Dr. Amir Zia, MD

Dr. Amir Zia, MD

Neurology | Male

Zia Neurology Associates 996 Wilkinson Trce Ste A7 Bowling Green, KY 42103 Get Directions

Dr. Amir Zia, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Bowling Green, KY. He is 47 years old. Dr. Zia is affiliated with The Medical Center at Bowling Green and TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital.

Dr. Zia's Experience

See how Dr. Zia's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Zia

Dr. Zia accepts 17 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Zia has admitting privileges.

Dr. Zia's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Zia to family and friends
2.6
Dr. Zia's Performance
Decatur, GA |
I don't know much about the doctor but I know more then I'd like to. I have a daughter that is convinced something is wrong with her she has a baby she's been experiencing numbing she has seen countless doctors Vanderbilt and so on can find nothing wrong still convinced in her mind something is so doctor Z found 4 out of 10 that his ad covers wow! Isn't that convenient! A place you can get pain meds even though you don't hurt and Botox. I'd recommend RUN! Away!!!
Glasgow, KY |
The wait time was always 3 hours plus and we often had to stand. The office staff were beyond rude. After such a wait, you saw the doc for a total of 5 minutes. He ran ever test billable to insurance and never explained why or results. Some of the tests were done wrong. When I asked for results I was given a cover letter a month later. I left and won't be returning! I am so much happier elsewhere and healthier with more money in the bank and less wait time!
in Rochester, KY |
Gave one star just because there were no stars. Worst Dr. I ever encountered. Needs to be taught how to talk to people. Find another dr.
in Bowling Green, KY |
It's all about that money! My mom keeps getting shots for pain. ( Supposedly nerve blocks) but yet a series of appointments after appointment. When questions are asked there isn't really time for that as he is rushing every patient through. I have yet to see a compassionate action here! Be advised you'll possibly wait two hours plus.
in Adolphus, KY |
Awful experience with Dr. Zia! I went to him for excruciating nerve pain and got nothing after 4 visits but more pain! You wait in his OVERCROWDED (many times at standing room only) waiting room for HOURS to be seen. He rushes you through your visit and treats you with no compassion at all! I was given a nerve block (my first one ever). They did not prepare me for the experience of getting this nerve block and it was the worse experience's I've ever had. I left in tears. I will never go back.
Kentucky |
Staff is very rude. They never return my phone calls. It takes months to get an appointment. The waiting time was over an hour. Zia is very rude and unprofessional. I was trying to ask a question before the procedure and he yelled at me saying "do you want these injections or not? I have a lot of patients out here! And he just walked out of the room. He does not care about the patients only making the money. I do not recommend him at all!
in Bowling Green, KY |
My mother has been a patient of Dr Zia's for 5 days as he has tried to diagnose her sudden onset weakness in both legs. After numerous MRIs and other tests and no working diagnosis he refuses to refer her to another neurology practice. I would NEVER recommend him! He quickly dismisses family member concerns and hurriedly rushes through questioning. If you or a family member has a neurological issue, see a neurologist who can come up with a diagnosis and not a list of symptoms.
in Morgantown, KY |
We have had two experiences. One with my mom. One with an uncle my husband takes care of. The office staff is rude. The manager of the office doesn't have any concept of manners. A test result was lost. Never got it. The wait is over the top. This doctor is very arrogant. His knowledge in the field is not worth all the "stuff" you deal with. They were rude to our nursing home. Then they were refusing records. I could go on and on.
in Hodgenville ky |
Dr Zia is one of the most compassionate Doctor I have ever had. He takes the time to listen to you and generally cares for you just not as a patient but a friend. Great staff. If I need something or help on. He takes care of it. Best doctor ever on diagnosing my health problems and listens to you. John jeffries
Lebanon, TN |
Not happy with the staff. They are slow making referral appointments.
in Bowling Green, KY |
Appointment times are not met, always longer than expected wait times. Also have many issues with his office staff. Paperwork you need filled out takes weeks. And charges for every form separately. Not very friendly office staff makes it hard to keep seeing this Dr. But he did find the rare medical issues I have.
in Cave City, Kentucky |
Waiting time is extremely long. Dr. Zia doesn't listen to his patients, and he was rude to me. I have always treated them with professional courtesy. No where to sit unless you like to stand outside the door. The staff hang up on you and being unprofessional, and they're rude. Stay away from this doctor. That's free advice and didn't cost you nothing but your time.
Dr. Zia himself is a wonderful doctor. I didn't like the fact I didn't get the phone call, because I had to take off of work and not one phone call was made to reschedule my EMG that was ordered by Dr. Zia. I would think that would be a simple courtesy phone call. After all, if you can't make your appointment you have to give them a courtesy call. Communication is a 2-way street.
in Bowling Green, KY |
I think Dr. Zia is the best Dr. ever. Yes, sometimes there is long wait times but if you want the best you have to be patient. And you need to understand if there is an emergency you might have to wait longer. But if it was you that was in need of the emergency, you would want him to come to you. So Please just have patience its worth it.Yes, I would recommend him to friends and family. I'm glad he is my Dr. and I hope to always have him.
Have you seen Dr. Amir Zia, MD?
Are you Dr. Zia?

Compare Dr. Zia

}

Dr. Zia's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurology
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Kentucky not available
  •  Sanctions found

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kentucky.

Sanction

Dr. Zia has received 1 sanction

• Multiple Categories (2/7/2017)
    • Action Taken: License Restricted
    • Summary: Please reference the following Document
    • Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    • State: Kentucky

• Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebral Palsy
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chiari's Deformity
  • Chorea (Excluding Huntington's Chorea)
  • Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuritis
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Lyme Disease
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Parkinsonism
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Polymyositis
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
  • Subdural Hemorrhage
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo
  • Visual Field Defects

Rawalpindi Medical College, University Of Health Sciences Lahore

Dr. Zia does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Zia and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurology