Dr. Amit Patel, MD

Dr. Patel
Telehealth services available

UK HealthCare Aesthetics Center

2195 Harrodsburg Rd Fl 2 Lexington, KY 40504

Dr. Amit Patel, MD is a Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in Lexington, KY and has over 18 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University Of Louisville medical school in 2003. He is affiliated with medical facilities UK Albert B. Chandler Hospital Pavilion H and UK Good Samaritan Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Patel to book an appointment.

Compare Dr. Amit Patel, MD with other Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialists near you

Dr. Patel's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Patel

Dr. Patel

Dr. Patel is someone who makes you feel very comfortable from the start. He doesn't just feel like a surgeon; he feels like an old friend. He believes in empowerment before and after procedures are done. He wants to help you face those insecurities you may have while simultaneously letting you know that beauty has no standards! He is incredibly easy to communicate with and genuinely listens when it comes to your wants and needs. He lets you take the wheel of your vision while also giving super insightful feedback. He asks you questions you wouldn't even think of to make sure that you get your dream results. He and his team (Jenna and Desiree are so fun and helpful!) was in constant communication before and after the procedure, always checking in and answering questions around the clock. He is truly a one-of-a-kind artist and surgeon!
McCall – Nov 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Patel, MD?
I had a great experience from initial consultation through post operative following for facial reconstructive surgery after a large facial defect from skin cancer
Aug 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Patel, MD?
I am forever grateful for Dr. Patel and his Team. I had surgery in June to correct breathing issues and my crooked nose due to an old injury. My results are phenomenal, I couldn't be happier. I can finally breathe equally through both sides of my nose for the first time in 24 years and my nose is straight!!!! Dr. Patel is highly skilled, compassionate, and treats you like family. His staff are extremely helpful, caring and there to answer any questions you may have. I cannot recommend him enough, we need more than 5 stars...
Jaime L. – Aug 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Patel, MD?
I had facial trauma after a fall on the beach in June 2019. It included a chin wound that had gone all the way through the skin, which was stitched at an urgent care near the accident. When it healed, a small, but thick, and noticeable lump formed over the site. It could *sort of* be covered up with makeup, but due to the way it healed, it was still there, no matter how I tried to cover it up. I saw Dr. Patel about 6 days after the accident to get his opinion. One thing I really appreciated was how he advocated for letting the body do its own natural healing as much as possible. I had my revision about 21 months after the accident and it was wonderful experience! The scar is now just a tiny line in the crease of my chin and hardly noticeable. I no longer feel self-conscious about my scar. Dr. Patel and his staff are wonderful and made me feel comfortable every step of the way! I would highly recommend them for facial plastic surgery.
Jul 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Patel, MD?
I can’t say enough good things about Dr. Patel and his staff. I have been extremely insecure about my nose for most of my life, and have always slightly struggled with breathing issues. I’m only 19 years old, so I was really nervous when i decided that I wanted surgery. On May 13th I had a Rhinoplasty with Dr. Patel. From my first consultation with Dr. Patel, my nerves were calmed and all of my questions were answered. He was very kind and caring and took the time to listen to me and talk to me and my family. I’m now 2 weeks post op and I’m so happy with my results!! Dr. Patel did exactly what I dreamed of and more. He treats every patient with compassion and always listens to them. Not only is he great, but his staff is also. Each and every one of them offered great care towards me and was available to answer any questions I had & to make me feel more comfortable. I can’t even begin to fully explain how thankful I am for Dr. Patel and his staff.
Maggie Thompson – May 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Patel, MD?
He is an excellent and very kind provider. I am amazed and so happy with my results. Dr Patel will listen very carefully to you and he will take good care of you. I would highly recommend Dr Amit Patel!
Feb 22, 2021
Great
Feb 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Patel, MD?
I am so grateful that a local ENT doctor referred me to Dr. Patel for my septorhinoplasty. After only a few minutes of observation and hearing my story, Dr. Patel was able to tell me exactly why I have the breathing issues I have and what improvements he could make with my breathing and chronic sinus and allergy problems. He was very honest about the process and about which surgical procedures would provide maximum benefit with minimal invasiveness. For me, a multi-faceted approach fixed the majority of my breathing problems - a straightened deviated septum, a reduction of enlarged turbinates, the strengthening of a collapsed nostril wall, and a slight enlargement of the bridge of the nose to increase air flow. The most assuring thing about Dr. Patel is that he listens. He listens to why you are there. He listens to what problems you are having, what results you want, what questions you have. He then devises a plan with you for your treatment and walks with you through every step.
Sarah Howard – Feb 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Patel, MD?
Seven months after my surgery to reposition my eyebrows to where they should have been I am so happy with how much more I can see. My eyes are literally wide open because of the wonderful skill of Dr. Patel.
Judith Craft – Feb 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Patel, MD?
After an injury left me with a severely deviated septum, breathing problems, and insecurities about my appearance, I knew I needed surgery. Having had a rhinoplasty several years ago, I was very apprehensive to undergo a second one. I ultimately decided to have the surgery due to my severe breathing issues, and scheduled with Dr. Patel. Due to the complexity of my case, I knew from the beginning that I would need someone with a lot of skill and experience. I am so thankful that I chose Dr. Patel. I am just a few months post-op, and I am absolutely thrilled with my results. I went from breathing primarily out of one nostril, to breathing equaling out of both! Additionally, my self-confidence has been restored!?? I could not be more grateful to Dr.Patel; he is truly gifted!
Jessica – Feb 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Patel, MD?
I wish I would’ve known and I would’ve done this sooner! I am so happy with the difference the nasal surgery has made in my breathing. Its been 4 months since my rhinoplasty and I am so happy with my results. I didn’t have to take any pain medication after surgery because this surgery was so smooth. I haven’t had to use my CPAP since surgery. I am sleeping better, breathing better, and feel like a new person. This surgery has made such a huge difference in my life because now I can sleep the whole night through without a breathing machine and I wake up with energy. My husband is much happier because I’m not as grumpy and more energetic. This is all due to Dr. Patel and staff!
Jequita – Jan 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Patel, MD?
I feel like my surgery was life changing. I had Bell’s Palsy 2 years ago as well as a broken nose in high school. After the Bell’s Palsy, I had a collapsed nasal passage. I could only breath out of one nostril and I wasn’t to sleep. I had terrible sleep apnea and hadn’t had a good nights sleep in 2 years. I was pleased with my surgery experience. The first four post -op days were rough, but tolerable. I’m currently 3 weeks post op and I feel so much better. I breathe and sleep so much better therefore feel better. My blood pressure has improved as well. I am very appreciative of Dr. Patel and would highly recommend him.
Charles Day – Jan 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Patel, MD?
I’m one year post-op and couldn’t be more thrilled with my results. Dr Patel performed an 8 hour nasal reconstruction in December 2019 after two prior failed surgeries by another surgeon many years ago. Since birth I had major breathing problems, sinus infections, etc and it had caused me serious quality of life problems. Not only did he correct the health problems I had, but his staff (Desiree) and he both have impeccable bedside manner and post-op follow-up care. Highly recommend Dr Patel to anyone considering or in need of facial reconstruction.
Lisa Causey – Jan 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Patel, MD?
My Dad underwent radical head and neck surgery due to an aggressive cancer. After recovery and radiation treatments, we were referred to Dr. Patel. Dr. Patel has performed a series of surgeries on my Dad to help restore some of the characteristics and function that was lost due to his cancer. This has also restored my Dads confidence in himself. Dr. Patels skills are truly amazing but he is also very caring and compassionate. His bedside manner is unsurpassed. He and his team make themselves available to their patients should any questions arise. My Dad was never one to go to the doctor much until this illness arose. He says “Dr. Patel is a great guy”. That’s quite a compliment coming from my Dad. We are truly blessed to have been treated by Dr. Patel and would highly recommend him to anyone.
Julie Sanford on behalf of Ronald Yeary – Nov 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Patel, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Patel to anyone who is needing restorative surgery. I am beyond pleased with the outcome of my skin graft surgery on my nose that took place on August 7th, 2020. I believe he is a highly skilled Surgeon. Dr Patel was gracious, kind, and confident every time we met with him. He explained throughly what was needed to be done and did not mind the many questions we asked. From the first time we met him to discuss what was necessary to have done , to the actual surgery, and to the care afterwards; he went above and beyond what We expected . I thank God that our paths crossed and that we chose his care .
Chris – Nov 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Patel, MD?
Dr. Patel and his staff are outstanding. Dr. Patel did reconstruction on my nose twice after MOHS surgery. I am very pleased with the outcome, and he isn't finished yet. He is very professional and of course pays great attention to details. He always welcomes questions and concerns. His staff, Jenna and Desiree, are exceptional as well. They went above and beyond their job description after my surgery. I had questions and emailed Jenna on the weekend, thinking she would get back to me Monday. Not so. She responded that very day and continued to correspond with me throughout the weekend. When I called the office and went in for followups, Desiree answered my questions and gave me information that was very helpful. Anyone that has gone through medical procedures or have been very ill know how crucial it is to have professional care and, just as important, doctors and supporting staff like Dr. Patel, Desiree and Jenna who care about you.
Mary Etta Doolin – Feb 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Patel, MD?
I have been suffering from a deviated septum for 30 years. After meeting with Dr. Patel, he gave me the comfort and trust to resolve my issue. He performed a functional rhinoplasty, and after surgery I had no packing in the nose, little to no bleeding, pain or other issues. He is professional and kind. He has given me my life back and I couldn't be happier with the results of my surgery. After 30 years of living with this, I am finally able to breathe freely, which has made sleeping and exercising joyful. The surgery also freed me of my allergy issues of having a stuffed up nose or drainage in the back of my throat. I would highly recommend him to anyone that suffers from a deviated septum. Thank you Dr. Patel!
  • Long wait times
Eveline Dungan – Jan 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Patel, MD?
Reconstructed my nose so I could breath through it. Wonderful job! It looks better than I ever dreamed possible. Amazing! I wouldn't go anywhere else and I traveled from another state to see him!!
Laura – Oct 08, 2019
Hello Laura. We appreciate receiving compliments...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Patel, MD?
Hes a amazing straight forward doctor. He done an amazing job on my nose after it had gotten broken and I couldnt breathe. Now I breathe at a 100 percent and if I have any concerns they get answered! Amazing doctor!
Whitney hall – Sep 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Patel, MD?
When I checked in my wait time was at the most 10 minutes. Dr. Patel takes his time explaining what he can offer to fix the problem you are having. Mine was my nose and I am very satisfied of the outcome from surgery.
Vicki Boyles – Aug 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Patel, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Patel?

My philosophy is 1. to treat my patients like I would want someone to treat my mother or father and 2. that the best rejuvenation is the most natural one....Read more

• Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery