Dr. Amber Leis, MD

Plastic Surgery | Female

Dr. Amber Leis, MD
Dr. Leis is educated, trained and skilled in plastic and reconstructive surgery. Her specialties are pediatric and adult hand surgery, reconstructive surgery, and aesthetic surgery. "My parents are both sculptors. I think of myself as performing surgical sculpting." Raised by two artists, Dr. Leis developed an eye for aesthetics and an ability to create beauty. Another love – science – also inspired her career. "There was an expectation in my family that I should do what I truly love. My humanitarian work in Mexico and Zimbabwe helped shape the idea that I wanted to use medicine to give back to my community. Sculpture and science is the crossroads of my passion and ability." She is grateful that she is able to combine these two important forces in her life to better her patients' lives. "This is what I was meant to do," said Dr. Leis. "In my work, no two cases are alike. Every day is fascinating and challenging." Dr. Leis uses tremendous amounts of creativity, problem solving, and skill to, as she says, "recreate what had been lost." When it comes to aesthetic surgery, Dr. Leis helps patients achieve their best self and gain confidence. "Quality of life is what my work is about," she says.

Dr. Leis' Care Philosophy

"I feel what my patients feel. I want them to heal and consider themselves whole. I am their advocate." Dr. Leis is exceptionally empathetic and conscientious in addition to being an extraordinarily skilled surgeon. She is focused on building close interactions and connections with patients and parents of younger patients. She engageswith every patient on an emotional level. Their hopes and desires are her hopes and desires. She believes that identifying with their challenges helps her achieve the best possible outcomes for her patients.

Dr. Leis' Experience

See how Dr. Leis' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Leis

Dr. Leis accepts 1 insurance carrier

Dr. Leis is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Leis has admitting privileges.

Dr. Leis' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Leis to family and friends
Dr. Leis Says:

Thank you for providing feedback.

Dr. Leis' Performance
Newport Beach, CA |
Dr. Leis is one of the most empathetic doctors that I have ever encountered. I am so glad that I found her to perform my procedure. She listens to her patients and works with them towards a unified goal. She is supportive, empathetic, genuine, sincere and incredibly talented and skilled. I wish there were more doctors like her, that make you feel like your concerns matter and you are more than just your symptoms or your chart. Her staff is equally kind, supportive, positive and responsive.
San Clemente, CA |
I am 100% satisfied with the treatment I have received from Dr. Leis and her staff, they are the best. Dr. Leis is very knowledgeable in what she does and explains every detail clearly. However, if there is one point that stood out to me was that she required I get a second and third opinion for my surgery! I had torn ligaments in my wrist that required surgery and am doing great at this point. She meet me on many of her breaks to clarify questions I had in regards to the surgery.
Newport, CA |
You won't find a better surgeon or person than Dr. Leis. She is quite unique among physicians in that she is very easy-going, takes her time, listens and provides opportunity to ask questions. She is very patient focused which is refreshing in this day and age of medicine. Her credentials are impeccable and it is obvious upon meeting her that she is exceptionally bright. Her skills as a plastic surgeon and hand surgeon are exceptional. She has truly mastered the "Art" of medicine.
in Orange, CA |
Dr. Leis did my breast reduction and I could not be happier with the results. She is so knowledgeable and open and listened to my concerns and answered all questions with absolute honesty. I would recommend and go back to her for any type of plastic surgery. She truly has changed my life both physically and mentally! I have so much more confidence in the clothes I wear. Buying bras used to be a chore but now it is an absolute joy!
in Costa Mesa, CA |
Met Dr. Leis in April 2016 just days after my breast cancer diagnosis and upon meeting her I immediately felt at ease, and I knew that I would be in good hands. She is not only an extremely skilled surgeon, as everyone who sees her work agrees, she is also one of the most compassionate and thoughtful people I have known. She devotes so much time to listening to the needs of her patients, and is dedicated to planning the best reconstruction outcome so that she can make us as perfect as we can be.
in Aliso Viejo, CA |
I had replacement breast implant surgery with Dr. Leis. I had a procedure a month prior (with a different doctor) to remove a cyst, and my current implant was damaged. Dr. Leis and her staff were very comforting and helpful during a difficult and stressful time. Dr. Leis has a way about her that is soothing and patient. She answered all my questions and gave her recommendations for my best outcome. I am pleased with my results and I highly recommend her.
Irvine, CA |
Dr. Leis is truly the best doctor I've ever had. I look forward to her warm smile and engaging empathy during visits, and completely trust her skills and expertise during surgery. She communicates clearly and openly about information and procedures, and doesn't hesitate to explain details and alternatives. She is exceptionally generous with her time, and will always sit patiently with me while I ask any and all of my questions, and answer them throughly, without seeming rushed or annoyed.
Irvine, CA |
I highly recommend Dr. Amber Leis. Whether you are exploring your options or need a certain surgery in her areas of expertise, she is caring and knowledgeable. My surgery was removal of breast implants; something I had been considering for a long time. My embarrassment was quickly resolved because Dr. Leis and her team handled my case kindly and directly. Every step of the process was handled professionally and her facilities both in Newport Beach and Orange are very nice.
Irvine, CA |
Dr. Leis recently performed surgery on my wrist. Simply put, it was the best experience with a physician I have ever had. She is obviously a smart and highly skilled surgeon (she is a professor at a major university hospital, after all). What is most impressive, though, is the level of care and personal attention Dr. Leis provided. I’d recommend her to anyone in my family without the slightest hesitation.
in Orange, CA |
I have received Botox and Juvaderm from Dr. Leis. She always does an amazing job. She takes her time with me. which makes me feel confident that I am receiving my desired results. I completely trust her skills and judgment. I will always stay with her as my physician. She is the best!
in Las Vegas, NV |
I saw Dr.Leis for a facial chemical peel and was so impressed with her and the staff. She spent a great deal of time with me to make me feel comfortable with the procedure and make sure I understand my aftercare. She was caring, gentle, and answered all my questions and concerns. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Leis to my friends and family. Her credentials are impressive and it definitely shows in her work and patient care.
in Newport Beach, CA |
Dr. Leis did not know what she was talking about in my case. She made rush judgments about my surgery results without examining me for herself. She said she felt with 10/10 certainty that she was right, never looking closely at me. She was wrong. Also, she had the worst bedside manner I've experienced in a long time.
Have you seen Dr. Amber Leis, MD?
Are you Dr. Leis?

