Dr. Amit Gupta, MD

Dr. Amit Gupta, MD

Interventional Cardiology | Male

I completed my graduate studies in India and moved to the United States for higher education. I trained at State University of New York and later at Tufts School of Medicine before starting practice in Tupelo, MS in 2007.

I am currently working with a great cardiovascular care team comprising of 15 board certified cardiologists, 6 experienced Nurse Practitioners/PAs and several talented nurses, support staff and medical assistants.

Our group has been a leader in advancing medical science through clinical research. With a dedicated research department, our group has been a leader in investigating new approaches to preventing and treating cardiovascular conditions and diseases.

It is through research that medical breakthroughs and better treatment modalities are established. Our clinical research program allows us to make available promising new drug therapies and devices to our patients in North East Mississippi. Not only does involvement in these studies keep our staff abreast of the latest treatment, but research protocols often provide medication and services to our patients that are not yet available to the general population.

Most importantly the group prides itself in "DOING THE RIGHT THING ALWAYS" and is a place where the "PATIENT ALWAYS COMES FIRST".

Dr. Gupta's Experience

See how Dr. Gupta's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gupta

Dr. Gupta accepts 17 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Gupta has admitting privileges.

Dr. Gupta's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gupta to family and friends
Dr. Gupta's Performance
in Pontotoc Ms |
Dr. Gupta is professional and friendly. He is very interested in your health, always has time to talk with you, go over your medicines and all blood work. I appreciate him very much.
in Thaxton, MS |
I have always found Dr. Gupta to be very professional and concerned with my heart health. He is the only Cardiologist I have seen but I would expect him to be one of the best.
in Oxford, MS |
Dr. Gupta has been most professional, personal, and caring every time we have gone to see him. Last January, in an annual exam, he found my husband had suffered a silent heart attack, and his knowledge and skill in advising and guiding us through a most difficult time was outstanding. His staff told us he is always researching to find out new information, evaluating where his field is at this time, and knowing each patient's body as well as he can. In short: HE'S GREAT!!!!
in Tupelo, MS |
Very genuine and caring individual. Had me in the hospital two days over the weekend when I had a heart attack. He did 2 stents to my heart. Felt better instantly. Explained everything very well. I saw his nurse practitioner in the clinic later who was equally thorough.
in Water Valley |
Dr. Gupta Is a kind doctor who clearly cares about all his paitents I am blessed to have him.
in Saltillo, MS |
Easy to talk to and understand. Nice personality. Good support staff. Highly recommend him. Called me back on the test results the same day.
in Pontotoc, MS |
My primary doctor in Pontotoc wanted me seen urgently, so he called Dr. Gupta who agreed to see me the next day he was in clinic. I found him to be a very personable doctor who made me feel at ease. Was very kind and answered all my questions. Reassured my family (many of whom have a medical background). He is quite busy but did not make me feel rushed. Very happy with his office staff. Every one was very courteous and professional.
Have you seen Dr. Amit Gupta, MD?
Are you Dr. Gupta?

Compare Dr. Gupta

Dr. Gupta says...

Dr. Gupta's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Interventional Cardiology
  •  Board certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology
  •  Malpractice claims in Mississippi not available

Dr. Gupta has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Mississippi.

Why It Matters: Dr. Gupta's Board Certifications

• Cardiomegaly
  • Cardiomyopathy
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease

SUNY State University Hospital

Completed in 2006

Maulana Azad Med Coll-Delhi U

Graduated in 1994

Dr. Gupta does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gupta and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Interventional Cardiology
  • Cardiology
  • Clinical Lipidology
  • Vascular Medicine

• Angioplasty
  • Angioplasty With Stent Placement
  • Arterial Duplex Ultrasound
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Event Monitor
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Carotid Artery Stent Placement
  • Carotid Ultrasound
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Coronary Angiogram
  • Peripheral Angioplasty
  • Peripheral Artery Catheterization
  • Thrombolysis
  • Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors
  • Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE)
  • Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)
  • Vascular Duplex Ultrasonography and Plethysmography