Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD

Otolaryngology-Head and Neck SurgeryMaleAge 41

Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD is a Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Specialist in Santa Monica, CA. Dr. Kochhar has more experience with Cranio-Facial Surgical Procedures than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Children's Hospital Los Angeles and Providence Cedars-Sinai Tarzana Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Kochhar to book an appointment.

Center for Healthy Aging

2125 Arizona Ave Santa Monica, CA 90404
Telehealth services available

Compare Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD with other Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Specialists near you

Dr. Kochhar's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kochhar

Dr. Kochhar

Well received. Informed decisions Options reviewed and future treatments and expectations explained
William Trobaugh – Sep 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD?
Dr. Kochhar is the absolute best! After a previous botched rhinoplasty in my late teens, and a pointless septoplasmy 5 years ago, I had given up hope that my nose could ever look even slightly normal or that I would ever be able to breathe through it again. Then I found Dr. Kochhar! From our first consultation he was so professional and so warm and friendly. He explained what he needed to do, and patiently listened to my concerns due to my previous surgeries. As Dr. Kochhar had to use my rib for the cartilage, I decided to do a breast augmentation/lift while I was under the same day. Dr. Kochhar did my nose, and Dr. Zampel did my boobs (they work together quite often). The results are already AMAZING - and I am only 7 days post op. Like Dr. Kochhar, Dr. Zampel is wonderful - they are the dream team for boobs and nose! I am so grateful to both of these incredible surgeons for not only doing a phenomenal job with the surgery, but for also taking such good care of me post and pre-op.
Mary Mullane – Aug 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD?
Had surgery with Dr Amit Kochhar for a collapsed nasal valve on one side and deviated septum. The surgery for deviated septum went very well without complications. I recovered rapidly. After packing was removed I was able to breath better. No bruising. The nose looked aesterically great, and there was no substantial difference with the 'before' looks. The swelling takes a number of weeks to completely disappear. Dr Amit and his staff are very competent and patient friendly. Athony who coordianted the paperwork and eeverything else for me was superb. I would definitely recommend Dr Kochhar tto my friends and relatives.
Marie Jose Deutsch – Aug 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD?
I suffered from difficulty breathing through my nose due to nasal valve collapse. The problem resulted from a failed septoplasty and turbinate reduction operation that took place in 2016. After my 2016 operation, I underwent two additional corrective operations that were a failure. My breathing worsened and my nose problem became a nightmare. Unfortunately I developed Nasal Valve Collapse and too much Cartilage had been removed from my Nose. (Proceed with Caution if you decide on any Nose procedure). In 2019, I was fortunate to meet Dr. Kochhar, his ability to let me explain what my symptoms were, and his bedside manners made a big difference. He quickly identified my health issue and provided me with information that made me comfortable that his proposed solution would work, and it did. I am very grateful to Dr. Kochhar. I highly recommend him. He is not only an excellent doctor but a wonderful human being. Thank you.
Jul 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD?
This review is a critique of Dr. Kochhar's staff and not the doctor himself. I waited 2 weeks for my appointment, and was asked to leaved because I supposedly had COVID symptoms. What were my symptoms? A very occasional sore throat, which has continued for 4 weeks. This is not COVID, especially with a normal temperature. And if the office wants to consider it COVID they knew my symptoms in advance and could have told me not to come or to get a COVID test first. They didn't do that and I wasted a couple of hours today that I could have used more productively.
  • Long wait times
Art – Jul 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD?
My teenager had some keloids, and Dr. Kochar did an incredible job of removing them surgically and rebuilding the area. Dr. Kochar was calm, professional, knowledgeable and empathic. Dr. Kochar suggested pairing the surgery with a bit of radiation, a newer technique that has had a lot of success with keeping keloids from growing back. He connected us with a great team at Children’s Hospital that was supportive and very helpful. I highly recommend Dr. Kochar.
  • Long wait times
May 25, 2021
Caring, receptive, wonderful doctor
May 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD?
I came to Dr. Kocchar a couple of months after I had an emergency surgery to save my life, it left me with facial palsy on one side. It was and still is a mystery if my face will ever fully recover. Dr. Kochhar expertly lifted my eyebrow just enough to match the other one so that no one can tell that it drooped on that side. He connected me with his colleague who is a Neuro Eye Surgeon who magically fixed the eye that would not close, so now it looks perfectly normal and I can close it without having to use a weight of any kind. Dr. Kochhar is a Very Thoughtful and Kind Doctor - I feel that he gives me 100% of his attention during my office visits and I will be forever grateful to him for helping me to feel and look better.
JM – Apr 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD?
Dr. Kochhar is a Very Kind, Caring, Thoughtful Doctor. You can trust that You will be in Excellent hands and that He will provide You with the Very Best Care. All of Your ENT needs including hearing and balance testing and any Plastic Surgery will be expertly taken care of. I came to him with facial palsy caused by a surgery that saved my life so I couldn't really complain. Besides the palsy, I was a mess dizzy all of the time. It is now 9.5 months later and thanks to Dr. Kocharr and his team of Colleagues, I am feeling so much better and my face is looking better, I don't feel the need to hide anymore. I am so grateful to be in his care.
