Dr. Amin R. Jamal, MD

Dr. Amin R. Jamal, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism | Male

7777 Southwest Fwy Ste 802, Houston, TX 77074 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Jamal specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and practices in Houston, TX. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Jamal? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Jamal's Experience

98Experience
Match

See how Dr. Jamal's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Jamal

Dr. Jamal accepts 12 insurance carriers

12 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Jamal has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Jamal

Dr. Jamal's Review Details
3.4 based on 80 responses
Experience with Dr. Jamal
Dr. Jamal's Office & Staff
    31 – 45 minutes (73)
in Houston, TX |
He is very pleasant, polite and well mannered. His knowledge is excellent and he is an excellent doctor.
in Houston, TX |
I trust on Dr Jamal. He is excellent Doctor.
in Houston, TX |
Dr.Jamal takes the time to go over all labs,explains everything so I understand,gives good advice on how to lose weight,exercise,heis truly agret doctor
in Houston, TX |
Dr.JAMAL IS AN EXCELLENT DOCTOR.
in Houston Tx |
Dr Jamal takes care of the whole disease process. He provides tests and scans in his office so I don't have to make multiple visits at different locations,
Houston, TX |
There is a lot more reviews on Jamal on vitals they are much much closer to my personal experience with this Dr. and staff
in Missouri City, TX |
Dr. Jamal is very caring and comfortable to interact with. He answers all questions and explains diagnoses and treatment plans.
in Sugar Land, TX |
Have been with Dr. Jamal for about five years and have had great experiences with him. He has a very busy practice so be prepared to wait. Expect your time there to be two to three hours - bring a book and take a nap! Works with teachers to get us late weeknight and Saturday appointments so we do not have to miss school. Given great recommendations for places to get medical tests and prescriptions done for lower costs. Telephone calls acted on & returned. Highly recommend.
in Houston, TX |
Dr.Jamal is extremely great to be in his presence is a delight and takes care of all your concerns
in Sugar Land tx |
Dr. Jamal is very complete in his accessments and communicating results of tests. He is very through in looking at all aspects of your health. He is easy to talk with and has wonderful people skills. His office staff is efficient and respectful and professional.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Jamal has been a life-saver for me. When my GP would not work with me on my thyroid symptoms, I began looking for the best thyroid doctor in Houston. Dr. Jamal came up in the search and I've not looked back. Since then, three family members and a friend have also come to Dr. Jamal. He listens, is compassionate, explains, and works with how you feel, not just what the bloodwork says. He takes time for his patients. You may have to wait to see him, but it's so worth it for your life!
in Richmond, Tx |
The best Dr, ever! He always takes time and explains everything that you can understand.
in Wimberley, TX |
So disappointing our appointment at 2:30pm and because their professionalism are not into a high standard they called us at 3:15pm.. What really pisses me off is when they raise their payments standard its way too high 100% increase by the services is poor as below 101%!! Don't stay to this kind of services!!
in Edna, TX |
Very thorough and great office staff!!
in Sugar Land, TX |
Dr Jamal has helped me SO much! People complain sometimes about the wait time in the waiting room, but to me that is nothing compared to how much he has helped me! I am very grateful for his expertise and concern for my well being. He is also a great teacher. Not only does he treat my conditions, but he educates me on them as well so that I ca make better choices for my health.
in Houston, TX |
Dr Jamal is very caring and excellent doctor.
in Pearland, TX |
Very personable, wonderful bedside manner. Dr. Jamal is extremely brilliant in all areas of medicine. He takes his time to sit with you to explain everything.
in Houston, TX |
He is the best doctor I have ever come to know.. I Love him.. I don't want to see no other Endorcrinology Doctor but Dr. Amin Jamal
in Sugarland,Tx |
dr Jamal is a very good doc tor.I like his bed side manner.gives lots of good info.
in Houston, TX |
He is very kind and has a good understanding of what he is doing. He walked me through what needs to be done for me and I am glad I was referred to him By Dr. Patel.
in Sugar Land, TX |
Courteous staff and Dr Jamal explains everything in detail.
in Rosenberg, TX |
Dr Jamal is a very thourogh and caring Dr. of all his patients and explans all of the test results very well sometimes his waiting times are long but well worth it
in Spring, TX |
very good doctor
in Katy, TX |
The wait is so worth it. He shows he cares.
in Missouri City, TX |
excellent communicating skills for the lamon patient
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Jamal is outstanding when it comes to diabetes care. He keeps very close tabs on my mother and makes any changes he deems necessary with each visit. Dr. Jamal has been able to keep Mom's diabetes under control and coordinates carefully with all other specialists on her case, reviewing all outside tests she takes and reviewing all blood work taken by others on her behalf. He is extremely thorough and personable with all his patients and we are told one of the best in his field.
in Houston, TX |
I felt like I was seeing a real endocrinologist after the others I'd been to. The wait was longer than I usually experience but he was very kind and knowledgeable with me.His staff was also helpful and courteous. I'm surprised at all the negative comments; I'm sure I wasn't special.
in HOUSTON |
Bad experience with doctor and staff
in Houston, TX |
I went to his office for a visit and after 3 hours of waiting to see the doctor. He was rude and his staff was even worse I was so worried to be there it was my first visit. He is disgusting he hires completely unprofessional office workers who treat patients like dogs I hate going to his office and seeing his staff.
in Houston, TX |
Wow HORRIBLE doctor he is just making money he belongs in prison I reported him to the Medical Board. He does not treat patients he will prescribe unnecessary medications and tests to just make money. I hope he gets penalized for being the sleaziest doctor in Houston. His office staff is hood rats and trash do yourself a favor do not go to him!!! I cannot stress enough how bad this doctor is if you do go to him just get a second opinion about everything he tells you!
in Houston, TX |
Wow I never thought I would feel so uncomfortable at a doctors office before I heard the doctor scream at a patient and his staff was so rude at the front desk just bad bad place to be I agree with the terrible environment.
in Houston, TX |
The staff is truly bad they are rude and have absolutely no manners it seems like he found these people in a half way house. I would never recommend him to anyone he might be an okay doctor but the lack of professionalism makes his practice seem like a joke. The office is filthy it appears that he cuts costs by allowing broken equipment in the rooms. The environment in his office makes me gag. Wait time can range from one hour to four hours.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Jamal does not respect his patients he over schedules appointments and allows his staff to mistreat the patients please do yourself and loved ones a favor avoid Dr. Jamal. If you ask anyone why the wait is so long you will get penalized. His staff is terrible the office environment is dirty.
Have you seen Dr. Jamal?
Are you Dr. Jamal? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Jamal

Universidad Mundial Dominicana, School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1985

Baylor College Of Med
    Jersey City Med Center

Dr. Jamal has no media or publications listed.

Memberships & Affiliations

Dr. Jamal does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Jamal and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Jamal's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
  • Board certified in Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinology
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Jamal

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Jamal's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
31 – 45 minutes

Experience with Dr. Jamal

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients