Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat •  Male • Age 40

Dr. Kochhar

USC Facial Plastic Surgery

1520 San Pablo St Ste 4600 Los Angeles, CA 90033

Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD is a Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialist in Los Angeles, CA. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Children's Hospital Los Angeles and Keck Hospital of USC. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Kochhar to book an appointment.

Compare Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD with other Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists near you

Dr. Kochhar's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kochhar

Dr. Kochhar?
      I suffer from facial paralysis on the right side of my face and my self esteem was extremely low, I didn't like to go out in public. After seeing Dr. Kochhar, I am back to feeling beautiful and confident. From not being able to smile, I can now smile at 95%, I can close my eye, and my face is almost as new. Friends and family can notice they dramatic change in my life! Dr. Kochhar really changed my life and brought me back to life! Thank YOU !!
      • Staff wasn't friendly
      Deeanna Carrera – Aug 03, 2020
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD?
      I'm extremely happy with Dr. Kochhar. I broke my nose as a child, and over time my nostrils became very badly obstructed as I grew, pushing my septum leftward. I suffered from intermittent sleep apnea, and regularly found it very difficult to breathe, because I hate breathing through my mouth. Being a typical man, I put off going to doctors. 20+ uncomfortable years later, my wife pushed me and I went to Dr. Kochhar. It's now been around a month since my surgery. I'm healed, can breathe perfectly through my nose, my septum is now straight, and I'm happier than ever. Also of note, I requested that the shape and width of my nose, nostrils and bridge be unchanged, and am very pleased that I didn't end up with one of those "nosejob" faces, and that my wife, family and friends still recognize me. Absolutely recommended. This guy is a top-notch pro.
      Brandon – Jul 25, 2020
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD?
      Dr. Kochar really listens to you and will do everything he can to help his patients. He is a very kind and patient doctor, no ego and will work with other providers to make sure you have the best care possible. Highly recommend!!!
      Jul 05, 2020
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD?
      There Is No Limit In Stars That My Family want To Give Dr Kochhar in Every way . We recommend Him Highest We can. He is Golden" Words aren't enough to desribe him.
      Jan 31, 2020
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD?
      I had AN brain surgery in 2015 to remove a benign tumor between my 7th and 8th nerve. After an 8 hr surgery, I was left with facial paralysis and I was devastated. It was a risk I had to take, if I wanted this tumor removed! I had a very long road (years) to recovery ahead, with the threat of no recovery or very little at all. I could not shut my right eye and the right side of my face drooped awful! Flash forward to 2018, my surgeon refers me to Dr. Amit Kotchhar. I had made some progress on my own, but suffered from a condition: synkinesis. Could he help? From the get go, he was there to do all he could. I sent pics of my former self (prior surgery). He had a "we can do this, you got this" attitude. I have had nothing but remarkable recovery from his well trained, blessed hands and keen observations. He even referred me to a facial therapist in my area of OC! He saved my self - esteem and my face! I am grateful. High recommendation to anyone going through the same!
      Public persona, would rather not. – Oct 11, 2019
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD?
      I saw Dr. Kochar for trouble breathing through my nose. He performed a septoplasty, turbinate repair, and nasal valve stenosis repair (performing a cartilage graft). He preserved the integrity of my nose bump (which is hard to do in this type of surgery) because I asked him to (I wanted to preserve my ethnic traits). After the surgery I didn't even have any visible bruises and just a tiny bit of swelling under my eyes, which disappeared in one day. Normally people with rhinoplasty have swelling and bruises under the eyes, which I didn't have! The surgery went very well, impeccably. The healing period was normal with no complications. I can now breathe very well, and my sense of smell has greatly increased. I no longer mouth breathe at night and this has greatly improved my quality of life. It's been nearly 6 months now and my nose looks great and feels great. Dr Kochar was responsive to my questions pre and post op, and provided great follow up. I highly recommend him to everyone!!!
      • Difficult to schedule appointment
      • Didn't explain conditions well
      Nathalie L – Oct 10, 2019
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD?
      I found Dr. Kochhar to be very professional. I'm very satisfied with the results of the procedure Dr. Kochhar performed on me. I would gladly recommend him to anyone looking for a physician specializing in his field.
      Leonard Blumhardt – Aug 05, 2019
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD?
      Dr. Kochhar takes time to listen to my concerns, and has always gotten back to me if I have a question between appointments.
      May 08, 2019
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD?
      I was referred to Dr. Kocchar after speaking with another ENT regarding my difficulty breathing through my nose. Dr. recommended septoplasty, turbinate reduction, and repair of nasal valve stenosis. He was very patient and answered every question I had. He was always very responsive via e-mail. The surgery was very quick and easy and the recovery was remarkably simpler than I thought it would be. I am now 3 weeks post op and can breathe like never before! I highly recommend Dr. Kocchar.
      Briana M in Glendale – Jan 31, 2019
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD?
      I am seeing Dr. Kochhar for facial nerve damage and he has been excellent. He went out of his way to review scans from another practice to validate the symptoms and has been creative and proactive in recommending and encouraging different strategies. He has been very (very) responsive to calls and email. He spends so much time with patients that nurses look in every so often to make sure he knows the time! He is definitely one of the best listeners I have encountered. Strongly recommend.
      Mark in Los Angeles – Jan 21, 2019
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD?
      Dr. Kochhar performed three surgeries for me: septoplasty, rhinoplasty, and turbinoplasty. He’s an excellent, thoughtful, and skilled surgeon. I visited multiple doctors prior to making the decision to correct my breathing, and Dr. K resonated with me. I have a fully functional nose now and couldn’t be happier being able to breathe from both nostrils!
      Nov 28, 2018
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD?
      Dr. Kochhar is treating me for synkinesis. I look forward to my appointments with him. He is not in a rush and answers questions thoroughly and with care. I would recommend Dr. Kochhar to others.
      Kristen – Nov 25, 2018
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD?
      He is a kind and professional listened to me and offered solution because of him um able to breathe normal after 5 years I highly recommend him to all my friends and family. He is an amazing doctor and human being
      Glendale, CA – Oct 11, 2018
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD?
      Dr. Kochhar has been absolutely incredible throughout my mother’s cancer journey. He helped us through the shock of her diagnosis with his comforting, warm, and friendly beside manner. Dr. Kochhar’s thorough explanation of the steps involved in her surgery and recovery processes helped us feel at ease. I would HIGHLY recommend him. I feel my mother was incredibly fortunate to be his patient.
      Oct 01, 2018
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD?
      I had a rhinoplasty done in 2005 in Beverly Hills and I was not 100% satisfied, I spoke with four different rhinoplasty surgeons and Dr. Amit Kochhar gave me the a lot of confidence and assurance that I would be pleased with the results so I decided to get my nose fixed with him. I had my surgery March 05, 2018 and I am very satisfied with the results from the surgery. Dr. Kochhar accomplished what the surgeon from Beverly Hills was not able to. I highly recommend Dr. Amit Kochhar
      Saul S B in Long Beach, CO – Sep 20, 2018
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD?
      I saw Dr. Kochhar for synkinesis, as a result of facial paralysis from Acoustic Neuroma surgery. He is providing Botox treatments to help relax the muscles. He was referred to me from my AN Surgeon, who I have great trust in. Dr. Kochhar and his staff are friendly, and patiently answers each question I have. He takes photo images to monitor progress. He has his own physical therapy staff that helped balance my treatment plan. I find Dr. Kochhar to be knowledgeable and patient for my care.
      Julie L in Arroyo Grande, CA – Sep 16, 2018
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD?
      Dr. Kochhar has a friendly personality. He thoroughly explains the procedure and it's possible outcomes. He doesn't rush you when you have questions. Typically when the cancerous parotid gland is removed that side of the face looks like you had a stroke, but my face is symmetrical. My oncologist said I had the best face of anyone he's seen with this surgery. Dr. Kochhar did many nerve grafts as well, so I can feel and use my face. He is my hero! I highly recommend Dr. Kochhar
      Cathy in Anaheim, CA – Sep 14, 2018
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD?
      Dr. Kochhar is an excellent doctor and a top notch surgeon. I had a scary accident in which my nose and my right orbital floor completely broke (bone on your lower eye socket) and needed surgery to insert a titanium plate. Needless to say, its is the type of surgery where you want the best and Dr. Kochhar was indeed that. He was reassuring, very direct, and clear. I am so thankful I had him as my surgeon.
      Phyllis in CA – Aug 31, 2018
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD?
      Having been patient of Dr. Kochhar for over a year and having received rhinoplasty surgery my gratitude for the treatment received could not be greater; Dr. Kochhar and his USC Team are dedicated healthcare professionals addressing all individual issues and options and delivering results exceeding highest expectations. Dr. Amit Kochhar is an outstanding medical professional delivering best outcomes and I highly recommended him - everyone considering facial plastic surgery should consult him !
      Mark - Ventura County – Aug 24, 2018
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD?
      Excellent surgeon who greatly improved my facial function following facial paralysis to left side of face due to cancerous tumor of parotid gland & lymph nodes near neck. He is an amazing, compassionate physician, who always is available to address any questions me and my wife have had. I have had two surgeries with Dr. Kochhar and Dr. Swanson for issues with cancer that metastasized. I had excellent care and was in such capable hands. We have been blessed to have Dr. Kochhar on our team.
      Martini in CA – Aug 20, 2018
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Kochhar, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kochhar?

I believe that each patient has unique experiences and perspectives that shape their goals of treatment. Thus, I strive to learn about my patients in depth to create a plan of care that meets each of their individual needs.

• Ear, Nose, and Throat