JB – Apr 26, 2021
Just amazing.
FEDERICO FEDERICO RABE INSURANCE AGENCY RABE – Mar 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD?
Relief for the first time! I've had Ramsays Hunts syndrome for 4 years that left me with a constant nerve pain, tightness in my cheek as well as swelling in my eye. With Dr Kochar's help, I got such relief I was actually able to smile again. I don't have to massage my face constantly or reconstruct my makeup to appear symmetrical. I'll never be back to the old Angie, but the now Angie is pretty darn good. Thank you Dr Kochar for helping to ease my pain & insecurities.
Angie B – Mar 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD?
I had the best experience with Dr. Amit Kochhar! I have recommended him to all my friends. I was struggling to find the perfect surgeon, I had major breathing issues and my nose was extremely crooked from a previous rhinoplasty. I was very nervous considering this was my second rhinoplasty but after a few consultations with Dr. Kochhar I felt more than confident he was going to do an amazing job. Six months later I could not be more pleased with the results my breathing is finally 100% plus the appearance of my nose has improved. Overall amazing experience and highly recommend.
Samantha Bonanno – Mar 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD?
Dr. Kochhar did an excellent job on my nose surgery. He explained all the medical parts well, did a great job on the aesthetics, and had a friendly and comforting bedside manner throughout. If I had two noses, I'd work with him again!
Mar 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD?
I suffer from facial paralysis on the right side of my face and my self esteem was extremely low, I didn't like to go out in public. After seeing Dr. Kochhar, I am back to feeling beautiful and confident. From not being able to smile, I can now smile at 95%, I can close my eye, and my face is almost as new. Friends and family can notice they dramatic change in my life! Dr. Kochhar really changed my life and brought me back to life! Thank YOU !!
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Deeanna Carrera – Aug 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD?
I'm extremely happy with Dr. Kochhar. I broke my nose as a child, and over time my nostrils became very badly obstructed as I grew, pushing my septum leftward. I suffered from intermittent sleep apnea, and regularly found it very difficult to breathe, because I hate breathing through my mouth. Being a typical man, I put off going to doctors. 20+ uncomfortable years later, my wife pushed me and I went to Dr. Kochhar. It's now been around a month since my surgery. I'm healed, can breathe perfectly through my nose, my septum is now straight, and I'm happier than ever. Also of note, I requested that the shape and width of my nose, nostrils and bridge be unchanged, and am very pleased that I didn't end up with one of those "nosejob" faces, and that my wife, family and friends still recognize me. Absolutely recommended. This guy is a top-notch pro.
Brandon – Jul 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD?
Dr. Kochar really listens to you and will do everything he can to help his patients. He is a very kind and patient doctor, no ego and will work with other providers to make sure you have the best care possible. Highly recommend!!!
Jul 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD?
There Is No Limit In Stars That My Family want To Give Dr Kochhar in Every way . We recommend Him Highest We can. He is Golden" Words aren't enough to desribe him.
Jan 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD?
I had AN brain surgery in 2015 to remove a benign tumor between my 7th and 8th nerve. After an 8 hr surgery, I was left with facial paralysis and I was devastated. It was a risk I had to take, if I wanted this tumor removed! I had a very long road (years) to recovery ahead, with the threat of no recovery or very little at all. I could not shut my right eye and the right side of my face drooped awful! Flash forward to 2018, my surgeon refers me to Dr. Amit Kotchhar. I had made some progress on my own, but suffered from a condition: synkinesis. Could he help? From the get go, he was there to do all he could. I sent pics of my former self (prior surgery). He had a "we can do this, you got this" attitude. I have had nothing but remarkable recovery from his well trained, blessed hands and keen observations. He even referred me to a facial therapist in my area of OC! He saved my self - esteem and my face! I am grateful. High recommendation to anyone going through the same!
Public persona, would rather not. – Oct 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD?
I saw Dr. Kochar for trouble breathing through my nose. He performed a septoplasty, turbinate repair, and nasal valve stenosis repair (performing a cartilage graft). He preserved the integrity of my nose bump (which is hard to do in this type of surgery) because I asked him to (I wanted to preserve my ethnic traits). After the surgery I didn't even have any visible bruises and just a tiny bit of swelling under my eyes, which disappeared in one day. Normally people with rhinoplasty have swelling and bruises under the eyes, which I didn't have! The surgery went very well, impeccably. The healing period was normal with no complications. I can now breathe very well, and my sense of smell has greatly increased. I no longer mouth breathe at night and this has greatly improved my quality of life. It's been nearly 6 months now and my nose looks great and feels great. Dr Kochar was responsive to my questions pre and post op, and provided great follow up. I highly recommend him to everyone!!!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Nathalie L – Oct 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD?
I found Dr. Kochhar to be very professional. I'm very satisfied with the results of the procedure Dr. Kochhar performed on me. I would gladly recommend him to anyone looking for a physician specializing in his field.
Leonard Blumhardt – Aug 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kochhar?
Provider explaining information to patient