Dr. Amar Sawar, MD

Dr. Amar Sawar, MD

Neurology  |
Dr. Amar Sawar, MD is a neurology specialist in Carbondale, IL. He specializes in neurology, rheumatology, and more.Read his story

714 E Walnut St

Carbondale, IL 62901

• HAP Insurance
  • HealthLink

Learn about Dr. Sawar

See how frequently Dr. Sawar performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Restless Leg Syndrome
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Dr. Sawar's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Sawar's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Sawar "Dr. Amar Sawar, MD is a neurologist/rheumatologist who practices in Southern Illinois. He has been practicing for 20 years in his specialties. Dr. Sawar is affiliated with St. Joesph Highland Hospital, Franklin County Hospital, Anderson Hospital, Pinckneyville Community Hospital, Memorial Hospital Chester, Heartland Regional Medical Center, and Marshall Browning Hospital. He also reads sleep studies for Heartland Regional Medical Center, Union County Hospital, Marshall Browning Hospital, St. Joesph Highland Hospital, and Pinckneyville Hospital. "

This content was provided by Dr. Sawar "Patient Centered Care"

• Neurology

• Neurology
  • Neuromuscular Medicine
  • Sleep Medicine
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Education data for Dr. Sawar is unavailable at this time.

Dr. Sawar has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Sawar does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sawar and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sawar's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sawar to family and friends
4.0
based on 63 total reviews (25 with comments)

Dr. Sawar's Performance

Office environment
Staff friendliness
Average wait time

in Carbondale, IL
Wonderful doctor! Much better than that new rheumatologist jarugla, he actually wants to help you!
in Maryville, IL
I've been seeing Dr. Sawar for only a short time and I could not have thanked my PCP for sending me there enough. He is so smart and just a short amount of time has helped me get my Parkinson Disease under control.
in Tamaroa Il.
Dr. Sawar has helped me and my family so much,and I would highly recommend him to anyone who has neurological, rheumatology or sleep medicine issues! I truly appreciate him as a physician as well as his wonderful staff!
in Godfrey, IL
Dr Sawar has to be one of the most efficient and caring doctors that I have ever been to. I went to my PCP with unbearable foot pain, and was referred to Dr. Sawar. I described the pain to him and he told me exactly what it was. He was right on target, this man is genius.
in Thompsonville, IL
I found Dr Sawar to be very helpful and professional. I've been sick off and on for years without any relief. I've been to several physicians to no avail. This doctor jumped right into my illness with all the confidence in the world. By the time I left the office I felt like there might be light at...more

Are you Dr. Sawar?