old friend. He believes in empowerment before and after procedures are done. He wants to help you face those insecurities you may have while simultaneously letting you know that beauty has no standards! He is incredibly easy to communicate with and genuinely listens when it comes to your wants and needs. He lets you take the wheel of your vision while also giving super insightful feedback. He asks you questions you wouldn't even think of to make sure that you get your dream results. He and his team (Jenna and Desiree are so fun and helpful!) was in constant communication before and after the procedure, always checking in and answering questions around the clock. He is truly a one-of-a-kind artist and surgeon!
McCall – Nov 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Patel, MD?
I had a great experience from initial consultation through post operative following for facial reconstructive surgery after a large facial defect from skin cancer
Aug 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Patel, MD?
I am forever grateful for Dr. Patel and his Team. I had surgery in June to correct breathing issues and my crooked nose due to an old injury. My results are phenomenal, I couldn't be happier. I can finally breathe equally through both sides of my nose for the first time in 24 years and my nose is straight!!!! Dr. Patel is highly skilled, compassionate, and treats you like family. His staff are extremely helpful, caring and there to answer any questions you may have. I cannot recommend him enough, we need more than 5 stars...
Jaime L. – Aug 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Patel, MD?
I had facial trauma after a fall on the beach in June 2019. It included a chin wound that had gone all the way through the skin, which was stitched at an urgent care near the accident. When it healed, a small, but thick, and noticeable lump formed over the site. It could *sort of* be covered up with makeup, but due to the way it healed, it was still there, no matter how I tried to cover it up. I saw Dr. Patel about 6 days after the accident to get his opinion. One thing I really appreciated was how he advocated for letting the body do its own natural healing as much as possible. I had my revision about 21 months after the accident and it was wonderful experience! The scar is now just a tiny line in the crease of my chin and hardly noticeable. I no longer feel self-conscious about my scar. Dr. Patel and his staff are wonderful and made me feel comfortable every step of the way! I would highly recommend them for facial plastic surgery.
Jul 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Patel, MD?
I can’t say enough good things about Dr. Patel and his staff. I have been extremely insecure about my nose for most of my life, and have always slightly struggled with breathing issues. I’m only 19 years old, so I was really nervous when i decided that I wanted surgery. On May 13th I had a Rhinoplasty with Dr. Patel. From my first consultation with Dr. Patel, my nerves were calmed and all of my questions were answered. He was very kind and caring and took the time to listen to me and talk to me and my family. I’m now 2 weeks post op and I’m so happy with my results!! Dr. Patel did exactly what I dreamed of and more. He treats every patient with compassion and always listens to them. Not only is he great, but his staff is also. Each and every one of them offered great care towards me and was available to answer any questions I had & to make me feel more comfortable. I can’t even begin to fully explain how thankful I am for Dr. Patel and his staff.
Maggie Thompson – May 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Patel, MD?
He is an excellent and very kind provider. I am amazed and so happy with my results. Dr Patel will listen very carefully to you and he will take good care of you. I would highly recommend Dr Amit Patel!
Feb 22, 2021
Great
Feb 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Patel, MD?
I am so grateful that a local ENT doctor referred me to Dr. Patel for my septorhinoplasty. After only a few minutes of observation and hearing my story, Dr. Patel was able to tell me exactly why I have the breathing issues I have and what improvements he could make with my breathing and chronic sinus and allergy problems. He was very honest about the process and about which surgical procedures would provide maximum benefit with minimal invasiveness. For me, a multi-faceted approach fixed the majority of my breathing problems - a straightened deviated septum, a reduction of enlarged turbinates, the strengthening of a collapsed nostril wall, and a slight enlargement of the bridge of the nose to increase air flow. The most assuring thing about Dr. Patel is that he listens. He listens to why you are there. He listens to what problems you are having, what results you want, what questions you have. He then devises a plan with you for your treatment and walks with you through every step.
Sarah Howard – Feb 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Patel, MD?
Seven months after my surgery to reposition my eyebrows to where they should have been I am so happy with how much more I can see. My eyes are literally wide open because of the wonderful skill of Dr. Patel.
Judith Craft – Feb 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Patel, MD?
After an injury left me with a severely deviated septum, breathing problems, and insecurities about my appearance, I knew I needed surgery. Having had a rhinoplasty several years ago, I was very apprehensive to undergo a second one. I ultimately decided to have the surgery due to my severe breathing issues, and scheduled with Dr. Patel. Due to the complexity of my case, I knew from the beginning that I would need someone with a lot of skill and experience. I am so thankful that I chose Dr. Patel. I am just a few months post-op, and I am absolutely thrilled with my results. I went from breathing primarily out of one nostril, to breathing equaling out of both! Additionally, my self-confidence has been restored!?? I could not be more grateful to Dr.Patel; he is truly gifted!
Jessica – Feb 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Patel, MD?
I wish I would’ve known and I would’ve done this sooner! I am so happy with the difference the nasal surgery has made in my breathing. Its been 4 months since my rhinoplasty and I am so happy with my results. I didn’t have to take any pain medication after surgery because this surgery was so smooth. I haven’t had to use my CPAP since surgery. I am sleeping better, breathing better, and feel like a new person. This surgery has made such a huge difference in my life because now I can sleep the whole night through without a breathing machine and I wake up with energy. My husband is much happier because I’m not as grumpy and more energetic. This is all due to Dr. Patel and staff!
Jequita – Jan 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Patel, MD?
I feel like my surgery was life changing. I had Bell’s Palsy 2 years ago as well as a broken nose in high school. After the Bell’s Palsy, I had a collapsed nasal passage. I could only breath out of one nostril and I wasn’t to sleep. I had terrible sleep apnea and hadn’t had a good nights sleep in 2 years. I was pleased with my surgery experience. The first four post -op days were rough, but tolerable. I’m currently 3 weeks post op and I feel so much better. I breathe and sleep so much better therefore feel better. My blood pressure has improved as well. I am very appreciative of Dr. Patel and would highly recommend him.
Charles Day – Jan 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Patel, MD?
I’m one year post-op and couldn’t be more thrilled with my results. Dr Patel performed an 8 hour nasal reconstruction in December 2019 after two prior failed surgeries by another surgeon many years ago. Since birth I had major breathing problems, sinus infections, etc and it had caused me serious quality of life problems. Not only did he correct the health problems I had, but his staff (Desiree) and he both have impeccable bedside manner and post-op follow-up care. Highly recommend Dr Patel to anyone considering or in need of facial reconstruction.
Lisa Causey – Jan 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Patel, MD?
My Dad underwent radical head and neck surgery due to an aggressive cancer. After recovery and radiation treatments, we were referred to Dr. Patel. Dr. Patel has performed a series of surgeries on my Dad to help restore some of the characteristics and function that was lost due to his cancer. This has also restored my Dads confidence in himself. Dr. Patels skills are truly amazing but he is also very caring and compassionate. His bedside manner is unsurpassed. He and his team make themselves available to their patients should any questions arise. My Dad was never one to go to the doctor much until this illness arose. He says “Dr. Patel is a great guy”. That’s quite a compliment coming from my Dad. We are truly blessed to have been treated by Dr. Patel and would highly recommend him to anyone.
Julie Sanford on behalf of Ronald Yeary – Nov 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Patel, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Patel?