Neurology  |
Dr. Amar Sawar, MD
Dr. Amar Sawar, MD is a neurologist/rheumatologist who practices in Southern Illinois. He has been practicing for 20 years in his specialties. Dr. Sawar is affiliated with St. Joesph Highland Hospital, Franklin County Hospital, Anderson Hospital, Pinckneyville Community Hospital, Memorial Hospital Chester, Heartland Regional Medical Center, and Marshall Browning Hospital. He also reads sleep studies for Heartland Regional Medical Center, Union County Hospital, Marshall Browning Hospital, St. Joesph Highland Hospital, and Pinckneyville Hospital.

Neurology and Arthritis Clinic

714 E Walnut St

Carbondale, IL 62901

• HAP Insurance
  • HealthLink

Learn about Dr. Sawar

Patient Centered Care

Dr. Sawar's Experience

Dr. Sawar's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurology
  • Board certified in Clinical Neurophysiology, Neurology, Neuromuscular Medicine and Sleep Medicine

• Neurology

• Alzheimer's Disease
  • Aneurysm
  • Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Anterior Horn Disease
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Ataxia
  • Autonomic Disorders
  • Bell's Palsy
  • Brain Aneurysm
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Palsy
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Chorea (Excluding Huntington's Chorea)
  • Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
  • Dementia
  • Dermatomyositis
  • Diabetic Polyneuropathy
  • Dystonia
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Epilepsy
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Limb Swelling
  • Lupus
  • Lyme Disease
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscle Weakness
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Optic Neuritis
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Syncope
  • Systemic Chondromalacia
  • Systemic Sclerosis
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertebral Column Tumors
  • Vertigo

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • EMG (Electromyography)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University of Damascus / Faculty of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1985

Dr. Sawar has no media or publications listed.

• Arabic
  • French

Dr. Sawar does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sawar and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sawar's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sawar to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Sawar's Performance
Carbondale, IL |
Wonderful doctor! Much better than that new rheumatologist jarugla, he actually wants to help you!
Maryville, IL |
I've been seeing Dr. Sawar for only a short time and I could not have thanked my PCP for sending me there enough. He is so smart and just a short amount of time has helped me get my Parkinson Disease under control.
in Tamaroa Il. |
Dr. Sawar has helped me and my family so much,and I would highly recommend him to anyone who has neurological, rheumatology or sleep medicine issues! I truly appreciate him as a physician as well as his wonderful staff!
in Godfrey, IL |
Dr Sawar has to be one of the most efficient and caring doctors that I have ever been to. I went to my PCP with unbearable foot pain, and was referred to Dr. Sawar. I described the pain to him and he told me exactly what it was. He was right on target, this man is genius.
in Thompsonville, IL |
I found Dr Sawar to be very helpful and professional. I've been sick off and on for years without any relief. I've been to several physicians to no avail. This doctor jumped right into my illness with all the confidence in the world. By the time I left the office I felt like there might be light at the end of the tunnel. Last but not least his staff is top notch. They're all there to help, and jump in with no second thought! Thank you all for giving me hope. Sincerely, Teresa Anne Chadwell
Du Quoin, IL |
I suffer from a severe autoimmune disease, so my medication is very important. Dr. Sawar and his office staff do not send my prescriptions or provide necessary forms to my pharmacy; therefore, I do not receive my medication. It's been a week and a half since my appointment, and I still haven't received my medication! HORRIBLE WAY TO TREAT THE ILL!!!
in Tamaroa, IL |
Dr Sawar saved my life when he diagnosed me with a rare disease called myasthenia gravis. THANKS Doc.
laytonville, ca |
I have made many appointments with Dr, Sawar MD. with no trouble. He has a very good staff that . If they get the call, it is handled right away. I know Dr. Sawar very well, I feel he is the best in his field. I have been going to Dr. Sawar for about 3 years and he takes care of my problem. I would recommend anyone needing a very good Doctor to go to Dr. Sawar for he is one of the best.
Makanda, IL |
I have had trouble with them sending my prescription to the wrong Pharmacy or not sending it at all and this is happened after verifying it twice with me. Dr sawar change my milligrams they called me and told me on Thursday evening and they called and told me again on Friday morning today is Monday afternoon and went to the pharmacy and they have no prescription for me at all. I was livid. This is unacceptable!! It has happened way too many times. I will be calling them in the morning
in Carbondale , IL |
This doctor was a real miracle for me. I have been extremely thankful for this amazing doctor. I have been pain free since he started me on gabapentin and plaquenil for my fibromyalgia and RA. THANKS .
in Carbondale Il |
Dr Amar Sawar is a genius doctor. He was able to solve my medical puzzle. He is compassionate , caring , efficient and pleasant as well.
in Jonesboro IL |
Dr Sawar is the best physician I have ever seen in my life. He has always been courteous, kind, thorough, friendly and practical. I have been pain free since I saw him. He has a real great personality.
in Zeigler Il |
Dr Sawar has been a blessing for me he has cured my arthritis. He is down to earth , brilliant and practical.
in Collinsville IL |
Dr Amar Sawar is smart, pleasant , professional. I really love this man.
in Breese il |
Dr Sawar is easy to talk to , intelligent, professional and knowledgeable . Thanks Dr Sawar for your outstanding care
in highland il |
Dr Sawar is intelligent, friendly compassionate . He made my life pain free by treating my arthritis . I am thankful for him .
in Highland il |
I had been seeing this man for a while and finally changed neurologists always late for appointments never focused on what I felt was my issues always wanted to ask me stupid stuff that didn't pertain to me at all I am not at all impressed with him I want a doctor who listens to me not tell me what he thinks is my problems
in Du Quoin |
As a nurse practitioner I have been extremely impressed with Dr. Sawar's patience and kindness to me. I have a chronic long-standing condition that he has helped me so much with. I wish I could do something to pay him back for all he has helpprd me with. Wonderful man and super intelligent.
in Carlyle |
Dr. Sawar was very detailed in all of my symptoms. I have been living with severe body pain for many years and he understands my frustration. He was even able to see I had kidney problems which is something my primary doctor did not notice. His staff is very accommodating. Although they do not have a cancellation list, they did not mind me calling at all. Dr. Sawar has been a blessing to me in helping with my fibromyalgia.
in Eldorado |
Excellent Dr. Is a very efficient Dr. That's to him I am now headed straight to a path of better quality of life!! Thank you Dr. Sawar!
in Marion, IL |
Dr. Sawar is excellent Provider. He spends a great deal of time with all his patients. He is extremely intelligent. I would recommend him to everyone. I have learned a great deal from him as a student.
in Tamaroa |
Dr. Sawar is a highly intelligent physician. He cares about his patients and will do whatever it takes to help them. As a nurse and a patient also, I have deep respect for him and his ability to diagnose and treat his patients. I highly recommend him.
in Cambria IL |
I seen Dr.Sawar for a NCS/EMG and found out i have mortons neuroma. He was intelligent and the staff was very frienbdly and helpful.
in Carbondale IL |
Dr. Sawar has seen my mother in law and we have always had a pleasant experience with and his staff. He is one of the most thorough physicians I have ever met. He spent so much time explaining my mother in laws diagnosis and the treatment options I highly recommend everyone to go see him with any rheumatology or neurology issues.
in Carbondale IL |
Dr. Sawar actually takes the time and listens to my concerns. Another physician has referred to him as the holy grail of neurology the wait time to get in and see him is well worth it.
Highland, il |
3-5 weeks for a report when you are in pain, or need it to move on with treatment is to much time to wait. One and half hours past appointment time is to much. Spent 10 minutes with me, and kept trying to walk out the dorr when I still had questions.
Have you seen Dr. Amar Sawar, MD?
Are you Dr. Sawar?