Dr. Amit Goswami, MD

Pain Medicine ·  Male · Age 45

Dr. Goswami

Midtown East Office

115 E 57th St Fl 16 New York, NY 10022

Dr. Amit Goswami, MD is a pain medicine specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 14 years. He graduated from King Edward Vii Memorial Hospital; Seth G S Medical College in 1999 and specializes in pain medicine, pain medicine anesthesiology, and more.

Dr. Goswami's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Goswami

3.8

Dr. Goswami?
Dr. Goswami's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Amit Goswami, MD
I would not suggest anyone suffering in severe pain to go to this doctor ! The office is dirty and the doctor is extremely difficult to deal with !! I have been suffering with pain for 4 months He prescribed me a medication that did not offer any relief ! His told me to increase my dose and take 2 at a time This caused me to have severe migraines and a rapid heat rate ! I immadistjey made him aware of this , and he told me to just keep taking it !! He refused to change the medication
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Goswami, MD?
Being treated by Dr Goswami was like being herded like cattle. His race to get through as many patients as possible on treatment days is evident in the way he yells at his staff while packing patients in to wait for hours on end. He gave me injections every two weeks under anesthesia with no real relief or comment from him. Every question that I had was met with very vague responses and "lets just see what happens". Dr Goswami lacked compassion for his patients and staff. Very unprofessiona
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Goswami, MD?
Avoid this practice. First visit, got enough meds to make ANYBODY physically dependent. Had half a dozen "procedures" in his surgical building in Paterson, none of which helped. Had to come to office every 2 weeks despite the expense. The worst part is that, after only 3 months, he literally threatened to stop writing meds, the ONLY things that actually helped with the pain, if I refused to continue doing these painful procedures. Ended up leaving, had to go to hospital to detox from the meds.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Goswami, MD?
Ii have been coming to to the surgical center for back procedures for 3 mths now. So far I am very impressed I've since gone back to work. Climbing up and down ladders, panting houses and haven't had one problem with my back. I had several procedures before that didn't work and prevented me from doing normal housework! I can honestly say I'm GREATFUL to dr goswami and his staff for making this poSS.for me! So if u get STUCK MORE THAN ONCE A DAY...call dr goswami. He's the best!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Goswami, MD?
My experience was the best. I called the day i was so much in pain and William answered the call, I was crying and he said don't worry come today to one of the office the doctor is working today. I felt a relief because I had called 2 office and they said 3 weeks for next appointment. The Dr. Goswami was understood my pain and gave me a solution. A few treatments and the pain went away. I'm so grateful to have him as my Dr. I recommend it as the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Goswami, MD?
Dr. Goswami has been my pain management doctor for several years. I have chronic back and neck problems that will never completely heal, but Dr. Goswami's treatment has made my pain manageable to the point where I can lead a normal life. Dr. Goswami's methods have produced far better results than any other pain management doctors that I have been treated by. I am unfortunately moving out of state and I can only hope that I can find a doctor as good as Dr. Goswami as I continue my treatment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Goswami, MD?
the past 20 years I've been to numerous doctors numerous amounts of pain medication nothing fix this problem until I met dr. Goswami he prescribed the proper medication and get a spinal injection with anesthesia which solved the pain problem this man is a godsend I cannot say enough about his staff how professional they are the doctor is very nice man thank you to his whole team at the moment I am pain free 90% of the time he is a very smart doctor who knows what he's doing
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Goswami, MD?
Dr Goswami has been the best, he is a perfectionist and the outcomes prove the rest.. been with him since 03/2012 til now.. besides being such a wonderful human being, his skills are second to NONE.. Love this man like family cause that's how he treats me I couldn't ask for anything more.. My life improved because of his hard work and dedication! JD LPD#297
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Goswami, MD?
He is an excellent Doctor. He listens and explains procedures to you. The process may seem long but in the long run you are guaranteed to be able to function better and better as time goes on. When I have really bad days experiencing pain Dr. Goswami has acted quickly and helped to relieve the pain so that I can function with my everyday activities. In two years I went from doing nothing to chasing my grandchild around the park. That means a lot to me and I thank Dr. Goswami for that.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Goswami, MD?
Dr G; what can I say? He took the time to listen to me, he took the time to come up with a plan. He suggested injections in my back to relieve pain in the knee. He's not there to just write a script and toss you out. He cares. He's a doctor who would rather have you get better than keep seeing you. Im a cop and he gave me my life back. Do I require pain meds? Yes! But he does interventional aspects as well so im not reliant on them. Im moving and im going to have a hard time finding another Dr G
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Goswami, MD?
Be Very Cautious. I read all the glowing reviews, I don't get it. I had bulging cervical discs which was causing severe pain in my left arm and shoulder. After looking at my MRI and a total of 5 minutes, he suggested a Facet joint ablation. 4 procedures, Some, doctors will try and get as many procedures as they can out of a patient. An epidural would have done the trick. After waiting a month for my records in his notes he had pain DOES NOT radiate into arms WRONG. Big mistake going to him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Goswami, MD?
Dr Gowasmi is compasionate and understanding when treating patients with pain . I have pain from a nerve entrapment. My PCP identified the nerve lower left abodmen called iliohypo grastric nerve.the pain was severe. Radiated to the pelvic area around lower back..I for great results with injections 1&2./.now Dr G is going to use another Injection for my back and abodmen.. So I am looking forward to that. I am now able to get on with my life.Dr GOSWAMI will find the right treatment for you.. L
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Goswami, MD?
Dr. Goswami & his staff are truly a rare occurrence in the world of patient experience; specifically pain mgmt. I have been a long time sufferer of back pain. I?ve been to several orthopedic specialists & physical therapists, of which none of the treatments I received yielded the proper educational direction & pain relief I needed. I am thankful to Dr. Goswami & his staff (who all are truly a reflection of the Dr?s kindness & professionalism) for helping me on my journey to recovery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amit Goswami, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Goswami?

OUR MISSION To provide compassionate care of the highest quality for treatment of chronic pain syndromes and related illnesses. To develop multidisciplinary programs that enhance the quality of life of patients. OUR VALUES: Quality: A commitment to p...

• Pain Medicine

• Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Urdu

Dr. Goswami accepts

Dr. Goswami accepts the following insurance:

No malpractice claims found for New York

Dr. Goswami treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Bone Disorders

Dr. Goswami treats Bone Disorders more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Goswami treats this condition more than 98% of his peers

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Goswami treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 95% of his peers

Dr. Goswami treats this condition more than 95% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Brachial Neuritis

• Headache-Free Migraine
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Knee Pain
  • Kyphoplasty
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Meniscus Tear
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spondylosis
  • Stellate Ganglion Block
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia