Dr. Amir Tahernia, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Male

Desert Orthopedic Center 39000 Bob Hope Dr Rancho Mirage, CA 92270 Get Directions
Dr. Amir Tahernia, MD
A. David Tahernia, M.D. is a board-certified, fellowship trained orthopedic spinal surgeon. He joined Desert Orthopedic Center in 2003 where he is the Director of the Comprehensive Spine Center. Raised in Tulsa, Oklahoma, Dr. Tahernia comes from a medical family: his father, a pediatric cardiologist; and his mother, a registered nurse. He attended the University of Tulsa and graduated magna cum laude. He was honored by the University of Tulsa as Man of the Year. He is also a charter member of Phi Beta Kappa. Dr. Tahernia earned his medical degree, completed his internship and residency at the University of Pennsylvania. It was there that his interest in spinal surgery evolved: "I found every facet of spinal surgery to be fascinating, from the complex anatomy, to the wide variety of disease processes." During his time at the University of Pennsylvania, he also received the Stanley Chung Award for Excellence in Orthopedic Research. Dr. Tahernia completed his fellowship in spinal surgery at the University of Colorado, and has coauthored numerous articles and delivered regional and national presentations. He is actively involved in several clinical research projects, evaluation cutting-edge treatments for a variety of spinal disorders. Commenting on his specialty, Dr. Tahernia says: "The field of spinal surgery is extremely rewarding and continually evolving. The most satisfying part of my work is having the opportunity to improve my patient's quality of life, either through conservative modalities or with surgical intervention."

Dr. Tahernia's Care Philosophy

"The most satisfying part of my work is having the opporunity to improve my patient's quality of life, either through conservative modalities or with surgical intervention"

Dr. Tahernia's Experience

See how Dr. Tahernia's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Tahernia

Dr. Tahernia accepts 1 insurance carrier

Dr. Tahernia is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Tahernia has admitting privileges.

Dr. Tahernia's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tahernia to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Tahernia's Performance
in Rancho Mirage, CA |
Dr Tahernia has done multiple surgeries on my back. He is an excellent doctor and has a great bedside manner. I have recommended Dt Tahernia to several people. I really admire him and thank God he is my orthopedic surgeon.
in Indio, CA |
I've referred 13 people to Dr. Tahernia over the past 5 years since having back surgery. Everyone loves him. I was so bad I couldn't sit and had to lay on my stomach and have my husband assist me in walking anywhere the pain was so bad. Dr. Tahernia gave us our lives back and like I said, it's been 5 wonderful years, golfing a few times a week and doing everything I used to do. What a blessing he is!! Thank you Dr. Tahernia and I'll keep those referrals coming.
in Desert Hot Springs, CA |
Dr. Tahernia is an excellent surgeon & I highly recommend him to anyone for a speedy recovery & seamless procedure. I had a broken neck from a drunk driver who was going up the hill on the wrong side of the street, it was a serious injury and required a delicate surgical procedure close to the spinal cord. Dr Tahernia gave me confidence in our preliminary appointments & I went into surgery with full assurance that he would do an excellent job & he did & I didn't even need physio. Many Thanks xox
in Indio , ca |
Dr Tahernia , is a blessing from God This man has given me my quality of life back . Prior to surgery I suffered with pain for 5 long years After unsuccessful pain management treatments Nothing seemed to give me relief I decide 5 years into battling this mechanical problem in my neck that i no longer could continue this way It had robbed me of 5 years of my life , I had no choice butt to move forward with survey . I was blessed to have such a compassiinate Dr. God bless you DR.T
Have you seen Dr. Amir Tahernia, MD?
Are you Dr. Tahernia?

Compare Dr. Tahernia

Dr. Tahernia says...

Dr. Tahernia's Care Philosophy

Dr. Tahernia's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for California.

• Back Injuries