Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Amir Moinfar, MD
Dr. Amir Moinfar, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Glen Burnie, MD. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Dr. Moinfar is affiliated with Baltimore Washington Medical Center.

1413 Madison Park Dr

Glen Burnie, MD 21061

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • CoreSource
  • Golden Rule
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Maryland Physicians Care

Learn about Dr. Moinfar

Dr. Moinfar's Experience

Dr. Moinfar's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

• Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• University Of Virginia
  • University Of Maryland Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2004
  • Duke University Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005

Dr. Moinfar has no media or publications listed.

• Farsi
  • French

Dr. Moinfar does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Moinfar and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Moinfar's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Moinfar to family and friends
Dr. Moinfar's Performance
in Millersville ,MD |
Dr Moinfar is the best orthopedic doctor our family has ever been treated by . He has done a knee replacement , shoulder repairs, ankle repair and injections on family and friends. He has GREAT bedside manner and very understanding . He communictes and makes everything he does so you are prepared and know what's happening every step of the way . We would not see anyone else for our orthopedic needs ! Super nice man !! Recommend Dr Moinfar highly !! Oh a plus his staff is awesome !!! Thank you !
in Pasadena, MD |
I have been a patient of Dr. MOINFAR for years. He is wonderful! Very knowledgeable and caring. I recommend him to all my family and friends.
in Severn, MD |
Doctor Moinfar is friendly, knowledgeable, and on time. My sons operation went as planned with no surprises. I would definitely use him again.
in Pasadena |
Today, April 14, 2017, I just had my last visit with Dr. Moinfar for a rotator cuff injury that I first sought his treatment for over a year ago. I am happy to be done with this matter and very pleased that throughout my experience Dr. Moinfar, his office staff, the surgery center staff and the PT staff have been wonderful. Dr. Moinfar and his team were very professional, courteous and friendly. Dr. Moinfar explained every aspect of my treatment in layman's terms which I greatly appreciated.
Crofton, MD |
Office staff was easy to deal with. They were very pleasant. Dr. Moinfar was very knowledgable and thorough in his explanations. He was very personable. Post operation pain was very little. Greta post op care and partnership with physical therapy. We would definitley use him again and recommend him to all of our friends and family.
in Glen Burnie, MD |
My dealings were actually with Dr. Deyhim of this practice. I had extensive surgery on my left foot and now realize I should have done so several years ago. Dr. Deyhim knew I only wanted to do this surgery one time so he took care of everything...he fused two bones together on my great toe, shortened the 2nd toe, repaired the hammer toe on the 3rd one and snipped the tendon of the 4th toe. I followed his pain protocol following surgery and was grateful he always listened to me.
Woodbine, MD |
My daughter was a high school athlete in the middle of the college recruiting process when we contacted Dr. Moinfar about her torn meniscus. He got us in for a consult within days and scheduled for surgery within 2 weeks. He tailored her recovery so she would be able to return the sports at the earliest possible time. He worked closely with her physical therapist and she was back on the basketball court 4 weeks after surgery. My family was very blessed to have found Dr. Moinfar.
in Pasadena, MD |
My son experienced a knee injury during his Sophomore year, dislocating his knee and causing nerve damage. We were under the care of another doctor when his knee was not getting any better. Our PT recommended we go see Dr. Moinfar. I am so glad we did. A MRI showed cartilage still floating around. Dr. Moinfar operated, removed all the floating cartilage and after several months of PT my son was able to enjoy and play his Senior year. I trust and would recommend anyone to Dr. Moinfar.
in Pasadena, MD |
I have been a patient of Dr. Moinfar for about 8 years. He has treated me for various problems, most recently he performed my full knee replacement. I have the utmost trust in him and his ability to give me the best care possible. Unless I have an orthopedic problem he cannot handle I will never leave his practice. I would also like to add that his staff is the best. I am always greeted with a smiling face and top notch service.
in Severn, MD |
I had shoulder surgery June 2016. I can't even begin to tell you what a wonderful experience it has been to work with Dr. Moinfar and his office professionals. From the first time I visited the office I was so impressed with how warm, personable, knowledgeable and professional everyone was. They were with me every step of the way through surgery and recovery. I can't say enough about the very positive experience I had. I would highly recommend Dr. Moinfar to everyone! He is tops in my book!
in Glen Burnie, MD |
I separated my shoulder and Dr. Moinfar performed the surgery to repair it. He is great! He talked to me about all of my options and gave me his opinion as to what I should do. He explained the entire process to me and what to expect. He was honest and upfront. His staff is helpful and friendly and informative. I highly recommend him.
in Pasadena, MD |
I received outstanding medical care and highly recommend Dr. Moinfar for surgery. Dr. Moinfar thoroughly explained my medial condition which required surgery. He skillfully was able to reconstruct my shoulder to optimal condition which has enabled me to continue work full time without limitations. Dr. Moinfar is personable and made time to answer questions.
in Maryland |
Dr. Moinfar performed shoulder surgery on me for a torn rotator cuff back in February 2016. I had my last follow up visit today. I found the experience with him to be every thing I could expect of quality care. I had extremely little discomfort. My shoulder is back to normal like it was before my injury. All scheduling, insurance claims & follow up visits were done by his very efficient staff making the whole experience trouble free. No suprises here. I certainly would recommend him.
in Pasadena, MD |
Dr. Moinfar performed shoulder surgery for a torn rotator cuff. I can't say enough about the professional manner he possesses. Five months after having the surgery my shoulder is good as new and I am back to performing tasks which prior to surgery I could not do.
in Severn, MD |
Dr. Moinfar performed the ACL reconstruction on my right knee utilizing the hamstring tendon graft. He did a fantastic job and I've made a full recovery and returned to sports. I will gladly see him again should I have any knee issues in the future.
in Glen Burnie, MD |
Dr. Moinfar was very kind to me as well as his interns. His explanation of my condition was very clear and when it was time for me to have my surgery he explained all what was going to happen. I am very pleased with where I am at and the PT place where he recommended for me to go (Bayside). I highly recommend him.
in Arnold, MD |
Dr. Moinfar was recommended to me by a surgical nurse. He was clearly very knowledgeable and fully explained the injury to my shoulder, the recommended surgery, recovery time, etc. I was a little apprehensive that with the damage I had to my shoulder I may never regain full use. Now less than 1 year later, I am as good as new. This is a first class operation from the doctor all the way through the office staff. I would highly recommend Dr. Moinfar to all my family and friends.
in Glen Burnie, MD |
The experience with Dr. Moinfar was excellent. He helped me with a frozen should that was extremely painful...after going to 2 doctors prior who didn't help at all. I finally found Dr. Moinfar and was able to operate and now I'm doing great! I'm able to lift my arm straight up in the air - 3 weeks after surgery....pain is so much less and I'm able to do my normal routine again i.e. brush my hair, wash hair, dress, etc. I highly recommend Dr. Moinfar to everyone!!!
in Woodbine, MD |
Dr Moinfar is one of the most responsive, caring, knowledgeable doctors I have ever interacted with. His bedside manner and genuine care is without question first class
in Pasadena, MD |
Dr.Moinfar has been excellent. He has been professional and friendly to me and performed my 2 operations flawlessly. He has taught me about my body and thoroughly explained what and why procedures should be performed.
Linthicum Heights, MD |
Dr. Moinfar was great to work with! He took his time to explain and help ease any apprehension about the surgery needed. I was confident going in and extremely satisfied with the results.
New York, NY |
Dr Moinfar has treated 4 different members of my family. We have all been highly satisfied with his treatments/surgeries.
Glen Burnie, MD |
Dr Moinfar is an awesome doctor. He is very kind and listens to what I say. I would recommend Dr Moinfar to everyone. He sees my husband, daughter and I have recommended several of my friends to see him. I appreciate his kindness and his honesty. Thanks Dr Moinfar.
Pasadena, MD |
Dr. Moinfar overcharges for DME. Instead of giving pt an option to purchase elsewhere, his staff fits you & sends it with you that day. Charged close to $600 for a brace that cost $98 from manufacturer.The ins co said its up to dr how much he wants to charge.They wouldn't return it & Joy(billing) said 'dr's are hurting right now they need their$'& laughed when offered to pay$25/month until paid off, saying 'dr Moinfar would never agree to such a sm amt'. His office staff can be rude at times.
in Odenton MD |
Excellent amazing MD!!
in Gaithersburg, MD |
He's the best in this kind of specialty and 3 of my family member visited him and they all doing fine and satisfied with the work he has done for them.
Have you seen Dr. Amir Moinfar, MD?
Are you Dr. Moinfar?

CareFirst Maryland POS
  • CoreSource
    Southern Health PPO
  • Golden Rule
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Maryland Physicians Care