Internal Medicine  |
Male
Dr. Amir Etemad, MD
Dr. Amir Etemad, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Phoenix, AZ.

1111 E McDowell Rd

• Medical Mutual of Ohio
  • Meritain Health

Learn about Dr. Etemad

Dr. Etemad's Experience

Dr. Etemad's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Education data for Dr. Etemad is unavailable at this time.

Dr. Etemad has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Etemad does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Etemad and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Etemad's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Etemad to family and friends
2.1
Dr. Etemad's Performance
    POOR
    GOOD
    Over 45 minutes
Mesa, AZ |
My wife was admitted to Banner in Mesa, the care at this facility was normally very good but when Dr. Etemad stepped into her hospital room, it all went down hill. This doctor has a temper, verified by the staff, horrible beside manner (he told me wife to be quiet while he spoke to me) Very rude! If you have him, request another provider, that is your right! He said he was the head of medicine, but he wasn't, I actually spoke to Dr. Etemad's boss. STAY AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR! Unprofessional!
Payson, AZ |
I was recently under the care of Dr. Etemad and was greatly impressed with his short, yet detailed explanations of my condition. I am familiar with the medical system and firmly believe that Dr. Etemad truly understands the philosophy of medicine. Be warned, he is not one to put up with any funny business or hand out pain meds, something much needed in today's society. I would trust Dr. Etemad with even my closest family given his knowledge and expertise.
Phoenix, AZ |
Mom admitted to Banner Gateway. Needed answers to why my mom was not getting a procedure that was placed by another doc. Dr Etemad walks in, starts convo by asking,"How many pts have we treated with this procedure?" Then stands above us and insinuates the Dr that placed procedure is wrong. Dr Etamed raised his voice,tried to intimidate us.Thankfully, conversaron was witnessed by hospital employees who were equally appalled and suggested we file a complaint. Arrogant, non compassionate, egomaniac
Gilbert, AZ |
Dr. Etemad is an excellent physician. He is very caring, considerate, and takes the time to listen. I would highly recommend Dr. Etemad to others.
in Chandler, AZ |
I am very surprised to see the negative comments regarding Dr. Etemad. When I saw him he was very kind and helpful as were the nurses. I was waiting to see a Specialist that was taking forever and he helped speed things up so I could go home. If I ever go to a hospital again would be Banner Gateway.
in Gilbert, AZ |
very un profesional, unbelievable, blind sided me and my wife as impatient. in for diagnosed problem in Banner Gateway ER, he was assigned as my Hospitalist, and he made sure he disclosed up front that he was the medical director over the Hospitalists program when he introduced himself. He wanted to be in control and not listen to me the patient, never even offered to examine me, rather he wanted to start pointing fingers, that were actually diagnosed and orders written by the ER Hospitalist.
in Mesa, AZ |
Unfortunately this doctor was the hospitalist that I was forced to use at Banner Gateway hospital when I was admitted with neurological and cognitive impairment secondary to an infection from the flu. Immediately this Dr decided that I'd taken herbs that reacted to other medications I was on. First, I had not taken any herbs and secondly, I'm on very few meds. Without the ability to express myself this Dr came to his conclusion and failed to order other tests to rule out serious illnesses.
in mesa, az |
Dr. Etermad, is the worst dr ever. I was throwing up as an impatient at the hospital. I had Diarrhea and dry heaving all night. He came in the morning snd said I was going home. Usually best news however, thus was my second visit to the er in as many days. Crohnes and because this throwing up can last all night or for days, so going home to this... no fun. It's a battle of can I drink more water than I throw back up. Dr Etihad did not listen to the two nurses confirmin. He did not care at all
Have you seen Dr. Amir Etemad, MD?
Are you Dr. Etemad?