Dr. Ambar Matta, MD

Dr. Ambar Matta, MD

General Surgery  ·
Dr. Ambar Matta, MD is a general surgery specialist in Alexandria, VA and has been practicing for 10 years. He graduated from Ross University / School Of Medicine & Veterinary Medicine in 2008 and specializes in general surgery.Read his story

1800 N Beauregard St # 40

Alexandria, VA 22311

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Matta

See how frequently Dr. Matta performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Appendicitis
Appendectomy, Laparoscopic
Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure

Dr. Matta's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Matta's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Matta "Dr. Ambar Matta attended medical school at Ross University School of Medicine and completed his residency program at Good Samaritan Hospital in Cincinnati, Ohio. He is a board certified General Surgeon with specialized interests in minimally invasive and acute care surgery as well as anorectal disease."

This content was provided by Dr. Matta "I became a surgeon because I wanted to follow in my Father's footsteps. He was the biggest influence on my career choice and I actually had the unique opportunity to train with him during my residency. That experience was invaluable to me. In this ever changing and growing field of surgery, it is very important to keep up with current advances. In my spare time I keep up-to-date with various journals from the societies. I also try to attend as many conferences as possible. I truly want to offer my patients the best options available to treat their surgical needs. This includes advanced minimally invasive and robotic surgeries as this is the new frontier in general surgery. When I am not working with my patients, I enjoy traveling and spending time with my wife, exploring Washington, DC and Northern Virginia, supporting the Cincinnati Reds and Bengals, and playing tennis and basketball."

• General Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

• Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Appendectomy, Laparoscopic
  • Appendectomy, Open
  • Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Femoral Hernia Repair, Open
  • Gallbladder Removal
  • Gallbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy), Laparoscopic
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hernia Repair
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparotomy
  • Lung Surgery
  • Port Placements or Replacements

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Ross University / School Of Medicine & Veterinary Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2008
  • Good Samaritan Hosp

Dr. Matta has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Matta does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Matta and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Matta's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Matta

Dr. Matta?
Dr. Matta's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Ambar Matta, MD
Amazing Doctor from start to finish! I had my Gallbladder removed 2 months ago and I feel great, I had absolutely no post op pain, nor do I have any dietary restrictions. I'd definitely recommend..
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ambar Matta, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Matta?