Dr. Amber Kazi, MD

Psychiatry ·  Female · Age 53

Dr. Kazi

Northwest Psychiatry

10 Executive Ct Ste 5 South Barrington, IL 60010

Dr. Amber Kazi, MD is a psychiatry specialist in South Barrington, IL. She graduated from Liaquat University Of Medical and Health Sciences and specializes in psychiatry.

Dr. Kazi accepts

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Kazi's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Kazi's conditions and procedures:

• Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Nondependent Antidepressant Abuse
  • Nondependent Cocaine Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Somatoform Disorders

3.2

Dr. Kazi?
Dr. Kazi's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Amber Kazi, MD
Dr. Kazi was extremely sympathetic to certain "punctuality issues" that can go hand in hand with my disorder. She and the rest of the staff were very understanding and flexible on scheduling. During actual sessions she always seemed engaged and perceptive. Meds did take some trial and error but we did eventually land on 1-2 that helped.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amber Kazi, MD?
You won't find a more caring Doctor who has compassion and really listens to your concerns. Medication knowledgeable, does not abuse. She will not prescribe something you do not need. Soft spoken and very intelligent. Finally someone that knows what she is doing. If you are struggling she is the one to call I highly recommend her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amber Kazi, MD?
Extremely moody person, something I didn't expect in a Psychiatrist. Look for second and third opinions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amber Kazi, MD?
She came into the office in a very nasty mood so I chose to find another doctor. Her diagnosis proved to be wrong and I have been getting much better since I went elsewhere.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amber Kazi, MD?
I absolutely love Dr. Kazi! I met her in an outpatient program setting and have stayed with her since that experience. It has only been a few months but she is one of the best psychiatrists I have ever had. Friendly, always listens to your needs and concerns, and you can tell she is compassionate and good at what she does. I definitely recommend her to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amber Kazi, MD?
Dr. Kazi is a thorough and compassionate doctor. Office is nice and staff friendly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amber Kazi, MD?
Amazing bedside manner. From my experience the norm of a follow up psychiatric appointment is a very fast five minute "How are you doing? Here's your refills." Ten minutes at the most. Dr. Kazi spends time really going over my progress since I met with her last, goes over major events happening in my life that are affecting my mental health. She doesn't just listen and adjust her recommendations, she also remembers from visit to visit what has been going on with me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amber Kazi, MD?
I would not recommend this practice. Not only do I believe that I was misdiagnosed and mistreated- The way they run their practice is just as unorganized and careless as Dr. Kazi is. The walls of the office are extremely thin, so if you are in the waiting room you can easily hear bits and pieces of peoples sessions. Dr. Kazi also can rush you and not give you the proper attention you need due to them over-scheduling. Please consider all this before trusting this doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amber Kazi, MD?
Dr Kazi is a wonderful Doctor. She listens to me and truly cares for her patients. I trust her and believe in my heart she has saved me from this monster called depression. I would recommend her highly to all my family and friends. Thank you Dr Kazi for helping me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amber Kazi, MD?
Dr. Kazi is very compassionate and offers great advice. Although she is not a psychologist, she does take the time to listen to her patients and try to ensure they are doing well with their medications and in general. Some other psychiatrists provide very little feedback. She does have patients come back somewhat regularly, as another reviewer stated, but that is standard practice because medications can cause side effects, lose effectiveness etc.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amber Kazi, MD?
Misguided with diagnosis and medication. BE AWARE- it's a scam of a practice. Don't waste your money or time. Go to a real professional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amber Kazi, MD?
Would never reccomend. Terrible doctor in a terrible practice. She is ALWAYS late. She arrives to the office late and you can expect to wait atleast 20 mins to see her. She does not care about you at all, and only cares about the money she makes.. which is why she pushes medication and appointments down your throat even if you tell her that you have been feeling great. The office is smelly and disgusting. I would never reccomend her to anyone for anything. My problems just got worse.
Beligerant. Misdiagnosed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amber Kazi, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kazi?