Dr. Amer Kazi, MD

Pain Medicine ·  Male

Dr. Kazi
6915 N Fir Rd Granger, IN 46530

Dr. Amer Kazi, MD is a pain medicine specialist in Granger, IN and has been practicing for 32 years. He graduated from King Edward Medical University in 1987 and specializes in pain medicine.

Dr. Kazi's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kazi

1.6

Dr. Kazi?
Dr. Kazi's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Amer Kazi, MD
Dr Kazi has a terrible bedside manner. He literally told me today that my Rheumatology specialist at IU made a mistake in diagnosing me as well as multiple other Drs that were wrong as well. He stated that the only reason I need medications were only if I were dying from cancer. I've been a chronic pain patient for 11 years now. He has met me twice and acted as if he knew my history. His NP is actually very compassionate but somehow he has lost touch of what it takes to work in healthcare.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amer Kazi, MD?
One of the many doctors who pile as many people into his waiting room as possible, at least an hour to get in for his 5 minute talk. Can't do a complete appt,must come back again, and again to try this or that instead of the epidural injection that you KNOW helped you in another state where the good doctors are! I refuse to feed his bank.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amer Kazi, MD?
This man and his people are the upmost rudest and just plain horrible people I have ever experienced and they don't care about people! I was in the hospital for complications of my kidney transplant and missed an apt. Because I was in the ER and could NOT use the phone to think of everyone I had to call! When I got home the next day I rescheduled for the next week on Tuesday the 27th and I am never late or had ever missed they wanted me to pay because I missed!! Hello I was in the Hospital!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amer Kazi, MD?
I waited 30 min. past my appt in the waiting room, then another 20 in exam rm. I was asked for a urine sample, but not told why. The dr himself was very receptive to me NOT wanting any narcotic pain meds. I asked at checkout how much my insurance would be billed. Reluctantly I was told $490! Plus he wants an MRI, more xrays & a follow up appt. I won't be using him . I called the office to cancel all & was treated a bit rudely. Beautiful new office but I don't want to pay for it!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amer Kazi, MD?
Went for first visit and was required to take drug test. They sent to an out of network provider and I could be stuck with a $1818.00 bill. The Brandy has offered to assist with this once I get a formal bill. thank you. but still not happy no one checked for in network. Only seen doctor once, I have been dealing with Amanda.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amer Kazi, MD?
Doctor Kazi is the worst doctor I have ever dealt with. You are instantly judged the moment you walk in the door. If you are in pain and are researching this doctor, DO NOT schedule with his office. It is a waste of time. He is scared to write prescriptions, and when he does he will flat out lie to you about federal regulations. The staff is horrible. When you call something is broken or systems are down. It's obviously a lie. If I could give negative stars I would. Garbage Garbage Garbage
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amer Kazi, MD?
I was seeing Dr Kazi for a couple months and thought everything was good until my insurance didn't pay him as quickly as he thought they should. So , he stopped treating me and he and his staff started treating me like I was deadbeat patient. I had no idea what was going on with the insurance and instead of asking me in a polite and professional manner to make a payment, which I would have been happy to do, his staff told me in a very condescending, rude and unprofessional manner, pay up. Shame.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amer Kazi, MD?
Given scripts that even with insurance were all over $50 ,discount card that were expired,went back clear across town 4 times for this ! The last trip across town was on hold with front desk the whole time i drove there to walk in still on hold to find receptionist eating her lunch,given script for 50 pills and told to tale every 8 hrs,do the math not even 2 a day, and charged 3000 for a urine drug screen that was out if network. That i now have to pay for!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amer Kazi, MD?
I waited 3.5 hours today for an appointment. The nurse practitioner I normally see was on vacation so the doctor was overwhelmed and stressed. He made some accusations that I did not have my MRI done on purpose when it was waiting approval from my insurance and to be called in from his office. The office manager apologized along with another receptionist stating the doctor doesn't know the process it takes on the beauroceatic side of health care. He yelled at me, made me feel ashamed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amer Kazi, MD?
He does not listen to what you tell him, continues to do procedures that do not help when other options are available, tells you he will do something and then never does, very rude to patients. he treats everyone like they are poor people who just want pills and does not want to help them get better, he wants to take all of your money or over bill your insurance. Amanda is great tho
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amer Kazi, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kazi?

• Pain Medicine

1987
King Edward Medical University
1987

• Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Urdu

Dr. Kazi accepts

Dr. Kazi accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
Priority Health
Priority PPO
Sagamore Health Network
Sagamore Plus

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Indiana

Check Dr. Kazi's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epilepsy
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection