Dermatology  |
Dr. Amir Bajoghli, MD
Dr. Bajoghli received his undergraduate education at the College of William & Mary and his medical school training at the Medical College of Virginia. He pursued post-graduate training in internal medicine at the Boston City Hospital and the Boston University Medical Center. He completed his dermatology residency training at the Tufts University and BU Combined Medical Center Program. He also received additional training in Mohs micrographic surgery and laser surgery at the Boston University Medical Center. Dr. Bajoghli was the director of Mohs Surgery at the George Washington University School of Medicine and the Chief of Dermatology at Inova Fairfax Hospital. He has been name top dermatologist and Mohs and Laser surgeon in the area with over 20 years of experience in laser skin treatments, Mohs surgery for skin cancers and dermatology. Dr. Bajoghli has taught medical students and dermatology residents from George Washington University and VCU School of medicine and currently teaches at the Georgetown University School of Medicine and the Washington Hospital Center combined program.

1359 Beverly Rd

McLean, VA 22101

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • CareFirst BlueChoice, Inc.
  • Health Net
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Principal Life

Learn about Dr. Bajoghli

We strive to provide the highest level of compassionate care to our community with several decades of combined experience with our board certified dermatologists in the practice.

Dr. Bajoghli's Experience

Dr. Bajoghli's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Keloid Scar
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Psoriasis

• Varicose Vein Procedure

1 Malpractice Claim
  • Settlement
    Amount or Range: Average
    Nature of Complaint: PRACTITIONER COMMENTS: Pt alleged his high risk aggressive tumor metastasized. Medical experts were prepared to testify at trial that the tumor metastasis was due to the presence of the growing tumor for more than at least 3 years prior to being referred for treatment. Case resolved for economic reasons.

• College Of William & Mary
  • Boston City Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997
  • Boston City Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Bajoghli has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Bajoghli has no media or publications listed.

• Farsi

Dr. Bajoghli does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bajoghli and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bajoghli's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bajoghli to family and friends
Dr. Bajoghli's Performance
Woodbridge, VA |
Dr. Bajoghli is professional and yet very personal. He is so concerned about his patients that he gives out his personal cell number in case of any questions or concerns after office hours. He called me to discuss a temporary side effect of the surgery to reassure me that it was nothing to worry about.
Woodbridge, VA |
The Doctor and his fine Staff are above expectations in every way possible - caring, competent and concerned.
in Fairfax, VA |
Great service. Always takes me on time.
in Springfield, VA |
Extremely competent in his field and very personable. I have been a patient for 12 years and my entire family has visited. Highly recommend the practice.
in Falls Church, VA |
Dr. B. has removed my skin cancers and taken care of my other skin issues. Highly recommend this practice to anyone.
in Springfield, VA |
Dr. B. has been my Mohs surgeon and taken great care of my skin cancers. He is my guardian angel.
Best doc and staff!
in Arlington, VA |
Top notch practice.
in Mclean, VA |
The practice has taken very good care of my skin issues. Highly recommend!
Alexandria, VA |
Has done an amazing job with the 3 Mohs for the skin cancers on my nose and face. Had been to prior Mohs docs. Can hardly see the scars. He is superb.
in Mclean, VA |
Have been going to the practice for fillers on the face and Botox for several years. Dr. B is truly at artist and has kept my face looking natural. Love my treatments.
in Spotsylvania, Va |
Dr. Bajagohli is a very outstanding doctor. I have had many skin cancers to be removed and he is exceptional in experience and concern for my welfare. His staff is always helpful, professional and friendly. I would recommend him to anyone.
I would recommend Dr. Bajoghli very highly for dermatology and Moh's surgery. He has treated my elderly father very well. However, don't use him for botox injections. I have had six successful botox treatments in the past with other MDs. Unfortunately Dr. Bajoghli didn't take into consideration the aesthetics of my face; although the wrinkles of the forehead & crowsfeet were improved, my eyelids are now drooping slightly instead of being very subtly raised.
in Mclean, VA |
Friendly staff and excellent physicians.
Vienna, VA |
Highly recommend the office.
in Fairfax, VA |
A great listener and practitioner. Explanations are clear and treatments are friendly, professional, and effective. Time spent with patients is perfect and the technologies employed are at the forefront of the industry. I would recommend, and have, Dr. Bajoghli to relatives and friends.
in Vienna, VA |
Going to the practice for 12 years. Had seen several other dermatologists before that. The best one around.
Mclean, VA |
Great practice
in Woodbridge, VA |
Great office, professional and honest. Very nice staff.
in Charleston, SC |
My husband and I were both patients. Dr. Bajoghli and his staff are top notch. He is a wonderfully skilled dedicated and warm physician. We could not have asked for better care and follow up care. We highly recommend him too anyone in need of these type services. We are sorry to leave him and his staff as we are moving.
Woodbridge, VA |
Doctors need to treat their patients the way that he's treated me. Diagnosed my skin cancer promptly and did a great job. Called me at home to check on me after the surgery. Superb!
in Woodbridge, VA |
Takes his time and listens to all concerns. Limited wait time.
in New York, NY |
Been with Dr B from almost the beginning of his practice. Always professional and personable and most of all very proficient. His staff reflects all of that but especially Janice Rasmussen.
in Woodbridge, VA |
I have been seeing this dr. for over 10yrs. I have had many lesions removed successfully with no complications. Because of his expertise & knowledge he saved my life 9 yrs. ago. He dx a rare skin cancer that can be fatal in many cases. Because of it's aggressiveness & missed dx on time it is too late for treatment for many pts. Many physicians have never heard of this type of cancer because it so rare not mentioned in talks about skin cancers. The name of this cancer is Merkel.
in Mc Lean, VA |
Very professional and excellent results despite the extent of the lesion. Office staff was great and always responsive. My highest recommendation!
in Woodbridge, VA |
Dr. Bajoghli has done Mohs Surgery on my husband 7 times in 10 years. He is an outstanding Mohs Surgeon leaving virtually no scars. He is honest and compassionate; his staff is very caring. Dr. Bajoghli and staff will always go the extra mile for the patient. I have had some cosmetic procedures done in the past with Dr. Bajoghli. He always does an an excellent job. I would go nowhere else for skin care!
in Fairfax, VA |
Always excellent. I find Dr Bajoghli to be attentive and thorough without recommending excessive treatment. The wait is never long and the waiting room is a model of comfort and civility with great magazines and coffee. First rate!
It's always been good.
in Vienna, Va |
He is very knowledgable and works with your needs.
Dr. B was fantastic! Very thorough. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a top dermatologist!
in Washington DC |
I am very happy each time I have my visit. Specially when I have my treatment with Carnen. Highly recommend the treatment De Bajoghli for all medical and cosmetic treatments.
in Catlett, VA |
Dr. Bajoghli immediately recognized the reason for my visit and referred me to a geneticist for confirmation so he would know for sure what he was dealing with. The genetic testing backed up his conclusion. He took the time to research his suspicions immediately while I was in the office. He has shown me compassion and every courtesy. A previous dermatologist said.Looks like you got the bad skin gene. Bajoghli correctly diagnosed a much more dangerous condition I will go nowhere else.
Have you seen Dr. Amir Bajoghli, MD?
Are you Dr. Bajoghli?

Visit Dr. Bajoghli

Dr. Bajoghli accepts 11 insurance carriers
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • CareFirst BlueChoice, Inc.
  • Health Net
    Tricare
    Tricare
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Principal Life