Dr. Amer Smajkic, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 54

Dr. Smajkic

Chicago Child Psychiatry Assocs

233 E Erie St Chicago, IL 60611

Dr. Amer Smajkic, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in Chicago, IL. He graduated from University Of Sarajevo / Medical Faculty and specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry and psychiatry.

Dr. Smajkic accepts

Dr. Smajkic accepts the following insurance:

Self Pay

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Smajkic's experience treating your condition or procedure

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Biological Therapy
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Life Coaching
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Supportive Counseling

Patient personalized approach that integrates Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Supportive therapy , life coaching and biological therapies.

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Smajkic

Dr. Smajkic?
Dr. Smajkic's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Amer Smajkic, MD
Excellent with difficult cases -- multiple diagnoses and medication challenges. As a parent, appreciate the collaborative approach and positive attitude. We have weathered many storms thanks to Dr. Smajkic. I have found that getting the right help makes all the difference in terms of my kids' progress.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amer Smajkic, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Smajkic. He is very caring, compassionate and knowledgeable. He truly cares about is patients well being. I am extremely grateful for all of his help.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amer Smajkic, MD?
He is a great doctor. Easy to talk to, gives treatment options besides meds, very knowledgably and friendly. Highly recommended!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amer Smajkic, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Smajkic for about 5 years and he has helped me so much with my anxiety and depression. He is kind, smart, practical, and organized. Thank you Dr. Smajkic!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amer Smajkic, MD?
Visits are short and efficient . Accessible via phone /email .Very positive experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amer Smajkic, MD?
Dr. Smajkic is a very nice and understanding man, he's definitely seen it all and will always be willing to help. Very short wait time and works with your schedule, very reliable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amer Smajkic, MD?
We came with our son and it was great pleasure for all of us to talk with Dr. Smajkic and explore all possible options for his treatment. Dr. Smajkic in great details explained to us all options including benefits and possible side effect for each one. It was our first visit but we felt as we know him for years. His knowledge and experience and his very open and friendly developed communication skills is just outstanding.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amer Smajkic, MD?
I have been going to Dr. Smajkic for over 2 years to treat my anxiety. It is such a relief to feel so much better and I am so thankful for finding him to get treatment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amer Smajkic, MD?
Dr.Amer goes above and beyond for his patients. He is very understanding,very easy to talk to, listens and is very patient. I have seen him for years. I tried others in the past but I am 100% loyal to him. He’s helped me through many rough patches in my life. Thank you Dr.Amer.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amer Smajkic, MD?
Dr. smajkic is very approachable and direct, which I appreciate. I have referred friends who would Agree that his approach is successfull. I also love his no nonsense office with no receptionist which can cause additional anxiety. Just a calm waiting room and never a long wait. Do not hesitate to book this doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amer Smajkic, MD?
I am a new patient. First time with a new psychiatrist can go one of two ways. Most of my experiences have not been good. That said, my appointment with Dr. Smajkic was far from bad. Felt very welcomed, and I saw an honest, focused, and caring doctor. He asked the right questions to get to know me better, and took the time to discuss options for treatment. I highly recommend Dr. Smajkic if you are looking for the care you deserve.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amer Smajkic, MD?
I would call Dr Smajkic "the man behind my miracle". I was dealing with a huge a mount of anxiety and depression. Just after the first visit, Dr Smajkic could diagnose my disorder and prescribed the right medication which changed my life completely. He is extremely smart , passionate and knowledgeable ! He really cares and listen carefully when you talk with him and I 100% recommend him to anyone who seeks a better mental condition
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amer Smajkic, MD?
Ok ! So Let me begin my review like this : Dr Smajkic is the guy behind my miracle ! I was dealing with a huge amount of anxiety, panic attacks and helplessness .. When I met Dr Smajkic, he did a miracle within juts the first visit ! he diagnosed very fast and he put me on the right medication just in the first visit ! He is very passionate, intelligent, informative and knowledgeable, super smart and fair .. A good listener who really cares about his patients ! More than 100% recommended !!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amer Smajkic, MD?
Very emphatic , easy to talk to , uses therapy in addition to medications.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amer Smajkic, MD?
charges a 35.00 telephone prescription refill charge - I have never experienced a doctor charging for this before. Appointments last 15 minutes and are a waste of time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amer Smajkic, MD?
I have been taking my son to Dr. Smajkic for several years. He is always prompt, sensitive to needs, speaks with honesty and candor. He explains whats best for my son.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amer Smajkic, MD?
Listens well, willing to consider patient ideas; impeccable ethics: he adheres so strictly to prescription laws, he can be a pain in the butt (must come for additional visit for minor medication adjustment within days of recent visit); expensive without BCBS PPO, but worth it; warm, kind, empathetic. Makes you feel comfortable and your problems important. Read his bio- true hero and survivor (whatever you've been through probably can't shock him). Highly recommended.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amer Smajkic, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Smajkic?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Smajkic treats patients.