Compare Dr. Leis

Dr. Leis says...

"My parents are both sculptors.  I think of myself as performing surgical sculpting."

Raised by two artists, Dr. Leis developed an eye for aesthetics and an ability to create beauty. Another love – science – also inspired her career.  "There was an expectation in my family that I should do what I truly love.  My humanitarian work in Mexico and Zimbabwe helped shape the idea that I wanted to use medicine to give back to my community.  Sculpture and science is the crossroads of my passion and ability."  She is grateful that she is able to combine these two important forces in her life to better her patients' lives. "This is what I was meant to do," said Dr. Leis.

"In my work, no two cases are alike.  Every day is fascinating and challenging."

Dr. Leis uses tremendous amounts of creativity, problem solving, and skill to, as she says, "recreate what had been lost."  When it comes to aesthetic surgery, Dr. Leis helps patients achieve their best self and gain confidence. "Quality of life is what my work is about," she says.

Dr. Leis' Care Philosophy

"I feel what my patients feel.  I want them to heal and consider themselves whole.  I am their advocate."

Dr. Leis is exceptionally empathetic and conscientious in addition to being an extraordinarily skilled surgeon. She is focused on building close interactions and connections with patients and parents of younger patients.  She engageswith every patient on an emotional level.  Their hopes and desires are her hopes and desires. She believes that identifying with their challenges helps her achieve the best possible outcomes for her patients.

Congenital hand reconstruction

Fat transfer

Peripheral nerve reconstruction

Brachial plexus reconstruction

Dr. Leis says...

Thank you for providing feedback.

Dr. Leis' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Plastic Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for California.

• Breast Cancer
  • Breast Hypoplasia
  • Breast Ptosis
  • Congenital Anomalies of Breast
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Gynecomastia

Usc Joseph H Boyes Hand Surg

Completed in 2015

Oregon State University

Graduated in 2003

Dr. Leis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Leis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Plastic Surgery

• Eyelid Surgery
  • Facelift
  • Facial Reconstruction
  • Liposuction
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Wound Repair