Dr. Ameer Almullahassani, MD

Dr. Ameer Almullahassani, MD

Neurology  ·

Dr. Ameer Almullahassani, MD is a neurology specialist in Fairfield, CA and has been practicing for 16 years. He specializes in neurology.Read his story

NorthBay Center for Neuroscience

1860 Pennsylvania Ave Ste 230

Fairfield, CA 94533

• Anthem Blue Cross
  • HealthSmart
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medicare
  • Private HealthCare Systems
  • Western Health Advantage

Learn about Dr. Almullahassani

See how frequently Dr. Almullahassani performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
Restless Leg Syndrome
high
Seizure Disorders
high

Dr. Almullahassani's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Almullahassani's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Almullahassani "As a neurologist, I pride myself on providing the best patient care for a wide range of neurological disorders, including: Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, headaches, neuropathies, seizure disorders, dementia and stroke. I have a special interest in movement disorders, neurophysiology and stroke. Being diagnosed with a neurological disease can be scary, so I want my patients and their families to fully understand what's happening from the time they walk in the door to when they leave. I empower my patients to be more involved in their own health care. I see patients age 12 and older. In addition to speaking English, I also speak Arabic. My patients see me as professional, but they also see me as compassionate. I tell jokes. I listen. I'm there for them. When they make an appointment with me, they are probably scared because they might have some neurological disease. Here's something I do that helps: I show them the actual image of their brain. This makes a big difference. If you don't know what something looks like, that's the enemy. Instead of just saying, "you had a stroke," I show them an image of what their brain looks like after the stroke. That ways, it's easier for them to understand what happened. Before joining NorthBay, I was the stroke director at UnityPoint Allen Hospital in Waterloo, Iowa. My wife, our four children and I are looking forward to exploring California and living in nice weather. No more snow!"

This content was provided by Dr. Almullahassani "Dr. Almullahassani helps his patients take an active role in their healthcare decisions. His compassion and warm nature helps patients feel welcomed and in good hands."

• Neurology

• Neurology
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

No malpractice history found for California.

• University Of Damascus, Faculty Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2002

Dr. Almullahassani has no media or publications listed.

• Arabic

Dr. Almullahassani does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Almullahassani and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Almullahassani's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Almullahassani to family and friends
2 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Dr. Almullahassani's Performance

I was first introduced to doctor Almullahassani in Dec. 2016 when I had a seizure that hospitalized me at North Bay and he is excellent. I ended up going into early retirement because of my case and now I ended up with individual coverage which is making me nervous as the insurance that I am...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
Are you Dr. Almullahassani?

More Neurology Specialists like Dr. Almullahassani at NorthBay Center for Neuroscience

Neurology Specialist