Dr. Amer Skopic, MD

Dr. Amer Skopic, MD

Gastroenterology  |
Dr. Amer Skopic, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Willimantic, CT. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 14 years.

132 Mansfield Ave Ste 112

Willimantic, CT 06226

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Skopic

See how frequently Dr. Skopic performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Constipation
Diarrhea
Abdominal Disorders

Dr. Skopic's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Gastroenterology

• Esophagitis
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Unexplained Weight Loss
  • Viral Hepatitis
  • Vomiting Disorders

• Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Liver Biopsy

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• Univ Of New England Collof Osteo Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2003

Dr. Skopic has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Skopic does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Skopic and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Skopic's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Skopic to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Skopic's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
in Somers, CT |
Excellent, Excellent, Excellent!!! Front desk to Dr.....Best office I have ever been to.
in Manchester |
I love this Dr. He is thorough and wont stop until he finds out what is going on with you. Best specialist I have seen yet. Thanks for caring!!!
Hartford, CT |
I was referred to Dr Skopic by my PCP,from the initial call from the office(which came before I even left my PCP)to meeting the staff and the doc was a wonderful experience.As nervous and sick as I was feeling between the doctor himself and the great staff I felt so very comfortable.That just shows how thorough the office is run.The staff was very friendly and the doctor spent a lot of time not only listening but also helping diagnose my problems. I was able to get an apt that wk for testing
Storrs Mansfield, CT |
The office is terrible about returning calls. Both my husband and I have never gotten calls with the results of biopsies, as promised.( 3-4 times) We were told the "Dr would call" nobody called, not even a secretary. The overall patient dealing is poor. The Doctor didn't even come talk to my husband after his last procedure. We waited an hour afterward. The nurse finally told us to go ahead and leave.???? plan for at least three hours if you use his dr.
Storrs Mansfield, CT |
I am in CT for school but my gastro doctor is in NY. When I saw doctor Skopic in the hospital, he kept insisting that I go on humira and wanted to proceed with an invasive procedure even though my doctor at home told him that we didn't need to do anything invasive. He kept cutting my mom off while she was asking questions. I had a follow up appointment with him at his office, I was surprised at how outdated the equipment was.. They couldn't even run my credit card at the office
in Enfield |
Dr. Skopic is one of the best doctors I have seen. He took the time to explain everything to me so that I understood what was going on. He called me directly to tell me my results!
Windsor Locks, CT |
its a commercial place... if u got a good insurance go with him
in UNION,ct |
Rude staff. Got a colonoscopy and endoscopy with no follow ups. It's been over two years and now I am going to another doctor for the same problems. Never go here. Hard to get an appointment to be rechecked. He said there is no need to go back. Never explained my results either
in Boston, MA |
First of all, the staff is extremely rude and constantly bickering and making fun of patients who call on the phone. They have a terrible attitude but you can't blame them seeing as who they work with! Dr. Skopic is hard to understand and ALWAYS late for his appointments. If you have an appointment for 330 be prepared to wait until 4-430 for him to even arrive! On top of that he is short with his patients and barely explains what's going on!
in Ellington, CT |
He is hard to understand, talked very fast and talked in circles around himself. I recorded our office visits and no one could understand what was being said. there was no follow up to my appointments, just a good luck. . . well I'm in pain and bleeding so there needs to be some answers. I had my primary dr call and he prescribed medicine to her to give to me but when I was in the office the day before, he said there was nothing to do. I feel blown off and disrespected.
Glastonbury, CT |
Would not recommend going here. The office is disorganized. Dr Scopik is nice but his staff is so disorganized and they are always bickering and don't work well together. They have horrible follow up and sent me to get blood work done without ever faxing the paperwork to the Quest office even after multiple follow up calls from my end to make sure they did send it. expect to spend lots of time following up yourself and getting an attitude.
in Hartford, CT |
DO NOT GO HERE! Lack of experience and organization. Never keeps track of any tests results, and barely explains what's happening, assuming the patient knows all the medical terminology he speaks of.
in Storrs Mansfield, CT |
I had a colonoscopy with him - very careful and methodical. I saw the photographs and talked with other staff at the facility (who do not just work with him). I went to Dr. Skopic through a personal recommendation. I would recommend him. Dr. Skopic seems very careful about establishing the *cause* of any problems. I feel very confident with him.
Have you seen Dr. Amer Skopic, MD?
Are you Dr. Skopic?